Wondering how many people also play in PACG Organized Play

Stands for Pathfinder Adventure Card Guild, the official organized play program for the Pathfinder card game. 

http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/acg

Ive got a regular group of 5-12 that meets Tuesdays and some days, people are slow on their turns because they are playing a game in the app as well!

Just wondering who else is playing in the OP program and the app.

And if you aren't playing OP cuz theres no group, our group started from me and my old roommate playing at a local spot. Over the next few months we went from 2 people to 3 then 5 then 9. We are about to add public games to our local Pathfinder Society meetup, and for all our new players we push them towards the app to learn how to play at their own pace if they cant attend a demo game. 

Any other PACG members out here?

I have PACG account, but I mostly play organiced play seasons at home with friends. No time to visit Gaming events... I own all class decks released so far and am in preorder list for all those class decks so I may qualify for this Group... ;) barely but still.

I really hope, if there will be multiplayer, that it will use rules from organiced play system. It would work best in multiplayer format IMHO.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

That CD subscription is super useful. Having all the content available for people definitely helped grow the game locally, even helped increase sales because people wanted to buy their own stuff to play at home or other places! :p 

While I would love to see multiplayer show up in the app, as user experience designer, I'm not going to hold my breath. There are huge technical challenges into getting something of that scale set up on a small team without dedicated resources, not to mention the huge amount of design & testing iterations needed to get an acceptable UX.

What I could see for "multiplayer" is releasing a version of the authoring tools and a portal, and releasing the hounds. One of my players did an entire Game of Thrones conversion using Wrath that was brutal!

I'd love to play PACG organized play, but there's nowhere in my city or state that runs it, nor do I know of enough people (read: effectively 0) with the interest to participate. Finally, I'd have to have the products delivered, and I have had the most shoddy luck with deliveries of any and every kind since moving to this city, with 0% success rate out of 3 attempts (one missing, one defective, one didn't match my order at all. So 2/3 sender/manufacturer related and not local post, to be fair).

All in all, circumstances have seen the likelihood of me participating in Organized Play at this stage of life to be extremely low, though I'd jump at the opportunity.

Edited by Yewstance

Where are you at Yewstance? There may be a few hidden players in your Pathfinder Society Chapter. We've got one or two from the RPG group that join us off and on, we'd have more but we meet on the same night as Pathfinder Society. 

You can grab your local Venture Captain's contact info here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety  Your local VC should know of at least 1 or 2 people who've also said something about the card game. Depending on where you live, some chapters may be a bit more regional but North America has pretty good support. And if you cant find a local VC to talk to you can reach out to the regional heads. Also a lot of PFS players can be enticed to try the game if you show up ;) 

Relatively recently moved to Canberra, territory of ACT in Australia. Only 1 registered store in the territory as far as I can tell, which is a pretty long distance from me, and not a single mention of ever having held PACG events, just normal Pathfinder at most.

I am a VL, so yeah I play Organized Play.

One of the Australian VCs was very interested in getting play in Australia (it's tough because shipping sucks), so you might want to talk to him.  I don't remember which region he was from though :(

Also, we're trying to get play by post spun up as well, which allows you to play by forum post on the paizo.com forums.  We're currently doing a massive play by forum of the Cosmic Captive at the moment (which combines PbP RPG and PbP ACG tables)

Edited by zeroth_hour
  • Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

Yewstance. Hit me up. I am in charcge of Pathfinder OrganisedPlay in Canberra. We do have events and are always looking for new players. Email me at sjcoling@hotmail.com or pm me on the Paizo forums. We also have a Facebook group under Pathfinder society Canberra as well.

I do both, but we don't let it bog down the sessions.  This has mostly led to discussions about how certain mechanics can be extremely annoying when they show up in the app (e.g., location with a penalty for all failed checks including recharging). and showing the others special cards such as the Ugly Sweater Festive Wool Hide promo card or the variation on the Shopkeeper's Daughter.

people are slow on their turns because they are playing a game in the app as well!

I am reminded of this comic: http://www.overboard-comic.com/comicoct1910.html

• Like 1