Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Suggestion] Auto-Pause on Idle

auto-pause gameplay suggestions combat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PrimeHydra

PrimeHydra

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Working my way through a tactical battle in the first game, and I noticed something: The auto-pause options in PoE I don't cover every situation where characters are twiddling their thumbs. For instance, when you're done quaffing a potion.

Rather than set lots of options for specific things that tend to leave your character idle, why not auto-pause on the idle state itself?  As soon as your character has the [...] over their heads, auto-pause. Then I can rest assured Aloth isn't lollygagging after nipping from his purple flask. It also covers "xaurip gibbed" and "finished moving out of the way of a flaming dragon belch".

Edited by PrimeHydra, 08 July 2017 - 10:43 AM.

• JFutral, kierun, injurai and 1 other like this

tid242

tid242

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Working my way through a tactical battle in the first game, and I noticed something: The auto-pause options in PoE I don't cover every situation where characters are twiddling their thumbs. For instance, when you're done quaffing a potion.

Rather than set lots of options for specific things that tend to leave your character idle, why not auto-pause on the idle state itself?  As soon as your character has the [...] over their heads, auto-pause. Then I can rest assured Aloth isn't lollygagging after nipping from his purple flask. It would also cover the bases of "xaurip gibbed" and "finished moving out of the way of a flaming dragon belch".

This is a great idea, actually!

Like a "pause when game is idle for X minutes" slider-option.  I would always have it pause after it's been sitting for 5 mins myself..

cheers

injurai

injurai

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 762 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I've been wanting this as well. I hit chip at my space bar far too often.

Another Idea that I want is action queuing, which I talked about in another thread.

PrimeHydra

PrimeHydra

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 319 posts

I've been wanting this as well. I hit chip at my space bar far too often.

Another Idea that I want is action queuing, which I talked about in another thread.

Action queuing could use better feedback for sure. Although we can queue actions with Shift + click, there's no indication of what's in the queue. A little row of queued action icons would be nice, with the ability to remove or reorder them.

wolfstriked

wolfstriked

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Why is this not in for POE1? It would be perfect if it paused when idle and chose the character that was now idle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auto-pause, gameplay, suggestions, combat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users