Will Project X be a good game?
56 members have voted
Neverwinter Nights 2 Community Update
September 14, 2007
It's that time again. This week we look at the Sacred Fist prestige class, a couple great community mods and the Sundren Persistent World.
Mask of The Betrayer
Sacred Fists are independent organizations found within many temples. Their ascetic members have turned their divine magic inward, bringing their bodies and wills into harmony. Sacred Fists have forsworn the use of weapons and heavy armor. They consider their bodies and minds gifts from their deity, and they believe that not developing those gifts to their fullest potential is a sin. Spellcasting does not dishonor them or their deity. Sacred Fists are strong in faith, will and body.
Clerics are excellent candidates for Sacred Fist orders. Paladins may also choose to join them, but are seldom comfortable surrendering the trappings of their calling. Fighters, rogues, bards and even ex-monks may make good candidates, provided they have enough levels in a class that grants divine spells. Druids occasionally find the class's combat skills useful, but sorcerers and wizards find little to interest them.
- Base Attack Bonus: +4
- Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Combat Casting.
- Skills: Lore 8 ranks
- Spellcasting: Ability to cast 1st level divine spells.
- Hit Die: d8
- Base Attack Bonus: High.
- High Saves: Fortitude and Reflex.
- Proficiencies: Sacred Fists gain no proficiency with any weapons, armor or shields.
- Skill Points: 4 + Int Modifier.
- Class Skills: Concentration, Heal, Lore, Spellcraft and Tumble.
- Spells per Day/Spells Known: When a new Sacred Fist level is gained (except levels 4 and 8 ), the character gains new spells per day as though he had gained a level in whatever divine spellcasting class gave him access to 1st-level divine spells. If the caster had more than one applicable divine spellcasting class, he must pick one to improve.
- AC Bonus: When unencumbered and wearing light or no armor, a 1st level Sacred Fist gains a +1 AC bonus. This bonus increases to +2 at 5th level, and +3 at 10th level.
- Unarmed Damage: A Sacred Fist deals unarmed combat as a monk of equal level. A Sacred Fist's monk level (if any) stacks with his class level for the purposes of determining unarmed damage.
- Fast Movement: If the Sacred Fist has levels of Monk, his Sacred Fist level stacks with his monk level for purposes of determining Monk Speed. Otherwise he gets the equivalent of Monk Speed at 3rd level, and it progresses identically to the 3rd level monk ability Monk Speed.
- Sacred Flames: At 4th level the Sacred Fist can invoke sacred flames around his fists. These flames add to the Sacred Fist's unarmed damage. The additional damage is equal to the Sacred Fist's class level plus Wisdom modifier. This lasts 10 combat rounds. This ability initially can only be used once per day, increasing to twice per day at 8th level.
- Uncanny Dodge: At 6th level, the Sacred Fist retains any Dexterity bonus to AC when flat-footed or when struck by an invisible attacker.
- Inner Armor: At 10th level, the Sacred Fist can protect himself from harm once per day. He gets a +4 sacred bonus to AC, a +4 sacred bonus on all saves, and a spell resistance equal to 25 for a number of rounds equal to his Wisdom modifier.
Bastard Sword Override by Riuthamus
It looks as though Riuthamus has started a series of custom weapon models. The goal looks to be to make more accurate, and less fantastic weapons. His first weapon pack, Bastard Swords, can be found here on NWVault.
RWS Bridge Pack by Robinson Workshop
The guys at Robinson Workshop have released their bridge pack. You can have a look here on NWVault.
Persistent World Spotlight: Sundren
by Saulus Mursadus
What is Sundren?
Allow me to introduce Sundren. Sundren is a low magic Neverwinter Nights 2 persistent world, in the heavy roleplaying category. We are constantly improving our module, as well as the extensive backend we provide for the server. We also provide a community portal with forums and a photo gallery which our users can submit images to. The website is hosted on a dedicated server, as is our in-house client updater and our development server. What this means for you as a player, is that our uptime is nothing short of excellent, and that you will be able to be online when you please, independent of what time zone you just might happen to live in. Our development server and bug tracking system allows us to replicate and respond to the bugs you report much, much faster.
Sundren is set in the Forgotten Realms, using a timeline only slightly altered from the material provided by Wizards of the Coast. The land of Sundren is located south of Icewind Dale, near the spine of the world. Encircled by imposing mountain ranges and treacherous reefs, Sundren is a very recent land in the Forgotten Realms timeline. Having never been plagued by the wars and territory disputes of older kingdoms, Sundren has recently become the focus of several organizations interested in the vast amount of precious minerals the country
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now