Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's on the idiot box?

• Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4938 posts

Old thread here.

Last few posts:

Hmm.  And for the latest teasers from ComicCon..

It is the 20th anniversary of Stargate: SG-1, and MGM had a surprise for fans of the show at SDCC–they are working on a brand new series starring the daughter of the archaeologist who unearthed the first of Earth’s Stargates, young Catherine Langford.

Fans of the show recall that little Catherine was on the site of the archaeological dig where her father found the gate, and she remained its guardian over the years as various groups decided what to do with it. But it turns out that Catherine had a few secret adventures of her own….

Of course, there will have to be an explanation as to how the gate became viable back then without the help of Daniel Jackson’s translation and a DHD, but that’s a problem for the show to unravel in earnest. And the idea of Catherine Langford having her own Stargate adventure is pretty neat. According to the information released at SDCC, Catherine must “go on an adventure in order to save the Earth from terrifying darkness.”

Stargate Origins will be be offered via a dedicated MGM streaming service called Stargate Command, a brand new platform set to showcase all Stargate-related content, including behind-the-scenes material. Official word from Kevin Conroy, president of digital platforms at MGM, brings more information:

Stargate Command will be available as a streaming service starting this fall. Stargate Origins is set to be a ten-episode series, written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry and directed by Mercedes Bryce Morgan. No word yet on who will be playing Catherine Langford, or what over-arching plot of the show will entail.

“We’ve been eager to revisit the ‘Stargate’ franchise, and create an all-new story that honors the founding mythos and gives loyal fans more mystery and adventure. We view ‘Stargate Origins’ as a thank you to fans who have been keeping the spirit of the franchise alive for nearly 25 years. With the increasing popularity of digitally native content that can be streamed to any device, MGM is committed to the production of premium linear mid-form content and are proud to launch with ‘Stargate Origins.’”

This sounds dumb as hell, imo. I don't mind them making a new spin-off tv show, but this reads like a real crap idea that is forced to contradict established lore.

Looking good!

Hmm.  And for the latest teasers from ComicCon..

It is the 20th anniversary of Stargate: SG-1, and MGM had a surprise for fans of the show at SDCC–they are working on a brand new series starring the daughter of the archaeologist who unearthed the first of Earth’s Stargates, young Catherine Langford.

Fans of the show recall that little Catherine was on the site of the archaeological dig where her father found the gate, and she remained its guardian over the years as various groups decided what to do with it. But it turns out that Catherine had a few secret adventures of her own….

Of course, there will have to be an explanation as to how the gate became viable back then without the help of Daniel Jackson’s translation and a DHD, but that’s a problem for the show to unravel in earnest. And the idea of Catherine Langford having her own Stargate adventure is pretty neat. According to the information released at SDCC, Catherine must “go on an adventure in order to save the Earth from terrifying darkness.”

Stargate Origins will be be offered via a dedicated MGM streaming service called Stargate Command, a brand new platform set to showcase all Stargate-related content, including behind-the-scenes material. Official word from Kevin Conroy, president of digital platforms at MGM, brings more information:

Stargate Command will be available as a streaming service starting this fall. Stargate Origins is set to be a ten-episode series, written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry and directed by Mercedes Bryce Morgan. No word yet on who will be playing Catherine Langford, or what over-arching plot of the show will entail.

“We’ve been eager to revisit the ‘Stargate’ franchise, and create an all-new story that honors the founding mythos and gives loyal fans more mystery and adventure. We view ‘Stargate Origins’ as a thank you to fans who have been keeping the spirit of the franchise alive for nearly 25 years. With the increasing popularity of digitally native content that can be streamed to any device, MGM is committed to the production of premium linear mid-form content and are proud to launch with ‘Stargate Origins.’”

This sounds dumb as hell, imo. I don't mind them making a new spin-off tv show, but this reads like a real crap idea that is forced to contradict established lore.

Looking good!

• Briazcib, usappivy, agogSweabd8 and 6 others like this

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3246 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

And of course, for the long wait..

• BruceVC likes this

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4531 posts

Originally they were going to go with an all new cast and concept for stranger things season 2, but they brought back the kids because of popular demand. Pretty cool.

Westworld... eeeeeeehh.. I'm tired of long convoluted plots. 

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4531 posts

Also, Dragons Lair.

wtf am I that old, was I them ?

• Rosbjerg likes this

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 3246 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

And looks like Downton Abbey won't be able to use the railway station for the season...  

BBC - Downton Abbey railway carriages ruined by vandals

Sounds like a bunch of idiots smashed up all the windows on the heritage carriages, then decided to set off all fire extinguishers to ruin the furniture and wall fittings inside them.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4531 posts

Also, Dragons Lair.

wtf am I that old, was I them ?

