All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I remember buying a handful of Slade cd's back in the 80's when it was still a new media and cd's were relegated to a small corner at the back of the record stores This particular concert was not among those available though, just a perk of having youtube I guess (profanity warning!)
  3. Nice, great news. What exercising are you doing? I have changed my cardio routine from a brisk walk to jogging, I hadnt jogged for 4 years so I started slow and didnt want to push myself but after 5 days I can do my whole route without stopping Its amazing how quickly you can get back into fitness but I was walking fit but its not the same as jogging fit. I run through the CBD and then a park and I love the route and early morning activity Its about 4.5 km and I will expand the distance the fitter I get and I have been jogging for about 21 days
  4. Slowly putting together a new PC. Not that my old one is "outdated", as much as it has developed quirks and occasionally refuse to boot up. Even if trying to boot from a USB stick. Got some new SSD drives (4tb) and a Gigabyte motherboard. I'm going to reuse my old case, PSU, existing drives (and my Windows), soundcard and graphics card (none of which are in any way state of the art). The two things I still need is a CPU (getting the Intel I7 20 core cpu of some variety) and some RAM (getting 64gb of Corsair ram). All in all, it will have cost me about $2400 AUD including additonal SSD's (roughly $1500 USD) Edit: I really haven't had much joy out of Asus cards over the years, be they gfx or motherboards
  5. Today
  6. Turns out: I had enough money to buy a ship. Not enough for fancy equipment
  7. The other way around. 40k today is geared towards competitive play for the later generation and creates the same atmosphere as any moba/online pvp community. Toxic is the best way to describe it. Then you have the slightly less popular games systems like Horus Heresy and boxed games like Blood Bowl, Warhammer Quest and Necromunda (just to name a few), which is aimed at players who prefer narrative play over competitive play. But the latter usually appeals more to long time fans. I.e. those that were 40k fans 30 years ago but can afford to pay ridiculous over price for what is by GW standards niche games. Name calling like that just makes you look stupid btw.
  8. thought warhammer fan base must be less horrible than they were 20 years ago with all the new blood still the same level of pathetic
  9. Gotta love how the lore changed over the decades The Horus Heresy was a gimmick to explain why the boxed set had two sets of identical plastic titans in them (because GW couldn't afford more than 1 injection mold). It was a 2 line cast away reference in the manual, why imperial titans would fight each other. The Primarch names were all "invented" by a group of old guys in a drunken stupor in a pub. Completely no thought going into it, probably just a lot of laughter and thigh slapping... and so on and so on. It wasn't really until 20 hears later they started organizing it a bit better. Edit: I don't remember when the idea of legions appeared. The original 18 chapters later branched out and became a 1000 chapters, spawned of the original 20 legions and their 21 Primarchs (22 if you count Valdor as a Primarch, 23 if you also count whatshisname the leader of the original Thunder Warriors as one). Later editions introduced Astarte as the Luna geneticist, that created the Primarchs and their offspring, named after her (the Astartes Project). There was also another "mother of space marines" introduced the last decade, which provided the female chromosomes for the Primarchs (the Emperor the male chromosomes obviously). It's a constantly evolving background. No wonder they have ideological warfare going on both in the lore and the fan base Edit2: I suppose that makes the Emperor their father in the very literal sense of the word, even if he denies ever having had sex with that woman
  10. The memes are endless... some good, some bad, some just plain weird
  11. I'm curious about a 2hander goldpact build so I tested this, both Enduring Flames's DoT and Tidefall's Lash has fixed duration now.
  12. Yesterday
  13. Weird the rabbit holes I fall into, but I had no idea that Quiet Riot remade Cvm on Feel the Noize. The singers even sound the same! Anywho, heres the og band Slade:
  14. While Article 5 is what gets invoked it's actually Article 6 that is relevant. per NATO: So France couldn't invoke Article 5 for the Sahel as it isn't their sovereign territory under their jurisdiction- also the case for Ukraine, of course, they'd be in or over the territory of a Non Party. For that matter, also true for the Falklands War since it was south of the Tropic of Cancer so Britain couldn't invoke Article 5 even if she wanted to. Lest we forget, there are already NATO troops on the ground anyway, just unacknowledged. Wasn't that long ago people were yelling at the Germans for revealing it with their rationale for not sending Taurus. It's extremely likely some have died already too, and been passed off as 'training accidents'. The talk of French Foreign Legion troops being sent is fundamentally because, well, no one cares if they die.
