EDIT on 6/22/2017: I stand by the feelings that I had at the time I wrote this post, because given the information I had it was reasonable for me to feel the way I did. That being said, while I'm not going to alter the post that follows, I do wish to note that as a result of points brought up here and elsewhere, the developers of this game still have my support and trust.

In the Ambassador Program thread, I asked why more people weren't angry about the fact that mobile users have to buy the same game twice to play it on PC. I was shocked when a slew of people answered my question very genuinely and in total defense of Obsidian. "Well, you can't just assume that if you buy the game on one platform you get it for free on another," the chorus went.

And that's true. You indeed cannot assume such a thing. But there's a difference between assuming something and being told it is the case multiple times by the developers.

Since at least some people here have evidently short memories, let me jog them. Flounder, in this thread:

In the not to distant future we are going to basically have one device give you your PlayFab ID and you will be able to set that up on a different device/platform.  Once that is implemented you should be able to log in on PC/Android/iOS at will and have the same save data.

This strongly implies that when the PC version is released, mobile players will not have to pay to buy the game again. I could argue that it isn't ethical for Obsidian to let implications like this stand for months without ever doing anything to dispel them, but I don't need to, because there's also this:

Let's say I buy the the pass for Rise of the Runelords on my tablet, will I have to purchase it a second time once it's released through Steam to play it on my PC? Or are the purchases tied directly to a login that'll be universal? 

Universal, your purchases are tied to your PlayFab account.

So there you have it. Obsidian explicitly stated that buying the game once on mobile meant you'd never have to buy it again, and that was untrue.

I could have maybe pardoned this untruth if Obsidian didn't try to cover it up with steaming bull dung. As justification for why the Steam version costs money, Obsidian "explained" that the Steam version uses a different pricing structure. This makes it sound as though the issue was completely out of the developers' hands, and that is absolute **cking nonsense. Nobody in 2017 can possibly believe that it is beyond the bounds of current technology to put on Steam a free version of the game that acts as a demo and can be unlocked into a full version via a $25 fee, and then give players who paid $25 on mobile a code that bypasses the lock.

In defending their decision to charge for the PC version, Obsidian mumbled out some corporate twaddle that is TRANSPARENTLY BULLSHlT. Giving out such an explanation and expecting it to be accepted as reasonable is insulting to their players. Had Obsidian simply said the truth — "Look guys, the mobile version wasn't as profitable as we'd hoped, so we had to charge for the PC version or it wouldn't have happened at all" — I might have been okay with it. But making a promise, breaking it, and lying about why they broke it is without hyperbole the first really awful thing Obsidian has done during this project.

I love the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game and I love Obsidian for making a proper digital version. To me, Pathfinder Adventures is above all an incredible service to fans of the original card game — a service most fans of most adventuring games do not and will never get. Anyone who loves the PACG and wants to play it solo is lucky beyond measure that Obsidian exists and decided to take the project on.

My overwhelming gratitude to Obsidian for undertaking this title made me forgive the 100% missed deadline rate, the showstopping bugs, the characters who lost feats for no reason, the cards that disappeared for no reason, the disappearance of quest-mode and the never-existence of multiplayer, the fact that I could only add basics to my deck in AD3, and on and on. Anyone who's watched my playthroughs on YouTube knows that they're a kind of Frankenstein's monster, a writhing mass of bugs and befuddlement stitched together by pure desperation.

I don't care that every update had egregious, unforgivable bugs; I don't care that it took Obsidian four freaking months to put out AD4; I don't care that character progress got wiped; I don't care that I had to play Showstopping Bug Whack-a-Mole to finish several scenarios; and, frankly, in the end, I don't care about 18 f***ing dollars.

But I do care that a company I love lied to me, lied about why they lied to me, and did so in such a blatantly transparent way that it is clear they either don't respect me or think I'm a god damn idiot. I am angry. You can be angry at the people you love.

Obsidian, let's be real for a second. I know that you'll never be able to say this out loud, but we all know that you know that this game's development has been a total sh*t show. I'm sure you talk about this to each other all the time. And you have to know that the fans who've been here since the beginning have given you a lot of pardons that few other game developers will ever be given. So you're going through some hard times and you had to charge for the PC version. I get it. But if you can't spare a little honesty in a trying time for the people who supported you for over a year, defended and stood by you even when your game was a dumpster fire on wheels, then when can you?