There is a Bush-Reagan poster in the background, which would have made me the annoying little brother they were forced to drag everywhere. 

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16970 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

GOT S7E2: Wow. That battle scene to end the episode had to be the most embarrassing one. Build up the Sand Snakes for this? I mena it is clear the show didn't know what to do with that entire plotline. EMBARASSING for all involved. I guess Euron as the Big Bad Plot Armour now? LMAO

The rest of the episode ranged from okay to good but that scene was beyond FUBAR.

Edited by Volourn, 23 July 2017 - 06:33 PM.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

GOT S7E2: Wow. That battle scene to end the episode had to be the most embarrassing one. Build up the Sand Snakes for this? I mena it is clear the show didn't know what to do with that entire plotline. EMBARASSING for all involved. I guess Euron as the Big Bad Plot Armour now? LMAO

The rest of the episode ranged from okay to good but that scene was beyond FUBAR.

So ends the whole Dorne thing which is important and interesting in the books but a total throwaway in the TV show.

On another note it was awfully nice of Nymeria to save the CGI budget by opting not to follow Arya. I guess even if she did she would be hanging out with Ghost (remember him?) wherever the hell he's been since the third episode of last season. The direwolves were another important thing from the book and a throwaway on the TV show. 

Speaking of the CGI budget I wonder where the dragons got off to? Air support might have been a big help when sailing blind in waters you have no intelligence on. Just a thought.

Prediction: next week Theon gets picked up by a bearded and skinny Gendry still rowing in circles trying for find Kings Landing after 3 years.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 3246 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So for the utterly random thought from someone who gave up on the books and has only skimmed the tv show, what are the odds that Daenerys and Jon Snow end up together to unite the 7 Kingdoms, and use dragon fire to help defeat certain wintery beings?

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts

So for the utterly random thought from someone who gave up on the books and has only skimmed the tv show, what are the odds that Daenerys and Jon Snow end up together to unite the 7 Kingdoms, and use dragon fire to help defeat certain wintery beings?

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

Ramsay Snow

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 3246 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

Ramsay Snow

I never said that would end happily.. ;)

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts

Actually Jon is related to everyone the fans want to see him matched up with so even if it happens there is an ick factor to it.

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4525 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Okay to good? Okay to good?! Naked Missandei was nothing less than glorious!!1
  • Volourn, Oerwinde, Guard Dog and 1 other like this

majestic

majestic

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Actually Jon is related to everyone the fans want to see him matched up with so even if it happens there is an ick factor to it.

Well that's never stopped the Targaryens before (or any other royalty in the history of ever).

Spoiler

algroth

algroth

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 608 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Spoiler

Edited by algroth, 24 July 2017 - 11:16 AM.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16970 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

It is Nymeria. What Arya means that  she has changed since they last saw each other 9way back in S1). So, Nymeria going back to Winterfell with Arya doesn't make sense. The parallel is now Arya has to decide if going back home to WF is the best thing for her or decide if she's (Arya) has changed too much to go back home.

majestic

majestic

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

probably in no small part thanks to Jim Broadbent

There's something wrong with my brain. Every time I see Sam and Archmaester Marwyn I keep wondering when Marwyn invites him to the Slug Marv Club or yelling "Samwell! I must insist you accompany me back to the castle citadel immediately!" if he finds him with Gilly or someplace he's not supposed to be.

That applies to most Harry Potter actors though. When Dumbledore showed up in one of Doctor Who's christmas specials I kept being weirded out through the entire episode.

algroth

algroth

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 608 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

probably in no small part thanks to Jim Broadbent

There's something wrong with my brain. Every time I see Sam and Archmaester Marwyn I keep wondering when Marwyn invites him to the Slug Marv Club or yelling "Samwell! I must insist you accompany me back to the castle citadel immediately!" if he finds him with Gilly or someplace he's not supposed to be.

That applies to most Harry Potter actors though. When Dumbledore showed up in one of Doctor Who's christmas specials I kept being weirded out through the entire episode.

I'm curious as to your reaction of Gambon in The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover. :p

Edited by algroth, 24 July 2017 - 12:11 PM.

• Raithe likes this

majestic

majestic

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hm, I might really just watch that to see. Heh. :)

• algroth likes this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8910 posts

"GOT S7E2: Wow. That battle scene to end the episode had to be the most embarrassing one. Build up the Sand Snakes for this? I mena it is clear the show didn't know what to do with that entire plotline. EMBARASSING for all involved. I guess Euron as the Big Bad Plot Armour now? LMAO"

can't wait for the Mountain dungeon scenes next week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users