Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Trying to decide whether I should refund Blood Bowl 2 or not.

The pro: it is Blood Bowl

The con: The AI in the one match I tried was worse than terrible. The skaven players would run back and forth, swapping positions for the same end result of marking my players, but having forced the AI to make dice rolls that could have failed:
Example 1: Skaven Player A is marking Dark Elf Player A, while Skaven B is marking Dark Elf B. Skaven A didges away from Dark Elf A, rolling a dice and aiming for a 2+. Easy, but still a 1 in 6 chance of getting tackled and ending the turn. Skaven A, B and C now surround Dark Elf B. Instead of trying to hit my player with all the assists the AI brought in, Skaven B now dodges away from Dark Elf B, again on a 2+ and takes up the spot Skaven A had occupied next to Dark Elf A.
Example 2: I kick the ball and it lands next to the Skaven Thrower. A Skaven player with agility 3 will pick up the ball on a roll of 3+. The Thrower has the Sure Hands skill and gets to re-roll that should he fail. Instead of trying to pick up the ball with the Thrower, the AI runs the Thrower away from the ball, and brings another player to the ball to pick it up instead. Mind you, the Thrower also has the Pass skill, meaning he gets a re-roll when passing the ball, making him a fairly good choice of player to pick up the ball after kick off - it is the reason why playbooks have him set up in the back...

The UI is terrible. Or as some people say: There is no UI.

The graphics look nice at first, but the highlight real reveals a hell of a lot of glaring clipping issues.

I'll only play single player, as I play against humans in the tabletop version anyway.

Edited by melkathi, 11 September 2017 - 03:14 PM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
If you are not happy with it, refund for sure. That small amount of money may be just that but it could very well get you another game that you enjoy much more.
  • melkathi and marelooke like this

Eumaios

Eumaios

(3) Conjurer

• Validating
  • 121 posts
Have won a handful of games on level 9 (out of 100 ugh!). I have a couple of stalemates in there also, which bites since both stalemates were the result of my foolishly moving into a position where the enemy king couldn't make a move but wasn't in check. I've never much played chess in the past other than goofing around. Going from 8 to 9 was really steep and I swear it seems like sometimes 9 can suddenly get harder for several games. Crazy human thinking to be sure. Anyhow, if I can get to the point where I win over half of the games on level 9 (child's level) then I'll graduate to 10 (still child's level).

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

If you are not happy with it, refund for sure. That small amount of money may be just that but it could very well get you another game that you enjoy much more.

Just filed a refund request with support. Maybe if it ever goes dead cheap I'll get it again, but only if it is really cheap.
  • SonicMage117 likes this

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3752 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Low Magic Age - Turn-based tactical (role playing) game. Currently, there is only an arena mode available in its Early Access state. An adventure mode (endless) is planned. I'm reading that a story mode will come in the future, too. You fight different challenges, when they are done, you get to fight a boss type of encounter. Beat that, and a new set of challenges appears. I think I have fought 105 times and died 5 times. You level up your characters, buy stuff from the shop/or get loot after you win an encounter. There aren't enough spells for Wizards/Clerics, but they are probably being worked on. More classes are being worked on. My current party setup is: Wizard(Elementalist), Wizard(Summoner, crowd controller), Barbarian, Cleric/healer/tank, Fighter with a bow, and a rogue/dual wielder. There are still stuff to iron out, but reading about their short term and long term plans, I have hopes that I will spend 50 more hours on top of the 15 hours I have already spent with the game.

The game rules are evolved from the Open Game License (OGL), the set of rules based on the pen-n-paper version of fantasy role-playing games of all time, made by Wizards of the Coast.

Other than that, I am playingreading World End Economica Episode 1. On Console, I am playing Arc the Lad 2.

I will most likely put everything on hold in a couple of days, when Divinity: Original Sin 2 releases.

