Full Attack Abilities Striking Twice?

I noticed something in the E3 video Adam narrated in the last update that, if true, I strongly support. 

It looked as though Full Attack abilities hit twice. Specifically, Barbaric Blow struck twice when the PC had the Exceptional Poleaxe equipped, just like they did while dual wielding. 

Anyone feel like double checking other characters too, maybe Éder with his single sabre? 

If this is indeed the case, I greatly welcome it. Feels as though it'd bring a bit more parity of weapon styles to the table, especially for classes like the Barbarian, Monk, and Rogue. 

• Like 1

I noticed it with the help of: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93022-update-36-deep-diving-into-the-e3-video/?p=1921145

I wouldn't leap to "all striking abilities hits twice" from this but any special attack animation for appropriate abilities is welcome if the animations aren't too long. 

And Eder has basically two striking animations regardless of abilities as far as I can see; one is like "hammering in a stake", the other is backhanded strike. Would be nice f.i. a kick animation for knockdown attack.

ps: I liked barbaric blow's poleaxe animation better than the dual wield one.

• Like 1

I noticed something in the E3 video Adam narrated in the last update that, if true, I strongly support. 

It looked as though Full Attack abilities hit twice. Specifically, Barbaric Blow struck twice when the PC had the Exceptional Poleaxe equipped, just like they did while dual wielding. 

Anyone feel like double checking other characters too, maybe Éder with his single sabre? 

If this is indeed the case, I greatly welcome it. Feels as though it'd bring a bit more parity of weapon styles to the table, especially for classes like the Barbarian, Monk, and Rogue.

This will heavily affect the weapon selection for he mentioned classes, and for Paladin (FoD) and Fighter (Knockdown). Dual-wielding will no longer reign supreme with majority of full-attack melee attacks.

I don't quite understand through, why no attacks are registered in the combat log between 4:09 and 6:13. Barbarian has clearly killed the target on 4:19.

Also, while looking at Barbaric Blow with Polleaxe (on 6.47), Barbarian makes a primary attack, and we see the popup number for 52 damage. Then he follows with a second swing as part of the animation; but there is no damage and no miss entry in the combat log.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1