Various issues Deck 5 Scenario 2

Eumaios

Question

Device:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Model number SM-T810

Android 7.0

PFID:  2FF2C60C842D9B38

Full disclaimer:  I started this scenario while not logged into the network, so that might have something to do with it, although I thought the only problem while not connected was not getting gold when you do things like close locations.

I've had a variety of issues with Deck 5 (Sins of the Saviors) Scenario 2 (Rimeskull).  I'm playing on Legendary difficulty with a party that has only done Legendary, so I'm hoping I don't have to play a lower setting to get past the bug.  I played once with one bugged result and another three times with a different result that has been the same over all three different plays.  So, I've had a variety of wildcards, such as extra monster in each deck, banes +5 difficulty, all checks +3 difficulty, etc.  I don't think I've had one particular wildcard that was the same in each scenario, so I tend to think it's not a wildcard, but you never know.

My party consists of Ezren, Val, Lem, Miri, Harsk, and Lini.

First of all, when I close a location, my original character is automatically moved.  When he or she got to the new location, he or she could still act, use cards, etc.  However, none of it mattered and so the next person to go there faced the exact same card, even though that card was supposed to have resolved.  That happened the first time I played the scenario.  Subsequently, however, over the course of three games, when a character closes a location, he or she is automatically moved.  When I end that character's turn, the next character can play cards, use powers, etc. but cannot move to a different location.  as a result, I can't advance the story.  It's really weird.

Anyhow, as long as I can find a workaround, all is good.  Also, I've just now linked my steam and tablet versions, so I'm going to try it on desktop to see if that yields better results.  If I get through it that way, that's great.  I'm not on this forum much, but if I see any questions that will help resolve what might be an issue for other folks, I'll try my best to provide it.

EDIT:  accidently put Deck 4 instead of Deck 5.

Edited by Eumaios

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

5 answers to this question

Update:  I played the steam version after I linked the account.  I did not have the same problems again.  The scenario plays a little different than I remember.  I think you used to have to go through in a very strict order before and all your characters would get moved if you closed a location.  Whatever it was in the past, right now I didn't have the problem where I couldn't move characters.  I didn't try to replicate the first issue I cited above, but I'll try that next.  Since this is a work around, It'll probably be a while before I check this post again.

It is very important to how you move in that scenario in Legendary. You don't want to get stuck in location that has only closed locations around! You have to move so that there is always open location to move. Move spells Are Also very important. If one character is stuck in explored locations, use spells to move him.

No, it's a glitch, Hannibal_PJV, although your advice is solid.  The gale armor is also good for this strategy wise, but my problem is definitely a bug.

They fixed it so that you can move into closed locations now, so that bug, which is what I remembered from the past has been gone in my recent runes.  I just figured out what the problem is.  I'm going to continue to see if I can replicate it again, but it seems that if I have multiple people at a location and bury a spell to overcome the henchman stonehead trap, the other people can't move, even if there is a viable open area, in this latest case on both sides, to which the character should be able to move.  I'll get back if I can make it happen again.

EDIT:  Yeah, spell does it.  There seem to be general glitches in terms of rolling for the fortitude/constitution check.  When the players roll and click the green arrow appears, the Explore now/Forfeit Exploration buttons pop up.  It doesn't matter that much, although it does prevent casting spells, using powers or items, or moving.  The player must choose to explore or lose the first exploration.  Now that I know, I'll just finish the game without burying spells, but I'm going to keep plugging away at it.  Twice is chance.  If I can replicate it in the same way a few times and with multiple characters (although I've now done it with Ezren, Lem, and LIni), then it's pretty certain.  I'll give it a few more tries.

EDIT 2:  Nope.  I've just buried spells rather than fight/disable the stone head with two different starts, one with the entire party together and one with the party separated.  Both times, other characters could move.  It seems to be tied to the fortitude/constitution check at the beginning but I don't have more time to spend on it.  It happens intermittently, so I guess I'll just try to make it through the scenario.  Unless I have more information, I don't guess there's much more for me to say.

Edited by Eumaios
  • Like 1

Good info! There is quite a long time when I personally played this scenario in legendary. But the movement problems where there then and it sound that in some level even now. Legendary with scenario power etc can be pretty tricky from time to time... it was possible to win but some Luck was needed.

I've had several issues with deck 5 so far.  I resolved Rimeskull even though the weird issue where I'm automatically forced to move to a new location, use an ally to explore, face and resolve the card during exploration, end my turn, and the next character who enters the location pulls the exact same card because it stayed in the deck is still there.  ...And, no, it's not that there are two of the same card stacked.  The deck count never goes down.

However, I faced Mistress Delvahine and a random monster popped up.  It was a cultist.  I smote him and it acted as if I had explored and faced him.  Even though I pulled her, the Mistress Delvahine card disappeared after the cutscene with Harsk.  Too bad, since I was going to smite her and win that scenario.  Luckily, while I sometimes get nerd rage like, say, recently when I rolled all ones on two twelve and a small assortment of other sided dice.  When it comes to glitches, I'm pretty mellow.  I think Obsidian should have done a better job getting it out the door with fewer issues, but I was so impatient to play it I just don't care.  Great game anyway.