Edited by Borissimo
  • Like 4

I appreciate your anger at all the bugs, etc.  I can't even play my mobile version until they figure out what the problem is.  So I'm angry too.  The best case for disappointment is the loss of quest mode.  That truly diminished the value of PA mobile.

However, I disagree that we were lied to.  PA mobile is still free, and purchases will let you get new content.   I feel that PA owed no one a PC version, and they were generous with the Ambasador idea.  Just play your PA mobile as tho PC never existed.

In the Ambassador Program thread, I asked why more people weren't angry about the fact that mobile users have to buy the same game twice to play it on PC. I was shocked when a slew of people answered my question very genuinely and in total defense of Obsidian. "Well, you can't just assume that if you buy the game on one platform you get it for free on another," the chorus went.

Does anyone here remember the time when there were different teams working on separate versions of the same games for different platforms? Buying the game for Mac was (and is) buying a different product than the game for the PC, or any other platforms the developer chose to support; including consoles.

While this line might be blurred with engines that support a per-platform compile, it still takes a lot of work to make each version, and they shouldn't be pressured to include all versions in the purchase of just one.   But some companies did this. Bungie did this with Myth 1 & 2.  GoG did this to limited extent, by allowing GoG accounts to access any participating titles that were already subscribed to on Steam by the account holder. (A pretty cool thing to do too.)  

I know that Almost Human Ltd. made their games for PC, and later ported the engine to OSX, and IOS. Certainly they do not owe their PC costumers access to the MAC & Tablet versions without compensating them for the extra work.

Edited by Gizmo

Since you seem to forget one crucial thing... publisher.

It might be totally out of Obsidian's hands. While they might want to do it an another way, their publisher is the shot caller after all. Obsidian isn't self publishing it and therefore can't make such decision as pricing and they sure as s*** can't point the finger at the publisher either due to NDA's. 

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

It might be totally out of Obsidian's hands. While they might want to do it an another way, their publisher is the shot caller after all. Obsidian isn't self publishing it and therefore can't make such decision as pricing and they sure as s*** can't point the finger at the publisher either due to NDA's. 

This is the first good response to my original post. Fluoride, you're absolutely right that I overlooked an important factor.

As for the posts above Fluoride, they're a rehash of reasons why a player shouldn't ASSUME that a game on one platform must be available on other platforms. And I say again, as I did in the first post here, that there are several galaxies of difference between an ASSUMPTION and an EXPLICIT PROMISE BY DEVELOPERS.

I guess my first post was a little long and some people couldn't be bothered to read it. So let me spell it out:

A prospective buyer of the game comes along and says, "Hey Obsidian, if I pay $25 to get the content on mobile, will I have to pay again to get the same content on the eventual future PC version?"

Obsidian says, "Nope! Buy it once and you have it on all platforms!"

Based on this information from Obsidian, the prospective buyer pays $25 to unlock the game on mobile.

Now if you don't see how that is a problem, I honestly don't know what else to say.

And that's pretty much what it is..

I paid for the expansions on mobile, figuring that when we get the promised PC version I can play it on there, because that's what they said, after all.

Turns out I need to buy the PC version *including* those expansion. So why the F did I even buy them on mobile?

I'll have to see if there's any way to get my money back for the mobile version, so I can spend that money on the PC version to get the exact same content back. It's.. Retarded.

• Like 1

So far I've voted with my wallet so I'm right there with you. I own 781 games on steam (I just checked) and many more on GOG and other platforms, and Pathfinder Adventures is a game that I both want to be playing (and streaming) right now, but I must resist because I have not been happy with their decisions for a lot of things for a long while.   I say this to show how much other "options" i have personally, and how much in perspective I wanted to be happy with this game. 

