RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - DA REAL DEAL

Rosbjerg

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Games journalist from VentureBeat tries to pass the first level of Cuphead for 30 minutes and fails.

Is this worse than Polygon's Doom gameplay video? I think it is. 

I don't want to pick on anyone, but I could only handle 2 minutes of this video and had to turn it off.  I know there's been spots in games that I made look harder than they were, but damn...............

HA! Good Fun!

But... is there Muhammad as playable character? xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The devs said they wouldn't feature Muhammad as his ideals are against the religious beliefs that of the developers. Ironic? I think not but I guess someone out there will think so.

Games journalist from VentureBeat tries to pass the first level of Cuphead for 30 minutes and fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk

Is this worse than Polygon's Doom gameplay video? I think it is.

I don't want to pick on anyone, but I could only handle 2 minutes of this video and had to turn it off.  I know there's been spots in games that I made look harder than they were, but damn...............
I play better than that when I'm drunk and the room is spinning...
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The devs said they wouldn't feature Muhammad as his ideals are against the religious beliefs that of the developers. Ironic? I think not but I guess someone out there will think so.

Sounds more like escape goat :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So apparently Obsidian fired a writer or he resigned or whatever because he posted on the codex some stuff once. Now some SJW or whatever folks are all like "rejoice!" and "justice!" and crap.

I've read some of the comments and all I could think about was "Why are people so retarded?"

/Edit: https://archive.is/FJosW

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So apparently Obsidian fired a writer or he resigned or whatever because he posted on the codex some stuff once. Now some SJW or whatever folks are all like "rejoice!" and "justice!" and crap.

I've read some of the comments and all I could think about was "Why are people so retarded?"

Currently a thread on it in Deadfire's forum:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93720-okay-so-here-is-what-actually-happened-with-obsidian-writer-that-resigned/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1934991

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Um...hmm. I don't ever visit the game-specific subforums: are they generally a flaming dumpster, or is it just that thread?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Um...hmm. I don't ever visit the game-specific subforums: are they generally a flaming dumpster, or is it just that thread?

They aren't all bad but that thread was pretty terrible

is funny on a certain level.  1/2 posters saying they see nothing wrong with ______.  other half saying you gotta be blind to not see the wrong.  complete absence o' any middle ground where reasonable discussion can take place.  unintended hilarity ensues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xHC-akdxnA

is sorta like the amber scott kerfuffle, but from opposite end o' the spectrum. predictable, but somehow still disappointing.

our solution is to laugh at the universe 'cause the universe must needs be laughing at us.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The game-specific section is usually much more sane than this section and the even the way-off topic section. I am everyehere and besides that one thread, the only other bad one I've seen is the anime one. However, it isn't really about the threads, it's more of the comments or people that comment in it. Just look at how many decent topics/threads we have here only to get ruined by comments later. It's the Internet, anything can be squandered and squandered quickly at that.

Either way, the thread's just as bad as the politics one and Arvan Eleron and the mods warned me about.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

is funny on a certain level. 1/2 posters saying they see nothing wrong with ______. other half saying you gotta be blind to not see the wrong. complete absence o' any middle ground where reasonable discussion can take place. unintended hilarity ensues.

I think it's hypocritical for anyone on this forum to look down on the people on those thread for arguing. A few months after I joined this forum, people encouraged arguments and blunt opinions. I even got blocked by a few for saying "I don't want to post my proof, I don't need your validation, I don't want to argue", add to that the cancerous political discussions in the way-off topic that always gets heated so yeah, it's quite silly for anyone here to act as though it's more immature or anything along those lines.

This is why you never post on the Internet.  Or at least, create many burner identities.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

is funny on a certain level. 1/2 posters saying they see nothing wrong with ______. other half saying you gotta be blind to not see the wrong. complete absence o' any middle ground where reasonable discussion can take place. unintended hilarity ensues.
I think it's hypocritical for anyone on this forum to look down on the people on those thread for arguing. A few months after I joined this forum, people encouraged arguments and blunt opinions. I even got blocked by a few for saying "I don't want to post my proof, I don't need your validation, I don't want to argue", add to that the cancerous political discussions in the way-off topic that always gets heated so yeah, it's quite silly for anyone here to act as though it's more immature or anything along those lines.

is hypocritical if you mock such discussions when they happen regardless o' the fora? lord knows we personal has lamented, ad nauseum, the increasing predictable polarization o' perspectives on these boards, and Gromnir is hardly alone.  point out how folks in arguments is complete talking past each other is a common critique 'cause such happens with great frequency and is not limited to any particular portion o' the board. sure, has always been an issue when discussing gaming issues to have folks with comical myopic viewpoints refusing to consider any argument but their own.  weren't any different in 1999.  however, wannabee social engineers throwing themselves into the donnybrook has become more common in the past couple years. is unsurprising folks is even less open-minded 'bout cultural issues than they is 'bout games.  

in any event, your rush to defense o' the masses is cute and all, but perhaps a bit misguided.

