Kana stops chanting

rackhir

Question

In pretty much every battle Kana either stops chanting or just does not start to chant.  I have not been able to detect any difference in this behavior with AI on or off.  This is irritating because it means that I have to micromanage chanting.  I would really prefer to have Kana (or any PC chanter I run) be "fire and forget" with respect to chants so that I can focus my attention on more important things.

Here is a link to a dropbox folder that contains the a save that I made after several battles where Kana exhibited this behavior:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kyit3hbsfgvjqug/AAC3XhRYG7niFXn7DlkJ05nKa?dl=0

8 answers to this question

Would this resolve it?

* While I didn't have itemloss issues with send off chars I did get an issue with Kana getting his original song in slot B, and disabling his auto-chanting upon starting off battles, very annoying. Removed all and remade my first, didn't help. Upon reloading a second slot of the same song showed, once I removed that, and for thoroughness remade A the issue was resolved and he used chanting in combat properly again.
  • Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Would this resolve it?

* While I didn't have itemloss issues with send off chars I did get an issue with Kana getting his original song in slot B, and disabling his auto-chanting upon starting off battles, very annoying. Removed all and remade my first, didn't help. Upon reloading a second slot of the same song showed, once I removed that, and for thoroughness remade A the issue was resolved and he used chanting in combat properly again.

Thanks for the help.  I'm not quite sure that I understand your quote, but I *think* I did what you recommended, and it did seem to help.  Specifically, I cleared out all of Kana's chants and re-wrote chant A, and then I saved and reloaded.  It works now.

Hey Aarik,

While Hassan's fix does resolve the issue, I can confirm the bug does exist.

Kana randomly stops chanting for no reason. The combat log says that he immediately started again, however he did not (no phrases were played nor effect applied).

post-1981-0-90046500-1458878182_thumb.jpg

I manually clicked on the chant to start it again. It played until the end of combat, which was only a few moments later. The combat logs shows that it topped twice, although it still indicates that the chant is playing on Kana's action bar.

post-1981-0-69694400-1458878281_thumb.jpg

Here's a savegame for you. There are a few mobs to the left so that you can check it out in-combat.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17xqphbgaov7wb6/4623530359d249c8b4ce350f9ae6967b%2014149682%20EndlessPathsofOdNuaLevel8.zip?dl=0

EDIT: Tried removing the chants and readding them, then closing and restarting the game. I noticed this in the process:

post-1981-0-42560900-1458879760_thumb.jpg

EDIT2: When to remove them again. When I click on the phases in Chant C to remove them, they immediately appeared again, as if they were "stacked"

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hey Aarik,

I know this one got marked as answered (and maybe I should have started a new thread instead of resurrecting this one), but this bug is still in the wild.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."