I still maintain they handled this wrong.   They could have given everyone who paid $25 or more an 80% off coupon, or offered the game at $3.95 or something reasonable and made everything else DLC.   There were lot's of solutions, and there really isn't any excuse other than a business one of double dipping.   They should have waited to have more content for the Steam version for old players to be excited and spend money on - the goblin's DLC for instance is not enough IMO.  If there are issues behind the scenes as to why content is so slow... there is not enough transparency to the users as to why.   And in fact - even though the math probably works out to be the same, if they gave me the game heavily discounted, without the ambassador program, I would have just bought the DLC immediately, no questions asked.  But on principle they now are getting nothing from me unless i change my mind.

For me, it sucks.  I specifically only ever wanted a Steam version.  I never wanted a mobile version.  I was only influenced  to support the mobile version by the implication that the Steam version would both come sooner than it did, and the fact, it would be F2P like the mobile version. 

These arguments (I've seen here and elsewhere) of "Remember When???" are moot.  The gaming industry on a whole has matured.  You can't get away with the same stuff when better tools, better pricing models, better examples and competition exist.   I remember when you couldn't even download video games, but that doesn't mean in 2017 you could offer a game without a digital download option and still want to be successful, so bringing that up as an example is silly at best.  

Plus, if you want to play the "remember when" game, there are tons of posts and complaints about 20 other things in the past month or year, including 100's of bugs and other design issues that have been mishandled for "reasons".  Do we forget the many times content were delayed? Do we forget that quests was removed despite positive feedback (and being implemented poorly).  Or the changes they made from the base game, or... you get the idea.   Heck, look at how this Ambassador thing is being handled - how can something as simple as that be so delayed and mishandled to result in 200 questions a day about it?  It's par for the course for this game and the devs. 

All I know is this:  The Devs had a lot of great opportunities to make a great thing, and it was marred with a lot of bad and/or short-sighted decision making which ultimately I think will hurt their bottom line - their business bottom line.   

The one thing that I will say to counter my own words is this: 

The people who created the game are human. I tell myself this every time I complain on here.  I'm pretty confident that many of the issues that people have with the game were not 100% born from an evil place. Despite how illogical and stupid some of these design decisions seem to be... I don't think they were done with any ill intent.   The best thing you can do for them is keep a level head and keep providing the feedback they need to make the game a better product.   People who blindly defend the devs without proper criticism actively make the product worse.   You can criticize and still be positive.  

Edited by wakasm
  • Like 5

For me, it sucks.  I specifically only ever wanted a Steam version.  I never wanted a mobile version.  I was only influenced  to support the mobile version by the implication that the Steam version would both come sooner than it did, and the fact, it would be F2P like the mobile version.

And that's the crux of the story. I would *never* have spent money on the mobile version if I wasn't assured that I'd be able to use that on the PC version as well.

Which, technically, I am, because I'd pay *again* for it. So F that.

The mobile version was nothing more than a way to see what it looked like, and a short hold over that turned into a year hold over.

And after they've said that the content will only have to be bought once, they screw us over.

I'm fine with paying 3,4,5 or something for the Steam appliation. I'm NOT fine with paying for all the packs again on the Steam version when we were promised they'd transfer.

This is the first good response to my original post. Fluoride, you're absolutely right that I overlooked an important factor.

As for the posts above Fluoride, they're a rehash of reasons why a player shouldn't ASSUME that a game on one platform must be available on other platforms. And I say again, as I did in the first post here, that there are several galaxies of difference between an ASSUMPTION and an EXPLICIT PROMISE BY DEVELOPERS.

I guess my first post was a little long and some people couldn't be bothered to read it. So let me spell it out:

A prospective buyer of the game comes along and says, "Hey Obsidian, if I pay $25 to get the content on mobile, will I have to pay again to get the same content on the eventual future PC version?"

Obsidian says, "Nope! Buy it once and you have it on all platforms!"

Based on this information from Obsidian, the prospective buyer pays $25 to unlock the game on mobile.

Now if you don't see how that is a problem, I honestly don't know what else to say.

Yes, they've promised that and I'm sure they know that they've promised that, otherwise they wouldn't try to fix the situation. Their promises and integrity however don't mean s**t to the publisher, who is out to make profit with their investment. 

It sucks for all parties involved, even for Obsidian. I'm sure they don't want to piss off their customer base, but it just might be out of their hands and all they can do is trying to fix with creativity when they can't solve the pricing. 