  15. Uploaded the new files: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/360?tab=files#file-container-miscellaneous-files Massive thanks @Kvellen
  16. Thanks for reminding me I tried it now with the remaining voiced line in the finale, and it works flawlessly! The sfx of the wheel getting destroyed from the same .bnk still plays appropriately, so seems like just removing a single baked wem leaves the rest intact. iirc I considered that way back but didn't want to edit any of the convo files
  17. That's interesting, didn't think about interrupt being a factor. I knew there had to be a catch because it felt too easy. So i'm basically better off just go with this slight variation over the stat distribution of that Bleak Walker build: 20 8 10 15 15 10 Or something along those lines (dump constitution even further, sqeeze some points to dexterity etc). This is if i want to try a no respec challenge meaning this distribution would have to carry me before AND after level 13. With 10 resolve and some buffs from food etc i could double as off-tank on a pinch by keeping a 1h weapon and the Outworn Shield on my second weapons slot. I was going all out on damage because of the "theme" of the Bleak Walker being a killer but maybe i better play it safe. I'm playing on PoTD with Expert Mode on while also trying to do as little reloading as possible, sort of training myself for a future Iron Mode run that's why i'm trying to power game a bit. BTW, i tried a Darcozzi two-handed build a couple of years ago but i never finished that playthrough because of various circumstances. I decided to go for a Bleak Walker this time around specifically to try something different, not in terms of class per-se but roleplaying style. Of course, i suppose there's nothing prevent me from trying around two-handed weapons even with this build, at least until i get the two-weapon style talent or i get my hands on Bittercut.
  18. We've been using "butterflies" for years (I seem to remember nurses using it in the 90s when I was hospitalized), but I still can't stand it, the feeling of the needle is enough to set me off. I can still take a prick though.
  19. Not talked officially yet, but French does this all the time with their Foreign Legion in Sahel. They soldiers were attacked a lot by ISIS and similar bunch, and they never invoked Article 5. And some "analytics" are cautiously speaking about similar scenario. Also, there are already troops from NATO countries in Ukraine, but always just as advisors or trainers. Not in combat duties.
  20. I know that this is the case for stuff like Wounding Shot, Goldpact's Fire DoT and so on - but I think wounding lashes from weapons and boar tusks were not affected (and low INT still raises their dps) - but I'm not 100% sure.
  21. If you want the most effective party you should bring a Priest and give him Inspiring Radiance and use Devotions for the Faithful as soon as it's available. So Durance would be my pick although he's sluggish. But he has good RES and with a shield and weapon & shield style he will be a sturdy caster and not be bothered and shot at by ranged enemies a lot, which is good. That way he can go with light armor which can make up for his low DEX. Conselor Ploi or something similar is great for support, especially accuracy support for an individual party member. If you bring Wizard, Priest and Druid your party will be very strong from the mid to late game due to the abundance of strong spells. In the beginning it will be a bit harder because few spells per rest. Because of that I would use the 6th slot for a party member that is very good early on (high starting values) and still has a good power curve. That's a Monk for me. Monks require more micro management than most other martial classes but imo they are the best martial class. You can even build a very strong ranged Monk (see Witch Doctor build). You can use a hired adventurer and replace them later with Zahua (I like Zahua a lot). Alternatives would be a Ranger (additional body with the Animal Companion is great right away - and Saganis comes very early) or Cipher (Mind Control capabilities are superb at early levels, Grieving Mother can be yours rel. early if you make a beeline for her). Both require a lot more micro than a Fighter for example. Fighter generally is a good starter, but you already have Edér - and Fighters' power curve is pretty flat unfortunately. I really like Barbs but they are not good in the early game but become great lateer on (much like casters). So I wouldn'r recommend that in this case. A Chanter is also excellent if you play slow (PotD difficulty and/or playing more strategically - buffing, debuffing/CC, surgically dismantling the enemies rather than using a brute force approach). If you like to rush things though a Chanter will only pay off once he/she reaches lvl. 9. On the other hand the official companion chanter Kana comes very early - which is nice. Also a chanter can be extremely powerful in the early quest around/in Raedric's Castle - if you know how to use the invocation "White Worms" properly. Rogues start strong as well but are very squishy. If you can be patient with them and only let them flank once the enemies have settled arounf the tank they can work well. Or you use them with a reach weapon from the second row - or a ranged weapon and pick off casters and such. Also a flat power curve compared to casters and the Monk - but the advantage in the early game is significant if you can avoid getting attacked too much. If you want to power your party up even more you can use a second Priest. Give him Inspiring Radiance as well. It stacks with the one from Durance, giving your party immediate +20 all-stackable Accuracy. One can build a good melee "offank" Priest or even a melee dmg dealing Priest (use maximum MIG, Aggrandizing Radiance and at some point Minor Avatar and pick the Great Sword Tidefall. Its wounding lash gets boosted by MIG which turns it into a great weapon in this priest's hands). You can also use Novice's Suffering instead of a weapon and pick up the Sandals of the Forgotten Friar at some point, making the Priest a semi-monk. Novice's Suffering doesn't profit much from damage bonuses other than MIG. Superhigh MIG turns those fists into hefty weapons though - and they cost no enchantment resources. Not bad for a character who's casting most of times anyways and only uses his fists when all spells are cast. Anyways: your party composition is good. Make sure to stealth your backline before starting combat and only let the enemies see the tank (and offtank) first. Use the Paladin (and Monk or whomever is your third front liner - maybe a shifted Hiravias or an Animal Companion?) to catch enemies who run past the tank to protect your backline. Or use chokepoints if you can. Wizard's best spells in the early game are Chillfog and Parasitic Staff imo. Use Durance's Inspiring Radiance right at the start of battle (not as a tool for healing but for ACC buffing) so your initial CC/debuffing spells (see Chillfog) do have a higher chance of hitting. Insp. Radiance stacks with everything.
