What means resetting my hand?

Hi,

I have an armor with the text "you may recharge this card when you reset your hand".

What does it mean?

This armor, I can either recharge it to reduce damage to 4, or bury it to reduce damage to 0 (as I'm proficient with heavy). But then how to read the last sentence of this card?

Thanks

Resetting your hand happens at the end of your turn and includes:
- Discarding cards if you are over your characters hand size

- Optionally discarding any number of cards from your hand
- Drawing cards to return you to your character's hand size

If you have a card that allows you to recharge it when you reset you hand, you may put it back into your characters deck instead of the discard pile at the end of your turn.  The game will force you to discard cards when you have too many, but you can chose to reset your hand by pressing the "Trash Can" button in the top-right instead of the big green arrow to end your turn.

Having Armor Proficiency grants the reset recharge power on many of the armor cards.  One thing I personally like that option for is situations where you draw a few armor cards and you know you are only want to hold on to one in your hand.  This way, you can cycle the "extra" armors back into your deck and hopefully draw some other cards that may be more useful.

Edited by Ethics Gradient

Ok I think I understand. Though the characters I have (merisiel and kyra) do not have a lot of armors, so not very useful.

So this power does not allow to get back a buried armor if we use the bury thing, but just allow us to recharge this card in the reset hand step?

Maybe other use would be if you have two armor, and other useful cards, and too many cards in hand, to recharge an armor instead of discarding something?

Thanks

Edited by harf4ng
  • Like 1

> So this power does not allow to get back a buried armor if we use the bury thing, but just allow us to recharge this card in the reset hand step?

Yes, that power on the card allows you to recharge it back to your deck.  The other benefit to armor proficiency, as you've mentioned, is that you can often bury cards to absorb damage instead of having to permanently banish it from your deck.  Those two powers aren't related.

> Maybe other use would be if you have two armor, and other useful cards, and too many cards in hand, to recharge an armor instead of discarding something?

Yup!  While it is occasionally a useful trick for some characters, with armor-heavy decks like Valeros or Seelah it is really helpful to "clean up" your hand if it has armors you know you won't need.

It sounds like you got the hang of it.  Good luck!

Ok I think I understand. Though the characters I have (merisiel and kyra) do not have a lot of armors, so not very useful.

So this power does not allow to get back a buried armor if we use the bury thing, but just allow us to recharge this card in the reset hand step?

Maybe other use would be if you have two armor, and other useful cards, and too many cards in hand, to recharge an armor instead of discarding something?

Thanks

I also use discarding cards when resetting hands for other strategic reasons. (sorry not directly related to armor recharging)

Let's say I discovered the villain and know where it is. I have 7 blessings left (turns) in the blessings deck. I can then maximize the characters I have by rotating through everyone without exploring any locations and just discarding cards and redrawing trying to get better aid cards or better weapons or whatever for the char I'm going to use to fight the villain.

Say, if I have Valeros, Merisiel, Lini, and Ezren. Valeros has one weapon, but I know he has more available in his deck. And I know Merisiel and Lini have blessings in their decks as well as Ezren has a couple items and spells that can help in the battle. I can cycle one time through all the characters and dump cards from their hands I know won't be useful for the upcoming fight to try to get more blessings in hands or more helpful cards. Maybe Merisiel has two bows I could use to add damage from another location. I can use the discard option during the hand reset to try to maximize hands to boost my chances of winning the Villain battle.  You don't have to explore on your turn, you can go directly to the "trash can" and start dumping cards and end your turn (draw back up). 

Just be careful you don't dump more cards than you can draw up. :)

Edited by hfm
  • Like 1