Sincerely atm I now look only at plate, robe, padded and hide armors.

I'd keep scale armor on the table solely for fighters, because the -20% armor speed penalty plus -15% from durganizing push it down to zero recovery penalty. For any other class it's a pretty underwhelming combo of defense and speed.

Why not breastplate?

Ditto. There are several good breastplates to be had.

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Sincerely atm I now look only at plate, robe, padded and hide armors.

I'd keep scale armor on the table solely for fighters, because the -20% armor speed penalty plus -15% from durganizing push it down to zero recovery penalty. For any other class it's a pretty underwhelming combo of defense and speed.

Why not breastplate?

Ditto. There are several good breastplates to be had.

I Durganized Dragon Scale armor, and I am wondering if I made a mistake. I wanted to give my dual wielding Paladin as little an armor penalty as possible, but 10 Pierce resist isn't much...

Sagani's hunting bow is somewhat pointless in my opinion (ha - pointless!) because it has lower base damage. Don't get why Durance can have a great dual damage variant plus lash on his staff while Sagani has to use a dual damage bow which base damage got reduced.

Well, Durance has horrible deflection and endurance, so using that staff is pretty risky. He goes down faster than a fiery whore.

I forgot Sagani's bow has reduced damage. I keep Vicious Aim and Penetrating Shot active at all times, and she always punches through the DR.

Actually I don't know of any build that is using a quarterstaff. :)

They just lack an interesting unique.

Talutain's Staff is fun for throwing around fireballs. If you run out you can also swap to the Flames of Fair Rhian for more fireballs. And if you don't have enough fireballs in your life for some reason and you're Wizard you also have 4 extra casts of fireball at the ready. Potentially more with Talents and Spell Mastery because you can never have enough fireballs.

But otherwise, yeah it say a lot that the most interesting quarterstaff in the game is Durance's since it has a permanent burning lash on it... which could be fun on a barbarian...

EDIT: Even though I was joking around about the fireballs thing... I think I've come up with a build idea... dang.

Edited by Wolken3156

Yes, that's my favorite late game rogue: 2 Flames of Fair Rhian sabres and Talunthain's staff fpr 9 Fireballs per rest. Also Curoc's Brand for an additional one. Ealry on you can get Sun Touched Mail of Hyran Rath and a bit later the Amulet of Summer Solstice. That makes 10 Fireballs and 6 Sunbeams per rest which is very good with Deathblows (= double base damage of the spells). Also works well with a fighter and disciplined Barrage. Bot classes lack a bit of AoE (if you ignore Charge and Clear Out).

Sunbeam is also great for rogues because it blinds for a decent amount of time.

But no, I meant a quarterstaff as melee weapon. Except wizards with Concenhaut's Staff I know of no build that is focusing on a quarterstaff. Durance's Staff and Llawrans Stick are viable options, but they are not very exciting either. Same with morning stars, swords and pollaxes.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods