Board Game Geek - Rise of the Goblins - Released next week ?

Hey

There is a post on Bord Game Geek regarding the Rise of the Goblins update:

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/67416/app-news-new-pathfinder-content-coming-next-week-a

In the post they make the following statement:

' it's coming to Pathfinder next week.'

I re-checked the blog post:

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/8/entry-204-pathfinder-adventures-rise-of-the-goblins

but, could not find any mention of a release date.

Certainly good news if true.

Edit:  My apoligies I should have dug a little deeper. This tweet from Obsidian makes it all clear:

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/888444800755572738

Thanks

Edited by Dunesparrow
  • Like 2

Surpriced? ;)

Maybe thei did find one too Many bugs and delay the release to the next week. The dev did say last time that They try to avoid release just before the weekend because They can not react the bugs so well. So if the release goes to the end of the week it is better to delay to the Beginning of the next week.

But soon tm will be used in all these releases. Better delay than release something that can cause very big problems without the ability to react to those problems.

Yes They did. So something bad has happened and most likely bugs... Hopefully They Are just Little Late and just a Little bit carefull with the release. If They release it today, nothing can be done Until next week to Remedy if something goes wrong.

If there Are big bugs, then the release is "when it is ready" and not soon tm as I hope.

Really interested in getting new content!

Next week is almost over....no sign of the update.

Friday updates are such a regular event with this app, that it is practically tradition to drop a big patch before the weekend.

Assuming that's still the plan, the Goblins update is probably circulating in the hands of a few review sites, and official or unofficial news will break through late morning, California time.

If plans have slipped a little, I know I'm fine with that (opinions may understandably vary).  Keeping on schedule is one metric for success, but so is sorting out issues before players are forced to deal with them.  The QA phase of any development cycle rarely gets the love it deserves.

Next week is almost over....no sign of the update.

If plans have slipped a little, I know I'm fine with that (opinions may understandably vary).  Keeping on schedule is one metric for success, but so is sorting out issues before players are forced to deal with them.  The QA phase of any development cycle rarely gets the love it deserves.

I work in IT, so I'm aware plans slip. All that is required is communication, a simple one line tweet or a forum update.

It LOOKS like this is available in steam as DLC for the obsidian edition, but I am in the Ambassador program and I was assuming this scenario was coming to us gratis when released so I guess it's not out yet. (Should I be worried that it looks like I don't own the obsidian edition DLC?). I followed the instructions for that program when it came out and the key I have in my account  looks like it's just a 10% discount basically says I already own the game, but the DLC itself isn't in my inventory.

I am assuming it's just going to appear in my game when it's finally released?

I am assuming it's just going to appear in my game when it's finally released?

Very likely.  The game will also require an update to make the new content work, so it probably will appear in your steam DLC at the same time 1.2.6.5 (?) goes live.

The Obsidian Edition DLC pack that arrived on steam last week is just there for people who got the base edition to upgrade.