HA! Good Fun!

ps in our post we specific mentioned the amber scott brouhaha, which occurred, for the most part, in the computer and console portion o' this board.  

Edited by Gromnir

is hypocritical if you mock such discussions when they happen regardless o' the fora? lord knows we personal has lamented, ad nauseum, the increasing predictable polarization o' perspectives on these boards, and Gromnir is hardly alone.  point out how folks in arguments is complete talking past each other is a common critique 'cause such happens with great frequency and is not limited to any particular portion o' the board. sure, has always been an issue when discussing gaming issues to have folks with comical myopic viewpoints refusing to consider any argument but their own.  weren't any different in 1999.  however, wannabee social engineers throwing themselves into the donnybrook has become more common in the past couple years. is unsurprising folks is even less open-minded 'bout cultural issues than they is 'bout games.  

in any event, your rush to defense o' the masses is cute and all, but perhaps a bit misguided.

HA! Good Fun!

Look here, fearless stone giant who hails the forums... To be honest I don't know half what you just said, I don't speak Gromnir or Ogre. For that I apologize but...

I'm not white knighting anything or rushing in to defend anyone but why am I getting scorned for not judging them for something that everyone here is guilty of? Misguided? Not so much... more like just having a different view is all. I'm sorry I don't understand yours or others or go along with others but as always, my opinion is invalid as ever and I'm a troll for thinking differently (as some would have others believe).

Still, entertaining none-the-less if I do say so myself.

You are no match for my elven archery skills. On guard!!!

"I don't speak Gromnir or Ogre."

oh dear, another one. can't imagine how many times we has seen folks retreat to that bit o' desperation. we will observe how continued response will obvious give lie to the proclamation o' inability to comprehend.*shrug* regardless, as is our custom, the first one is free.  

"why am I getting scorned for not judging them for something that everyone here is guilty of?"

being perhaps a bit narcissistic.  Gromnir responded to shady, in agreement, that the thread in question were "pretty terrible."  you wanna make this 'bout you somehow?  how you get from such a point A to your current point KHGESCTZWIL eludes us.

the rest o' your response just kinda trailed off into nonsense, which if intentional were perhaps more clever than your previous post.

am expecting a warning, soon, to keep this 'bout topics rather than persons.  is good advice. 

to stay on-topic, kinda, am almost nostalgic for the objective xp will be the death of pillars threads. as mind numbing repetitive and pointless as such were, at least they were sole 'bout games.

oh, and

most o' the random blogger reviews we has seen suggest the game needs polish.  as we wait six months before buying such games anyway, am moderate looking forward to februaryish. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Hmmmm...

I'm not desperate, and it wasn't meant as an insult to you so it's fine. Then again, I now consider that your dialect imay be far different from mine as you are from a different whereabouts. My first language is spanish so there is alot of english that I haven't heard, I admit. There is a language barrier here I see.

I didn't make this about me, at least not intentionally. So there's that for what its worth.

It is nonsense, isn't it? Anything that our minds reject or places as irrelavent is nonsense. Even things that are relaized and legitimate still get labeled as nonsense after all. So I yes, in calculated measure of the nine divines, I hereby decree to thee that my comments are rubbish nonsense!

Lastlt, sorry, I did nut mean to offend Gromnir. Gromnir sad. Gromnir have cookie. GROMNIR GETTING ANGRY!!!

^I tried. Talking Gromnir doesn't suit me well.

There are many a Destiny fans out there so I'll post these :)

Hmmmm...

I'm not desperate, and it wasn't meant as an insult to you so it's fine. Then again, I now consider that your dialect imay be far different from mine as you are from a different whereabouts. My first language is spanish so there is alot of english that I haven't heard, I admit. There is a language barrier here I see.

I didn't make this about me, at least not intentionally. So there's that for what its worth.

It is nonsense, isn't it? Anything that our minds reject or places as irrelavent is nonsense. Even things that are relaized and legitimate still get labeled as nonsense after all. So I yes, in calculated measure of the nine divines, I hereby decree to thee that my comments are rubbish nonsense!

Lastlt, sorry, I did nut mean to offend Gromnir. Gromnir sad. Gromnir have cookie. GROMNIR GETTING ANGRY!!!

^I tried. Talking Gromnir doesn't suit me well.

as we noted already, responding to Gromnir's posts as you have clear undercuts the claim 'o an inability to understand our particular posting style.  oh sure, maybe a few details elude your comprehension, but you clear got the meaning.  fibbing is muy malo. 

in any event, am far from angered by this byplay.  disappointed?  a bit. you got no idea how often we has seen folks follow the same exact script. if you had shown any kinda originality or creativity, we woulda' been appreciative.  perhaps mighta' had us smile or chuckle.  instead we got feigned lack o' comprehension and absurdism.

am knowing how the script goes from here, but we wouldn't wanna ruin it for you.

oh, and there were a new pathfinder update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/1979607?ref=backer_project_update

HA! Good Fun!