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

So... Okay, I've been thinking quite a lot about this, so prepare for a kind of long post. My apologies.

I have refrained from actually making a thread or post to state my personal opinion on these matters, for a number of reasons (partially that I was waiting for further communication from Obsidian on a number of questions I'd already raised), but it seems relevant to the here and now to add my two cents. Or, in this case, twenty cents.

First, I would like to state that my opinion may have changed since previous posts on these forums. These are my opinions as they currently stand now, after reflection and consideration.

Buy-in to PC, and the shift in business philosophy

I agree with the original post in some regards, but I am also highly sympathetic to the position Obsidian is in. Currently, an active buy-in is, quite likely, going to be more financially viable, serve the game as a sales platform better (by removing the ability to grind for content that a lot of development time is put into for a relatively niche game), and also treat its reviews and user response on Steam more highly. I have personally seen that Free-to-Play games often get a very bad rap on Steam, the single best example I can think of being Hex.

(For context from my viewpoint: Hex has an extensive amount of solid, if challenging, single-player free content, but intends for the PvP to be payment-based, like a live TCG. That released the floodgates for "pay to win", and led to one of the single most ambitious and potentially deep and content-full card games to have middling to weak scores on Steam, even as it frequently shines in journalistic reviews. Of course, it has a whole host of its own issues, but a lot were swept under the rug in the face of the payment model for the purposes of negative feedback.)

Furthermore, a lot of mobile board games and PC board games DON'T actually share purchases, particularly some published by Asmodee. Sentinels of the Multiverse, for example, I believe you must buy individually on PC and tablet - same with Ascension the deckbuilding game (which also is 'free on tablet, paid on Steam', I think). Pathfinder is not unique in this 'dual-approach'.

The problem was in communication, and I'm all but certain that the developers' hands were tied on that front. Another problem is, of course, conceptually, the impact of this decision - especially on an established playerbase!

On the whole, I have grown acclimatised with the new presentation of the game, the dichotomy of mobile (encouraging free-to-play) and PC (single buy-in for most content), though I regret the span of time and the awkward communication about how it was applied, particularly in how it contradicted earlier goals that were stated as facts by developers.

Handling of pre-existing players, and the Ambassador Program

It is HERE that I will get more critical. Whilst I can forgive the shift in business practices, as they were likely unavoidable or overall in the best interests of Obsidian, I am deeply unhappy with the communication and rollout of their Ambassador Program as a mitigation of the playerbase negative response. It has been slow to roll out (more and more days passing since the actual Steam release), new information has been slow to come by, questions were not answered in a timely manner (like my question as to whether I could spend an extra $10 to get over the $25USD threshold and still be counted in the lead-up to the game release)...

And on top of that, it shoots down the previous equivalence of paying players to grinding players. Without a cent, you can have the same amount of content in the mobile game as someone whom has paid (with the exception of a small slice of promo material), but they are treated very differently (possibly due to technical limitations) by the program. I am someone who has purchased many, many, many treasure chests, own every character, every adventure path, a suite of dice, and still I am treated identically to someone who has just installed the game and played a single scenario and stopped, and I am also treated far worse than someone with the same or lesser set of content who spent $25 on gold or treasure chests. Right now, buying the standard PC version does not add almost anything of note to my game (with my stored 20,000 or so gold, which is looking to become worthless), and so a drive to purchase simply does not really exist.

Furthermore, the lack of communication, which I will repeatedly bring up, has hurt. It is my reading of the situation that they intend to ultimately remove the Gold system from the game, as they have stated they wished to do at some points, but the lack of advance warning to the playerbase has led to, from consumer perspective, particularly to players who aimed to grind for content, wasted time under false information or assumptions. 

LOT of people have made the argument "But you've had fun for a year!" which, in my case, is untrue. I've been playing the game for well under 50 days before the PC version, and in those 50 days there was literally no communication of any kind on the official forums or otherwise to warn me that my progression was going to be rendered irrelevant come the Steam release. In fact, the only information from developers seen contradicted that, stating that content would be perfectly matched between the consoles. I feel like I've spent literally hundreds of hours on content that is no longer recognised in the new business model, suddenly thrown with little warning at me.