  22. If you are one of the front line characters and taking a lot of heat, dumping RES can be a problem, even for a Paladin in thick armor and still mediocre deflection despite the RES dump - because RES also determines concentration. Especially if you get attacked by multiple fast enemies you can get interrupt-locked because the chance of you getting interrupted will be very high. This - as well as getting knocked out more often due to less deflection - can lead to a drop of actual dps (the one you really do vs. the one you'd do on paper). It's one of the reasons why Rogues are in theory the masters of dps while in the actual game they are often not - unless you can reliably play aronud their weaknesses. This will also be the case here: if you play such a Paladin as a flanker he will perform a lot better than just letting him get attacked too much. But since a Paladin comes with a nice set of defensive capabilities already and piling defenses has increasing returns I often think it's a bit of a waste to make a Paladin a total glasscannon instead of a reliable and sturdy damage dealer (+support character). Not the best at dealing weapon damage besides the two big FoD strikes (and a Runner's Wouding Shot if you like and maybe a Knockdown strike from a belt item) - but also most likely one of the last ones to go down. I personally really like the mix of sturdy, two handed (spike) damage + accuracy support for a fellow front liner which can totally turn the tides against tough enemies. This I'll achieve with a "marking" two hander (Blade of the Endless Paths & Spectacular Spetum would be the optimal two handed sets) and Coordinated Attacks plus Zealous Focus. If you flank an enemy with a buddy (preferrably one with good CC options to keep the foe disabled) that buddy will get +25 accuracy just because you are there - and you'll drop the enemy's deflection by 10, too (flanked) which usually makes it way easier to finish them off. Best pick would be Darcozzi Paladini (because Inspiring Exhortation stacks with all this, too) - but Bleak Walker works as well as any other Paladin order and of course gives your FoD more oomph. Best weapon pick for the buddy would be Cladhaliath with "Stunning" + "Coordinating" enchantments. But any weapon with Overbearing or Stunning would be great (like Hours of St. Rumbalt). Or if your buddy has unlimited CC anyways (see Monk's Force of Anguish) then any single handed, high ACC weapon would be great, too (see Ravenwing for example). Also a special interrupt weapon such as Mosquito or the Vile Loner's Lance can be great on fast attcking buddies with high PER and Interrupting Blows (talent), interrupt-locking the enemy without using any resources (interrupt rolls get a +25 bonus if your buddy crits). Delivering crits even to dragons and such is rel. easy if you pile up Marking, Coordinated Attacks, Zealous Focus, one handed weapon usage an accurate weapon and a Priest's Inspiring Radiance + Devotions for the Faithful. Ifyour buddy is a Cipher with Tactical Meld + Borrowed Instincts things get really ridiculous as his accuracy will pile up into unknown heights, allowing almost guaranteed critical hits. It's not as useful against numerous little foes, but that's what AoE is for most of times (see Sacred Immolation but of course your fellows' AoE abilities also). Against foes like dragons etc. this ACC support that doesn't use any resources and stacks with every other ACC buff (except the part of Zealous Focus) is very valuable and a lot more reliable than pure (glasscannonish) dps imo.
  23. Is there stuff in this patch for the game engine that will transfer to PoE II as well? Thanks for your work!
  24. Good morning, I wanted to do a run and I was undecided about the party, from what I read I was oriented towards it: -Fighter Eder (tank) -Paladin MC (offtank) Counselor Ploi Build -??? -Druid Hiravias (CC/DD) Hungrycat Build -Wizard Aloth (CC/DD) Zeblastian Build -Priest Durance (CC/DD) Fire Priest Build -Is it good as a composition? -What tank build do you recommend for Eder? -What do you recommend for the last free slot? Thanks for your suggestions
  1. Load more activity