Sir Gromnir,

It was indeed hard for me to read your comment because I felt like I traveled back in time and was reading some rough draft footing from a young drunk Shakespeare. I have no reason to say so if I didn't feel it necessary to. What should I gain?

I think you missed the sarcasm. Clearly there is a language barrier between you and I. I didn't mean you were actually angered, it was a reference to something... well nevermind. You just reminded me of something. I don't really care if I make you proud or not, you're not my wife or my kids and quite frankly I don't know who you are as you clearly know nothing about me. I don't know, you seem somewhat offended if anything.

The fact of my original statement remains true. There are plenty of petty posts/commemts here on this forum or section of this forum as anywhere else. People here talk about other forums being cancer or what have you, the members of this forum sometimes think they are excluded from the rest of the internet. It's simply not true, everyone is guilty of the forum cancerous behavior. That's all I was trying to say. Not white knighting or defending anyone from other sections or forums.

Really, I sincerely apologize for the puns and such. I didn't know they would strike a nerve. When you talk to yourself in third person, I thought you were role playing and now I see that it may actually be how you talk in real life. Like I said, my English is terrible, and even with all my travels I've never met someone quite so entertaining as you... or at least that I can remember. I will say that I'm glad this forum has a Gromnir.

Goodnight young sir.

In other news,

Sonic Forces will have a base function!

is funny on a certain level.  1/2 posters saying they see nothing wrong with ______.  other half saying you gotta be blind to not see the wrong.  complete absence o' any middle ground where reasonable discussion can take place.  unintended hilarity ensues.

When you say they see nothing wrong with "blank" the blank in question is racism and sexism. They see nothing wrong with racism and sexism. What exactly is the middle ground between being racist and sexist and being against racism and sexism? Why should there be a middle ground? Is there anything at all redeemable about racism or sexism, or arguments in favor of either? What is the reasonable discussion that involves compromise to allow for racism and sexism?

Edited by Belle Sorciere

Don't be misleading. When you say they see nothing wrong with "blank" the blank in question is racism and sexism. They see nothing wrong with racism and sexism. What exactly is the middle ground between being racist and sexist and being against racism and sexism? Why should there be a middle ground? Is there anything at all redeemable about racism or sexism, or arguments in favor of either? What is the reasonable discussion that involves compromise to allow for racism and sexism?

am not thinking we need go viral with the thread in question.  better to keep the dumpster fire burning in one place rather than spreading it around the board.

seems sm117 is stuck in a loop.  repeat the claim o' misunderstanding.  repeat, "you seem somewhat offended," stuff.  only thing new were a non explanation o' a "reference to something"? 

okie dokie.

if sorciere genuine wants to discuss the aforementioned issue, repost below in the dumpster fire thread, and we will address tomorrow. am not being condescending.  honest.  is late. am tired. am gonna get 4 hours o' sleep. the mods will chastise if we spread the garbage o' a thread they already locked once.  why make their job tougher, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

When you say they see nothing wrong with "blank" the blank in question is racism and sexism. They see nothing wrong with racism and sexism. What exactly is the middle ground between being racist and sexist and being against racism and sexism? Why should there be a middle ground? Is there anything at all redeemable about racism or sexism, or arguments in favor of either? What is the reasonable discussion that involves compromise to allow for racism and sexism?

There are varying degrees: for example, some people see the -isms as being a fatal character flaw - the person is irredeemable and not worth interacting with anymore. Alternatively, you could possibly see it as a sad reflection on some of the current problems/differences in and between different parts of society and possibly its (sub)cultures. Instead of immediately cutting that person out of your life and/or treating them like trash because of their views, you could provide a different perspective while backing it up with some sort of reason that appeals to them...so that you might influence their own viewpoint - and if it doesn't do anything, well, you tried. There are also definitely varying "reasons" behind -isms: some fall into the "I have no applicable reasons for my beliefs, and nothing you say is going to change my mind", but a lot of others are more of the "I think there are legitimate issues here with (x)" that a lot of us could probably agree are definitely problems...while making very different conclusions about them, their causes, and the ways to resolve them. You'll probably have an easier time appealing to the latter group with reason than the former, right? Meanwhile, if you yourself remain reasonable, they'll probably have an easier time of being able to bridge the gap in differences of beliefs and respect your viewpoint even when it's contrary to theirs. It's pretty rare that ideologues of any kind are any good at providing a decent discussion - regardless of whether one side is reasonable in their initial assumptions or not.

...I have no idea if any of this is applicable to the thread, because as mentioned before, it is indeed a dumpster fire and I have no wish to go back in. :p Furthermore, I'm not really one of the "reasonable" types on the internet, but that's mainly because it almost always feels like a total waste of time...but that's more about my own lack of patience and virtue than anything else. I am a little better in real life with these sorts of things, and I'm sure the same probably goes for most people when dealing with people we personally know.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.