The 'Real Reason' I am not buying the PC version, and might never.

With that said, despite my unhappiness with the lack of communication and treatment under the less-than-equal Ambassador Program, I am still willing to overlook that. There are technical reasons why 'counting' progression of players may have been infeasible. The switch in business model I can forgive, because I understand why it may have been done. The actual DEAL given to PC players (as long as they're newcomers) is entirely fair and reasonable. Even my unhappiness with communication may have been unavoidable given staffing constraints, contractual obligations, or any other reason.

But, alas, even getting aside the earlier issues, I simply have now moved away from the game because of the direction it has taken with this patch, even if we ignore the existence of the PC release. I'll try to list them.

1. Introduction of the Stash allows for trivialisation of content, particularly early content, by getting later adventure-deck cards in treasure chests and the like and immediately throwing them into brand new character decks. This decreases the difficulty of the game dramatically, and badly damages the enjoyment of the progression and loot system, at least for me. There's very little drive to hang around longer in B and 1 and 2 scenarios to look for new magic weapons or better items and the like when even my starting characters are bounding around, beating villains and picking up useless throwaway crap relative to my 4 and 5 and 6 deck cards from the Stash. This has, in my eyes, borked the progression of the game in a disastrous manner.

2. The sudden emphasis on the Stash/Treasure, with large amounts of bonus cards given to PC players, and the removal of salvaging, interferes with the balance of the as-designed Rise of the Runelords adventure path. In some cases, the Treasure/stash cards are weaker than the same-numbered adventure deck cards, but more often than not they're a bit more powerful, likely as a consequence of a bit of power creep between expansions of the core set. I believe you can still turn them off, thankfully, but as a result then I feel like I'm playing sub-optimally. Either I play sub-optimally and intentionally handicap myself, or the existing level of challenge is decreased when I was hoping with this patch it would dramatically increase... because quite frankly, it's so much easier than the physical game for a whole number of reasons.

3. Speaking of balance, you can now spend gold to just win any roll or scenario you want. Just buy extra turns/blessings, extra dice, extra damage protection. Again, you can choose to intentionally play sub-optimally and not use them (you can also choose to "Just play solo Lem and don't give him Solo Performance", remember), or you can treat the game as a challenge to be overcome and find it disgustingly easy. You can effective buy your victories... which massively cheapens the emotional impact of 'legitimately' beating them when you know you could do the same thing just by a little dribble of gold for runes and the like. I am HUGELY against these new systems, even if they were put in place to try to render gold no longer "worthless". Even just putting in more alt-art or fancy dice would have been a better use of gold. Better yet - another set of art/equipment sets for each character would drive plenty of people to spending an extra $10-20 or tens of thousands of gold HAPPILY, without damaging the original gameplay experience.

4. Bugs. I made a comment before the PC release suggesting that I suspected a lot of bugs that existed pre-patch would not be fixed, and post-patch would bring even more. Sadly, I was correct. Many of the extensive list of bugs I have previously reported based on the last patch (of which were a subset of the 50+ I have come across over my gameplay) either still exist or have merely shifted into new bugs, whilst many new ones appear to have been introduced. Especially for a patch so long in the making - quite beside the PC release - I would have hoped for a more stable and consistent release BEFORE the Steam release, rather than sending the PC version out when many yet-to-be-treated bugs still remain and hinder the user experience, then opening the floodgates for even more. Once again, this may be the case of the developers not having a choice in the matter - deadlines are an annoyance - but 4 months of no announcements or communication, large quantities of bug reports, then ending up making the game buggier with the next patch is an insult to the mobile players.

Overall, the massive adjustments to the progression and method of challenge to the game, as well as the overall stability and strategic shortfalls have, in the long term, been far more impactful to my enjoyment of the game than the concept or application of the PC release. Either way, I consider myself effectively driven out of the game, and may only return when actual content updates on a more stable platform present themselves... and even then I'm going to have to carefully consider whether I can ignore the many new progression mechanics that I consciously wish to avoid.

• Like 1

Valid points made in these posts.  I even let Borissimo know that I will try and explain a bit of "How the sausage is made", if I can.

It might give a bit or clarity but I am not sure it will actually give closure.

