The Dice Roll Result Pop Up - option to turn off/delay please?

Isn't a big part of the excitement of dice rolling to see the dice stabilizing, check the numbers and then quickly add them together in your head through the use of years of field practice in the art of mathematics? And then... then you can go "YES!" or "%#WTF?!" depending on the outcome? Well, I think so :D

In this game you roll the dice and before you can even check what they rolled, a graphic with the neatly calculated result pops up and obscures the dice. Right away. Might as well have just clicked a button and a random number appeared. I feel that a layer of the gameplay (in a dice heavy game such as this, including buyable dice skins) has been... dulled... the way it operates now.  

There is an option in the Settings to turn of the % chance of succeeding at a dice roll, could there be an option to put a delay to the "dice result pop up" as well? You could click the arrow/next button to the right of the screen when you are ready and then the result would pop up and the game continues as usual?

• Like 2

I agree 100%. So often have I rolled with a 96% or higher chance of success and failing but because the result pops up, obscuring your dice and then your dice get swept away very quickly after that. It really doesn't leave you much time to recover from the shock of failing to allow you to take a snapshot.

• Like 1

I agree 100%. So often have I rolled with a 96% or higher chance of success and failing but because the result pops up, obscuring your dice and then your dice get swept away very quickly after that. It really doesn't leave you much time to recover from the shock of failing to allow you to take a snapshot.

Exactly! There's also been quite a few times where I've rolled the dice and thought that I made it (from the micro second look at the dice) and then a way lower number pops up and you go "Oh... maybe that was two 1's instead of two 7's... ? I don't know. Because the dice are gone". 

I found a year old post in another thread  where member Steelbeard basically suggests the same thing:

(3)  The dice are wonderful and fun.  However, they go by too fast.  After I roll them, I don't even get to see what I rolled before the total appears right on top of them.  This greatly lessens the fun.  The point of rolling (even virtual) dice is to see what I rolled.  If I can't, then there really isn't a point to rolling them.  As it stands now, you may as well just have a button that displays a random number.  That's not very fun.  So I'd love it if you'd implement a delay in there so that I could actually see what numbers come up on the dice before you jump in and total them up.  I know some people don't want any slowdown in the game because they want to race through it all to get to the result, so perhaps a UI option in settings to do this?  Or, at the very least, move the graphic that shows the total so that it doesn't obscure the numbers I rolled on the dice.

I think he explained it better than me :)

So, an option. Please.

How it plays out with this option:

1. Roll the dice

2. NEW!! Check the numbers "Yesss.... no wait... oh crap... no, that's a 7 plus 11 plus 3 and two 1's... yes! Hell yeah, I did it!!" while the "next" button to the right of the screen starts blinking.

3. NEW!! Click the blinking next button.

4. The result pops up, dice are swept away, cards are obliterated.

Edited by Santanika
  • Like 1