Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Patch 1.2.6 Preview: Pathfinder on PC!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

DCool

DCool

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

New update rolled out, and quest mode got removed. I lost all progression including purchased adventures and characters... Excellent job, I'll be sure to avoid the steam release and any other game made by these developers.

Mysterio

Mysterio

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

New update rolled out, and quest mode got removed. I lost all progression including purchased adventures and characters... Excellent job, I'll be sure to avoid the steam release and any other game made by these developers.

Did you log into Asmodee.net?

complexly

complexly

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
Pathfinder Adventures has always had the problem where it isn't sure if it's a paper card game directly translated into the digital space (with attendant tabletop-style premium pricing for separate modules) or a F2P mobile loot grinding game or, now, a "normal" single-player PC game that comes with all non-DLC content "out of the box."

So this leads to different segments of its audience perceiving it differently.

If, for example, you paid $25 to unlock all the scenarios and base characters on mobile, then you may feel that those digital items--the scenarios and characters--are what you bought, not access to the client software, which is already free. Then paying an additional $25 (or whatever the price is going to be) extra just to utilize those same digital items on another client app might feel like a rip off. (i.e., the Gwent and Hearthstone model)

Or you may view  the PC version as a separate self-contained thing from the mobile version that happens to carry with it a bonus of syncing your progress between different platforms (i.e., Playstation and Vita games that are cross-save but not cross-buy).

It's all in the eye of the beholder (heh), and no one is objectively right or wrong, it's just that the game is chimeric in its design, pricing, and marketing, likely due to the need to profitably expand the audience beyond the niche tabletop audience, especially since the game has a lot of complex rules that need intensive developer resources, while still being faithful (perhaps too faithful) to the original version. To be fair, it's a hard tightrope to tread.

(Although this inconsistency can lead to odd scenarios like if you paid for the Steam version first, you'll get both clients for $25, but if you paid for the mobile version first, both clients cost $50...)

• Hannibal_PJV likes this

ferrisvalyn

ferrisvalyn

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 56 posts

Ok, stupid question - are we losing the ability to trash treasure cards when we have a bunch of the same?  

Azarel

Azarel

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Shouldn't we receive 1000 for each level 40 character? or is it 5000 for the first and +1000 once if you have more.
I'm asking cause I had all characters at level 40 and only received a total of 6k gold

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2154 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Only for one.

Cainhu

Cainhu

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Steam:cain_hu
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ok, stupid question - are we losing the ability to trash treasure cards when we have a bunch of the same?  

It seems to be missing as a feature, which is strange.

DrDior

DrDior

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Do you need an Asmodee.net account for any of this?  If so, what for?

Mysterio

Mysterio

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Do you need an Asmodee.net account for any of this?  If so, what for?

Beats me.  But trying to log into Asmodee.net will delete your existing runs (not hero progress) and all purchased DLC.  Closing the app and relaunching it will restore your purchased DLC, but not your existing runs.  I experienced this bug, as did others.

Rbsk216

Rbsk216

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 28 posts
Was just wondering if we own the mobile version is the a way to install the pc game without paying again on stream

Erroll

Erroll

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I only had level 9 characters but I also got only the level 1 reward.

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1107 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Was just wondering if we own the mobile version is the a way to install the pc game without paying again on stream

No.  Sorry.  :(

Assussanni

Assussanni

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 73 posts
There are new scenes for each Haunt in Foul Misgivings (2-3)! Hadn't seen this listed anywhere. I enjoyed them, thought the artwork was pretty cool. Are there any other updated/new story scenes in the latest patch?
  • PinkRose and SystemShaper like this

AlexSem

AlexSem

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
Also strange: I've created brand new party and compleeted the first scenario Brigandoom. But on the overview screen it already shows three checkmarks as if I had completed it on every difficulty level.
Please, fix this

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2154 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Also strange: I've created brand new party and compleeted the first scenario Brigandoom. But on the overview screen it already shows three checkmarks as if I had completed it on every difficulty level.
Please, fix this

I think that that is how it should work. One party opens all difficulties to all croups, but it is so long time when I last time did new croup that I am not sure of this though.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 16 June 2017 - 09:14 AM.

SkeevePlowse

SkeevePlowse

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

Please, fix this

I think that that is how it should work. One party opens all difficulties to all croups, but it is so long time when Imlast time did new croup that I am not sure of this though.

That was my experience; I started a solo Lem playthrough recently and all difficulty options were available to him from the start.

AlexSem

AlexSem

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
Actually, no.
You dont't get gold the second time, yes. But instead of checked checkboxes (and instead of locked checkboxes) there should be unckecked checkboxes.
Especially due to the fact that in character sheet for characters the Completion tab shows the correct progress

Yewstance

Yewstance

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts

Actually, no.
You dont't get gold the second time, yes. But instead of checked checkboxes (and instead of locked checkboxes) there should be unckecked checkboxes.
Especially due to the fact that in character sheet for characters the Completion tab shows the correct progress

Er, from memory, no, they've always been checked checkboxes (at least since I've been playing) if I try again with a new party and/or new characters. I've always had to go to the Completion tab to know what has or hasn't been completed explicitly. I always assumed a part of that was limiting gold grinding to Legendary difficulty missions or (formerly) Quest Mode.

AlexSem

AlexSem

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
Also:
How do I add new cards to collection?
If I buy Enhancements or get cards from chests - they go to Unclaimed tab, where I can give them to characters (which is lame by itself since I can give Deck6 card to a newly created characters, but anyway).
The cards I got before the update are still available in collection (though I can not salvage them anymore), but how can I add new cards into collection, so I can encounter them in location decks during scenarios?

ylvglo

ylvglo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:FabledSole5139

Also:
How do I add new cards to collection?
If I buy Enhancements or get cards from chests - they go to Unclaimed tab, where I can give them to characters (which is lame by itself since I can give Deck6 card to a newly created characters, but anyway).
The cards I got before the update are still available in collection (though I can not salvage them anymore), but how can I add new cards into collection, so I can encounter them in location decks during scenarios?

They're technically already in your collection, you just can't encounter them until you put them into your stash and then banish them, I believe. Though admittedly moving cards from the unclaimed tab to the stash is a bit tedious, as you have to (as far as I can tell) first add them to a character deck and then to the stash.

And yeah it seem a bit unbalanced that you can give high deck cards to beginner level characters.

Edited by ylvglo, 17 June 2017 - 04:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users