Sorry for the rambling, it's been a long day.

• Like 5

And that's the crux of the story. I would *never* have spent money on the mobile version if I wasn't assured that I'd be able to use that on the PC version as well.

Which, technically, I am, because I'd pay *again* for it. So F that.

The mobile version was nothing more than a way to see what it looked like, and a short hold over that turned into a year hold over.

And after they've said that the content will only have to be bought once, they screw us over.

Actually, this is my position too.

But, for me the Ambrassador Orgram deal is : for $18 I will get the Obsidian Edition, which include many character alts I don't unlocked yet, treasure cards, goblin themed things, some consumables, promos and 5000 gold. It's OK I guess, but still, this whole thing leaves a bad taste for me.

Not to go full Dad on this, but I'm not angry, just disappointed. I paid my 25$ on day one of the mobile release, and regardless of what promises were made, I felt like early, full support mattered. I also readily acknowledge that purchasing software on one platform doesn't mean I automatically get access to future platforms.

I just don't get... everything.

What was the potential of this app?

- Easy access to playing this game with friends online - not delivered, may never be

- Access to a huge library of scenarios. Even without the 3 base sets beyond RotR there is a library of scenarios for organized play, many of which work with RotR (at least another Aventure Path). Maybe we'll get this?

- Class Decks, an additional 40-50 characters maybe? Huge variation.

- An infinitely replayable quest mode. Because right now I have no need to replay RotR. I have played it in dead tree and iOS version perhaps 6 times in total.

What we got, and didn't get

- multiplayer went nowhere, from coming soon to "do you really think it's reasonable to expect that?"

- Quest mode died. A huge content block was taken away

- 5 goblin scenarios. Not to throw shade on that but it's a poor replacement for quest mode and not a substitute for an adventure path

- Many many new cards, some of which were novel, others of which were merely ok. That was nice

- Character variants that were very very similar. Let's be clear; in a world where the class decks exist, this is a huge disappointment

- Dice. I don't even know where to start. In lieu of content we got dice, many of which were priced in excess of what a set of actual dice from say, Chessex, cost. 30$ for the epic dice. 40$ for the leg. For graphical. Skins. Only.

Maybe (surely) I don't understand coding and development. Maybe (surely) I don't understand app monetization. But I do understand value. And I can compare the value for this app to other apps. I can compare what this app offers to what the physical game offers. And I can decide whether my money is better spent on Gloomhaven or Mechs vs Minions or Wonder Woman or Dark Souls 3 or Exit or the Mysterium app or the Potion Explosion app or or or or. And I just can't see why I would buy the game on Steam again, ambassador program or not.

So I'm not mad. I'm disappointed. And in large part because I don't understand, looking at where PACG has gone in the physical game, how much content exists in organized play, what other board game apps offer, and what my money could be spent on, I don't understand how Obsidian can be happy with the app and the steam release in its present state.

i guess my concern is that those who supported the app the most are actually getting the least. If you had bought all the alts already, for instance, then getting the Obsidian package has less value. If you spent a bunch of money on gold to buy treasure chests hoping for those Legendary cards, then their value goes down when just given away. The other problem I have is that, if I understand correctly, if one bought the mobile RotR, you don't get the PC version, BUT, if you buy the PC version first, you get the mobile, too.  That sure seems to favor the new player or the one who chose not to support the game initially. I have actually bought the RotR package, several months of daily gold, and just bought the Basic Package on Steam even though I haven't even played the app after finishing the scenarios many months ago. I continue to support the game, but worry that this roll-out will sour those who have been supporting Pathfinders from the beginning.

• Like 2

The above 2 posts pretty much sum it up for me. With the difference that I won't be buying the Steam release in its current form.

I simply don't believe in this digital version anymore. I have all the actual card versions, and the digital version seemed like a nice option without the hassle of setting everything up.

