I have read a guide on how to make a char for the triple crown solo.

One point was that you should respec often, depending on the challenges ahead. For example if you need to sneak past enemies, you need to disarm traps or you need survival for a special bonus.

Did anybody finish the game solo without respecing, on PotD or something else?

I have not but In the early days of the game people had guides on it and respecing was not available at the time.  That being said with the expansions and the AI update its a different game.  Granted the AI update is not a big deal to solo guys as it just changed the behavior of enemies like Monks, Barbarians, and rogues to go after squishies instead of dog piling the tank.

Have gun will travel.

I just hate solo the love of the game for me is making a great synergy for the party and watching the glory that is the chunks of meat of my enemies because of that synergy :p

• Like 2

Have gun will travel.

I am currently trying a TCS run with a non min-maxed Moon God-Like Goldpact Pally. Just ended Chapter II, now starting the WM. I do not plan to respec, it would the experience for me. I have never finished a TCS run, but I am positive I can.

Next I will try a Rogue. Not sure about how I will accomplish a TCS with him....

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I did a solo barb run on PoTD without retraining. Not ToI though... 

During an ultimate attempt I retrained once but it would also have been possible without. I died at lvl 16 during a non-boss fight, so... :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I did a solo barb run on PoTD without retraining. Not ToI though...

During an ultimate attempt I retrained once but it would also have been possible without. I died at lvl 16 during a non-boss fight, so... :)

Been there on ToI man :(

Have gun will travel.

if you take out ToI... i finished the game with a naked solo chanter POTD without respeccing - it was fun, it was frustrating, however - there are very few fights that make it hard for a ToI run if you know all the tricks

i finished my TCS run with chanter before respeccing was implemented

i think i will respecc if i try my ultimate run, but i didn't play POE in a few month, i had hope they would fix a few more bugs (if i cant make dragon thrashed deal more damage with anything but might, i will go for a summoner. Ff the "no more wounds bug" for monk isn't fixed with the soulbound armor... i dont wanna use him for a run) outside of "ultimate" the game is easy enough that you dont need max healing multiplier etc etc... you can simply go the mechanics route, but ultimate... some fights are hard for my normal build

Edited by Reent

It's possible to get The Ultimate without retraining, and I don't see more than a few use-cases for retraining during a solo run - but if retraining 1-2 times, you can benefit from redistributing skills once you no longer need Stealth, for example, or to reduce RES for the last fights.

• 2 weeks later...

I think most people soloed the game without respeccing, since that feature came out way after release.

I respecced on my 3rd solo it was not available before and the only reason I even went for a 3rd was because White March offered all these shiny new talents/abilities and items.

But I have to agree with Torm51 the whole beauty of PoE lies in party synergies.

I've been playing a lot of Baldur's gate lately and that game is the exact opposite.

Soloing is a lot of fun, but parties do not really have synergy above being able to combine different class skills that a solo char might not have all at once.

An ideal player created party in BG will always be made up of 6 solo chars, like for example 6x Thief/Mage with Mislead and Black Blade of Disaster BS cheese.

In PoE you can do stuff like having a tank chanter who gets proned by a priest while wearing an item with +50 defense while prone (and still keeps chanting) and add a cipher who transfers this defense to the whole party with mindweb.

Even the infamous 6 chanters have more synergy than a BG (or Tyranny for that matter :p) party will ever have, because while they are all about defense and raw damage which is a pretty similar principle to power in other games, they can deliver that damage in a very unique way by stacking dragon chants with each other, something only this specific party composition achieves, while 6 paladins stacking SI do not even come close to the effect since SI does not even stack the same way chants do, the damage just adds up, since it's not a DoT.top.png

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1