Eumaios

Eumaios

(3) Conjurer

• Validating
  • 121 posts
Attached File  2017-09-12.gif   340.75KB   0 downloads

Haha I broke Simply Chess! I feel like I managed to break into Skynet by overflowing the blackjack game! This would have been a stalemate, but apparently the game didn't know how to manage it when both of us had lost everything except one pawn which we both turned into queens. It just gave an error message and stopped altogether. Total comedy.
  • Mamoulian War, WDeranged, Labadal and 1 other like this

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6917 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Got Silver in the Africa scenario in RT3. Got lucky with the economy seeding. Almost cleared the game. Hm nuts then have the expansion.

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
One of my XCOM soldiers got fear of missed shots and may panic whenever she misses a shot... in XCOM...
  • Hurlshot, marelooke and the_dog_days like this

Fenixp

Fenixp

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1885 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Maybe you should ...

... Fire her.

tenor.gif

• ShadySands, Tale, Mamoulian War and 4 others like this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

One of my XCOM soldiers got fear of missed shots and may panic whenever she misses a shot... in XCOM...

I swear this could only happen to you.
  • melkathi and marelooke like this

Fenixp

Fenixp

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1885 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Now that I'm finally home and can play a bit more demanding stuff, I've opted not to. Because... Well, I got consumed by...

Edit: Incidentally, Amplitude have just added fighters and bombers to the game.

Edited by Fenixp, 13 September 2017 - 08:57 PM.

• melkathi and Chilloutman like this

redneckdevil

redneckdevil

Psycho Hillbilly of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

made the mistake of booting up dragonfall.  Playing an elf decker and cant stop playing.  sigh, screw mecha, i wish HBS was still making these shadowrun games.  been the only games in a while that i HAVE and WILL complete my playthru of, which is sadly an accomplishment these days.

• ShadySands likes this

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8552 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

I would guess HBS will return to Shadowrun down the road. 

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7315 posts

I would guess HBS will return to Shadowrun down the road. 

I think they alluded to as much in interviews, but I don't mind them recharging the creative juices instead of churning out SR games like mad.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2397 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Shadowrun is my favorite setting of anything ever so I'm always greedy for more

• Hurlshot and redneckdevil like this

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10530 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
Titanfall 2

The campaign is maybe half as good as everyone was saying it was.

The multiplayer is the first time in a while I've played a game with fewer than 20 players in a match and actually enjoyed it.

Eumaios

Eumaios

(3) Conjurer

• Validating
  • 121 posts
I don't know if it's a sign that I'm improving or not, but I've managed to break the chess game again. I've also managed to get a draw by having nothing left but two kings. heh. If I force myself to take my time, have a good record of winning on 9, but it makes the game last a long time. So, to give chess a break, I'm playing a game called Mordheim: City of the Damned. I've got this mercenary band that relies heavily on archers. If I can get my positioning right, I brutalize the enemy. If my people get separated, it can be tough. I'm getting ready to start the second or third mission on the mercenary campaign path. It'd been a while since I'd played, but it seems to be more or less going smoothly.

Fenixp

Fenixp

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1885 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The campaign is maybe half as good as everyone was saying it was.

You disliked Prey either so you're one of those really negative tales that have kids with cigarettes expecting end of the world and end with them being eaten by a wolf or some two-headed monstrosity.

Just sayin'. It's okay tho, there always has to be a person with a Max avatar that's wrong.

Edited by Fenixp, 14 September 2017 - 09:09 AM.

• Tale likes this

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10530 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer

Just sayin'. It's okay tho, there always has to be a person with a Max avatar that's wrong.

And maybe some day you'll find him.

Eumaios

Eumaios

(3) Conjurer

• Validating
  • 121 posts
I just returned to chess for a game. The thing that gets me is, if I manage to eek out a win, it's a real mess. Last time I won resoundingly. I had a queen, a rook, a knight, and a bishop at the end. A lot of the computer wins are quicker and cleaner. I know why. The computer plans to win by achieving the win-state, which is the king in check with no viable options. I know I concentrate on taking out pieces too much, which is also why I don't win as much as a I should. I'm getting far better, but I have a sort of bias towards taking pieces that I need to put behind me to improve. I'm actually tempted to read up on chess strategies. heh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gfted1