What a disappointment that was in the end :(

This is a really good thread with some well thought out feedback to the devs

Rather than a "how the sausage is made" post I'd sooner we have more info regarding plans for the game going forward and seeing those bugs and glitches get fixed. I'm literally bumping into new bugs every time I play right now :(

It is frustrating because the game itself has huge potential and I really, really enjoy the way it plays on tablet

I jumped all over the Obsidian Edition but I'm starting to feel that by buying it I've simply killed off the whole idea of the treasure chests :/

... and that following on from additions prior to the PC release like the massively overpriced Alt bundles and dice bundles makes me worry about where the game is going

I am however, bugs aside, more hopeful about the Rise of the Goblins expansion .... I'm happy to invest in additional content if I can see that it will add to the game and make it more fun ... but recent changes, features, removal of features haven't really been going in that direction. When as devs you find yourselves often using words like "workaround" as temp solutions to bugs and trying to explain why you did what you did after a new feature or change has gone out ... something surely has gone seriously wrong?

Edited by CriticalHit

Disappointed is a good term.  I don't come to the forums often.  Normally after my Samsung Nook updates the app and I see it updated do I come here to find out what happened.  I only recently discovered you can rate other forum members.  I have 4 votes of absolute neutral.

I knew the Quest mode was going away.  I got to level 33 or 34.  Never got a character to 40.  Bummed I didn't reach 40.  I could have.  It seemed every time I hit level 20 I'd find a bug that would cause me to restart Quest.  Then again, the game lost interest for me when I was in the teens for levels and the March deadline approached.  I gave up playing for month thinking Quest was gone.  Then I found out it wasn't.

I got all the treasure chest for Quest mode going away only to discover I can't salvage anything.  I treat the treasure cards like the game cards.  If there are 4 copies of a blessing at level 3, then I make sure the treasure blessings stay at 4 copies as well.  If there is only one copy of every spell, I keep one copy of the spell.  Anything over the highest number of cards for the level of the type got sold.  Then there were some cards I didn't like and only kept one copy, like Pole.  I felt it helps with the balance of the game.

Without the ability to salvage, I won't be purchasing treasure chests.  I don't want to play with what I feel is an unbalanced set of cards.  Dice don't interest me.  The Alt forms of the card are okay.  I'm not into the game that much to want to play every version of every character.

It is a fun game.  I got the app because the physical game is unwieldy to set up and take down.  I also got it because a friend, who no longer plays after he paid for it all because he has an iPad which said was supported then ran into a bug and was told iPad 2 instead of iPad, and I were going to play the multiplayer game.  We were trying to go through the physical and thought this would be far superior to lugging the card box around.

I need space on my Nook.  The game sucks 500 MB.  The Nook doesn't have much space to begin with and having that much taken for something I'm not interested in any more calls for removal.  I don't want to lose what I have if I ever decide to re-install it.  Does anyone know what happens if you uninstall and later re-install?  Is there anything I need to keep, like the PFID?  Do I log back in with Google Play (I now see Asmodee.net there)?  Since I've paid for it, I'll probably play it again some day.  Right now lugging cards about sounds more fun.

• Like 1

I need space on my Nook.  The game sucks 500 MB.

I feel the same way on my Windows tablet! (The Windows version is 3.5 GB, my tablet has 64 GB of storage.)

Assuming the difference is higher-resolution graphical assets for 1200+ cards, maps, backgrounds, and so on, it'd be nice if we could choose to use the lower-resolution versions.  They'd work just fine on my 1366x768 screen.  (My phone is higher than that! :)

Edited by Parody

I created an account just to post here, because of this issue.

When I bought the season pass, I purchased it because I understood, right or wrong, that in so doing I wouldn't have to pay for the same content for the PC version. I effectively have to do so, which is... intensely frustrating.

Frustrating to the point that, unless something changes dramatically in the coming years, I will never purchase anything by Obsidian again. The opening poster was far more in-depth and polite than I can be, so I will leave it at that.

We should at least keep the pressure on them to resolve this.  After 3 weeks of silence from them other than a confusing "showing how the sausage is made" followed by more silence, we deserve answers.  PlayFab have committed what is tantamount to fraud, and unless they address it I see nothing other than regrettable legal action being required to force their hand.

Rather pointless for me, to be honest. I've pretty much lost what faith I had in this product.

And legal action isn't going to get you anywhere, since promises made on a forum really don't count for anything. And the legal text accompanying the purchase of things on mobile does not mention any other version at all.