Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Politics Episode 8: WWF Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
575 replies to this topic

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10450 posts
Start of Old Thread
End of Old Thread

Who needs Barnum and Bailey when you've got Trump?
  • Azdeus, agogSweab5i, EnsussyCodo and 2 others like this

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16966 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Weren't there videos of this nature showing various people/celebs beating up Trump?

Also, the same people who whine about Trump's 'sexism (ignmoring the fact the guy  acts like a douche to anyone be they male or female who opposes him) are also often the same ones who have no problem calling the  Trump women a whole host of nasty  sexist things from **** to prostitute, et al.  Hypocrites. L0L

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3576 posts

Weren't there videos of this nature showing various people/celebs beating up Trump?

Also, the same people who whine about Trump's 'sexism (ignmoring the fact the guy  acts like a douche to anyone be they male or female who opposes him) are also often the same ones who have no problem calling the  Trump women a whole host of nasty  sexist things from **** to prostitute, et al.  Hypocrites. L0L

Vol, you have complained enough about gender disparity to know that affronts against women are considered particularly heinous for obvious non patriarchal reasons (feminists aren't going to ruin a good thing...a good thing for them that is.)

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2386 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk
Yeah, apparently insulting a woman is worse than a eugenics progr- I mean healthcare act.
  • Androoh, Malcador, Raithe and 2 others like this

Sharp_one

Sharp_one

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 713 posts

Yeah, apparently insulting a woman is worse than a eugenics progr- I mean healthcare act.

Shouldn't you support eugenics programs sinve you're from Netherlands?

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2386 posts
I don't represent my country. I'm not asking you to take responsibility for all the illegal Poles causing problems in my country either, I know that's not you.

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't represent my country. I'm not asking you to take responsibility for all the illegal Poles causing problems in my country either, I know that's not you.

Do you?
  • Malcador, Azdeus and Namutree like this

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

Do you?

True, there's no way of knowing, and he did say he had his own company. Who's not to say that he exports workers?

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Start of Old Thread
End of Old Thread

Who needs Barnum and Bailey when you've got Trump?

Somewhat offtopic, how come you guys start a new thread at some arbritrary length? Just wondering here.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8607 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

I believe it has something to do with extremely long threads causing problems with the forum software. 

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

20 pages isn't 'extremely long', 100 pages would be, but okay.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3242 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It normally happens between 20-40 pages. Depending on just how busy things get and how vitriolic the posts are being.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3242 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

18342446_612486788956014_774121025807257

• Guard Dog and Azdeus like this

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3576 posts

I keep hearing things about the Poles that make me think they're the Mexicans of Europe.

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2386 posts
While I don't use it, Mexico of Europe is a nickname I've heard. I doubt that's accurate, people like their hyperbole.

It normally happens between 20-40 pages. Depending on just how busy things get and how vitriolic the posts are being.

Yeah, technically our point is 25 pages. It makes things more manageble and can calm heated arguments or flame wars, but also prevents the forum code from going haywire. It's not as bad as it used to be but 30-40 page threads still have the tendency to **** up the formatting.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2502 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I always thought it was thread post count rather than number of pages.

Learn something new everyday
  • TrueNeutral likes this

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2386 posts
25 pages/500 posts. Potato potahto. We don't keep to it exactly anymore so it doesn't matter. Apparently it was more strict before, but before my time.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Oh my God. I have something positive to say about Lyndon Johnson now. Well, actually there were a few positive things about him. Not many, but a few.

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6375 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Oh my God. I have something positive to say about Lyndon Johnson now. Well, actually there were a few positive things about him. Not many, but a few.

There's one gigantically positive thing, though, and I'm not talking about his manhood.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

There's one gigantically positive thing, though, and I'm not talking about his manhood.

I presume you are referring to the Civil  Rights Act. I'd  agree with you there. You know the ironic thing? That was Kennedy's baby, but he did not have the influence with Congress to push it through. Johnson did. The combination of Johnson's pushing and sympathy for Kennedy made all the difference. Had Kennedy not died it may never have passed. Or might not have been as far reaching if it did.

Every cloud does have a silver lining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users