Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear

Rosbjerg

"Good Lord, the President need to point out with his finger to the intellectual deficient left the meaning of "every".
Like the teacher in special class. This is red color, yest and that is to Brian, yes Kevin this is the same color, bravo..."

But Charlottesville sad!

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

And I was kind of making a joke with the Iranian government propoganda thing, which was probably unwarranted.

Our so called government is a joke so no, not in the least bit, sir.

EDIT: Good lord!!!! He finally said it: https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAq2K0X?m=en-us

I mean, that article is somehow strange, in one part it mention that he condemn violence and racism, in second part they cry out that he just dont rule out white racism only?

Does not compute

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

At least Trump condemned the groups....can someone provide me a link where Obama condemned the violence from BLM? Otherwise, that is one up for him.

It really does feel like a civil war is gonna happen, feels that way for some time. Question is, who would win? We wouldn't, we got to much on our plate.

• Like 1

At least Trump condemned the groups....can someone provide me a link where Obama condemned the violence from BLM? Otherwise, that is one up for him.

It really does feel like a civil war is gonna happen, feels that way for some time. Question is, who would win? We wouldn't, we got to much on our plate.

Violence in general, yeah, but I don't recall him condemning BLM violence specifically by name.

re:civil war: It hasn't gotten to the levels that we saw in the 60's and 70's, and we didn't devolve into a civil war then. Wouldn't be able to count on the likes of Kennedy and LBJ to calm things down though.

It does feel like that it's only going to get worse from here.

Like  cake bakers being fined/imprisoned because they don't bake cakes for certain people? L0L

Sad thing is some people like to have eat worth both ways only when it works for them. And, 'both sides' are often guilty of this.

P.S. Right to freedom of speech isn't just about 'freedom from gov't interverence'.  Anyone who thinks that is an idiot.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Jeez, now they are saying he "slow walked" ...

And all of this because some news sources simply want to make money, not that they care for any of the groups involved in the violence in Charlotte's Vile.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

And all of this because some news sources simply want to make money, not that they care for any of the groups involved in the violence in Charlotte's Vile.

It wasn't just the media that condemned his initial response, it was a heavy bipartisan response to it. Heck, his daughter responded in a way that was more sppropriate. As for the slow walk part, putting that in the title is certainly milking a little, but the fact is that he took over two days to come up with a better response.

It wasn't just the media that condemned his initial response, it was a heavy bipartisan response to it. Heck, his daughter responded in a way that was more sppropriate. As for the slow walk part, putting that in the title is certainly milking a little, but the fact is that he took over two days to come up with a better response.

The thing with Trump is that he is fully aware that anyone who is a democrat probably hates him, not to mention people who think it's just cool to make fun of him. In conclusion, he can't really afford it to pi** off his own supporters. This whole "slow walk" thing was the only thing he could do and he did a very smart job at holding his own ground.

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Being stubborn and holding his ground is definetly something he does when he wants to and can be pretty dang stubborn while doing it, and is known for it.

I imagine that the white supremacists who do make up his base would be a pretty tiny slice and wouldn't matter much in an election, but when he doubles down, he REALLY doubles down.

Edited by smjjames

What the? When I posted my previous post, it was at the bottom of page 27, edited it, left, came back, and now it's at the top of page 28. Don't know if this is a sign of the thread going wonky or if it's normal.

Edited by smjjames

Being stubborn and holding his ground is definetly something he does when he wants to and can be pretty dang stubborn while doing it, and is known for it.

I imagine that the white supremacists who do make up his base would be a pretty tiny slice and wouldn't matter much in an election, but when he doubles down, he REALLY doubles down.

Yeah, he lost both the democrats and the majority of the republicans that way. I am wondering if people will actually vote for him during the next election. That would be crazy! 

Edited by Katphood

Yeah, he lost both the democrats and the majority of the republicans that way. I am wondering if people will actually vote for him during the next election. That would be crazy!

Have you ever been to America? He'll probably end up spanking Zuckerberg or whatever neoliberal the dems push out on 2020.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

seems like in US you forget that you should not vote just party but rather idea and person which represent that...

seems like in US you forget that you should not vote just party but rather idea and person which represent that...

The Democrats and Republicans are both 'big tent' parties and are supposed to accommodate a whole range of ideas and not a specific platform as European parties usually do. They're called parties, yes, but they aren't 'parties' in the European sense.

• Like 1

The Democrats and Republicans are both 'big tent' parties and are supposed to accommodate a whole range of ideas and not a specific platform as European parties usually do. They're called parties, yes, but they aren't 'parties' in the European sense.

Well put. The same could be said of the other political parties in the US, even though they are much smaller than D & R. There are few single issue parties here.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On the incident in France mentioned earlier, it appears to be an attempt at suicide by cop (in France? heh), mental illness possibly involved. Not a huge lot of information off of there atm.

Also, apparently US spy sats are seeing mobile launcher activity in NK. Might not mean anything on it's own, but given the tense times, something to keep an eye on.

edit: Now Chilloutman's post is at the top of the page rather than on the previous page. *shrug*

Edited by smjjames

well could be, than again that guy really don't know how car accidents works, given it was policemen....

What the? When I posted my previous post, it was at the bottom of page 27, edited it, left, came back, and now it's at the top of page 28. Don't know if this is a sign of the thread going wonky or if it's normal.

It's because of me or others that are on moderation. Our posts don't show up until mod approves them and they show up in place where we made them instead of at bottom.

Oh I see. Thought the thread was bugging out and I know you guys make new politics threads occasionally because the thread bugged out.

Yeah after days of people telling the boy to do it. Wonder why he felt he had to be so fair when he could just lay into Neo Nazis and KKK trash, who is going to feel aggrieved by him slamming them. Big shock you're playing it that way though, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah after days of people telling the boy to do it. Wonder why he felt he had to be so fair when he could just lay into Neo Nazis and KKK trash, who is going to feel aggrieved by him slamming them. Big shock you're playing it that way though, heh.

bud didn't he attacked them? I mean Neo Nazis and KKK are basically synonym for racism?

Yeah but can do it by name (he is so focused on using the right names for things, right?) and there's no fuss as it's right after one of them killed someone.

Just an odd calculation on his part.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

bud didn't he attacked them? I mean Neo Nazis and KKK are basically synonym for racism?

Yeah, but he didn't call them out by name and the "on many sides" bit didn't help either.

As for who is going to feel aggrieved, the tiny slice that comprises that part of his base and he ALWAYS panders to the whole of his base. Basically, he's stuck in campaign mode.