Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear

Rosbjerg

it feels like USA is on the verge of a civil war.

while it threatens to engage in a nuclear war.

while it threatens to engage in a conventional war

while it is currently fighting like 3 or 4 wars all over the world

could the time when we all play fallout for real be coming?

one can only hope

Meh, in terms of fighting the most wars, the U.S. is still playing catch up to Great Britain. :p

simultaneous wars?

Mmm, I think GB has us beat there too. Anyway, the scope is probably more important than the total number of wars. :)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Well even I was against Obama's quick responses to violence (blaming the police for example when it wasn't) before time to gather what happened. I'm even against Trump's bizarre and ignorant tweets about current events

Should I hold against him when he finally restrains himself and gives us enough time to (at least in appearance) to gather and receive info before he speaks? This is ****ing progress! Lol. I mean he condemned the ones doing it, has the media made us become so jaded against him we gonna when he does something right?

What about people that don't listen to yoy, don't want to listen to you, yet they use threats abd violence to nor allow people who want to?

Like the tiki torch wielding Sturmabteilung/Hitler-Youth wantabies on Friday night? =]

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

it feels like USA is on the verge of a civil war.

while it threatens to engage in a nuclear war.

while it threatens to engage in a conventional war

while it is currently fighting like 3 or 4 wars all over the world

could the time when we all play fallout for real be coming?

one can only hope

Meh, in terms of fighting the most wars, the U.S. is still playing catch up to Great Britain. :p

simultaneous wars?

Mmm, I think GB has us beat there too. Anyway, the scope is probably more important than the total number of wars. :)

It includes the 'Cod Wars', which were as much of a war as two sports teams going at each other.

A woman had just been killed and he said 'violence on many sides' like the Nazis and the counter protesters were somehow the same.

Plus the Nazis started the violence the night before when they attacked a group of students who were standing in front of UVA in protest of white supremacy and racism.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yeah, but they littered, should at least clean that up after

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What about people that don't listen to yoy, don't want to listen to you, yet they use threats abd violence to nor allow people who want to?

Like the tiki torch wielding Sturmabteilung/Hitler-Youth wantabies on Friday night? =]

Do you also need a special class in meaning of words?

No, but I think you might.

Here let me spell it out for you:

YOUR PRECIOUS NAZI ****S STARTED THE VIOLENCE AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE THAT FACT. WHEN FACED WITH COMPLETELY PEACEFUL AND UNARMED PEOPLE THOSE RACIST ****S DECIDED TO ATTACK THEM WITH TORCHES WHILE YELLING NAZI PHRASES.

I don't know about you, since you seem to have some really unique notions, but that seems like violence intended to intimidate people into silence to me - and that's what the Nazis and the KKK and the Alt-Right and all the other **** decided to open with. Preemptive violence intended to strike fear into those who would oppose them.

-Hurlshot

The Counter-Protesters actually helped with that on Sunday and today...

Almost like it's our town and we actually give a damn about it or something.

• Like 3

-Hurlshot

The Counter-Protesters actually helped with that on Sunday and today...

Almost like it's our town and we actually give a damn about it or something.

Very apt avatar.

• Like 1

I'm afraid and worried, it's going to get worse isn't it?

Unless the Country as a whole unites to decry this as abhorrent and unacceptable and actively tries to resist, instead of just playing lip service, then it is going to get worse.

-Hurlshot

I'm afraid and worried, it's going to get worse isn't it?

Unless the Country as a whole unites to decry this as abhorrent and unacceptable and actively tries to resist, instead of just playing lip service, then it is going to get worse.

It's definetly not over yet, that's for sure, and you can probably count on Trump potentially making things worse. Like what if something bigger happens that absolutely cannot be blamed on the counter-protestors or contorting his way out of it?

While awesome, it does bring up the question of "Why didn't they (GoDaddy and Google included) do it earlier?" if they don't want to support white supremacy and neonazis.

Not saying that the companies are bad, it's just a "Why now and not earlier?" question. Obviously the answer would be money, but it's more a pattern of enforcement.

The US gov. has undercover plants in many hate groups. If Google can host something and pretend like it's turning a blind eye. Then they can silently keep tabs on the groups.

Leftists love to take the cynical "Google = alt-right, Google = Greed" but I think it's far more nuanced. Also Google doesn't know half of what it's hosting until something becomes a household name, and when something is audited, silencing something unprompted can often back fire. Surely open hatred should merit prompting but unfortunately it doesn't... so I think the way they go about it already the best charted way.

What the? When I posted my previous post, it was at the bottom of page 27, edited it, left, came back, and now it's at the top of page 28. Don't know if this is a sign of the thread going wonky or if it's normal.

It's because of me or others that are on moderation. Our posts don't show up until mod approves them and they show up in place where we made them instead of at bottom.

Oh I see. Thought the thread was bugging out and I know you guys make new politics threads occasionally because the thread bugged out.

Alternatively, if you posted a quick reply (...which is what almost everyone does these days, I think) after somebody else posted, it would show that it's at the bottom of the current page...even if it's actually at the top of the next page: it won't move until you refresh/re-enter the thread, I am pretty sure. However, since you were replying to Katphood (the last post on that previous page), then I think unless you just happened to hit the "new post" button that sometimes pops up when there's a new post, that probably wasn't the case. Basically, it seems like under certain circumstances, it locally (i.e. on your side) thinks it should make the cut for that page, and shows it there...but it actually isn't.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Do you suppose PC correctness and the tolerance meme have become this generation's McCarthyism? It's starting to feel that way. There's a definite witch hunt element to it.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

VnPeaog.jpg

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Awww... Poor David Duke got his feelings hurt because Trump said a mean thing. :lol:

I wonder if he'll keep trying to fulfill Trump's promises now... Hopefully not but I doubt that he'll stay mad at his beloved Trump for long. :shrugz:

-Hurlshot