Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pathfinder Ambassador Program -- Now Available!

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1050 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

That's Explicitly not how Buying on mobile works though. Have you not read the first post? If you spend $25 on Mobile you get the Upgrade to Obsidian edition for free. So they are handing out copies of the DLC for "free."

Yes, you will get the Obsidian upgrade code for free.  But it is a Steam code.  

If you are considering buying the Base PC version on steam, you'll get a 10% off coupon, and the Obsidian DLC free via Steam.

This program is a thank you to all of the Pathfinder community members that have supported us over the past year. Obsidian would like to show its appreciation for your support by giving you an exclusive upgrade DLC for Pathfinder Adventures on Steam. This DLC will upgrade a base version of the Steam game to an Obsidian Edition - free of charge.

Yewstance

Yewstance

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts

But... guys, honestly... I don't get it.
Why do you bother so much about the PC release, when you actually play PA on your mobile device? Isn't it already the most convenient way to play a digital version?
Would you really prefer to play at-a-spot rather then on-a-go?
Anyone cares to explain this to me? What's the catch?

That's a question that will have different answers for different people, so I'll summarize some possibilities - some of which apply to me.

- It is the assumption that the game will run much better in PCs, on account of resources available. That there may be less crashing, run faster, shorter loading times, better connection speed. All of these quite desirable, and even more so with people with less-than-top-of-the-line mobile devices. People familiar with the Steam platform (and gaming in general) are much more likely to have dramatically better PCs than tablets or mobile phones, after all. Certainly I'd love to transition from my old and slow device to PC for this reason. The feeling of 'getting a lesser experience/product' is a big turn-off for some.

- Some may believe that future content updates may, eventually, be solely restricted to the PC version. This has not been stated by devs, but the awkward "Free to play" vs "Pay to purchase" conflicting models are going to make future content releases hard to manage, and so there's a lot of uncertainty by the playerbase as to what to invest in (if anything).

- Some prefer hotkeys/keyboard/mouse/scrollwheel to touch controls. I'd say likely a majority.

- Visual fidelity and/or resolution of the game, and/or personal comfort, when sitting and looking at a large monitor rather than a small mobile device.

Also, despite being on a mobile device, Pathfinder Adventures is actually pretty restrictive to play "On the go", as all progression requires a constantly active connection to be maintained. In some countries and on some devices, this may not be a huge issue, but for other countries - such as Australia - reliance on constant connectivity when travelling is a pipe dream, and that's even IF your chosen device supports any kind of mobile data network (which my tablet most certainly does not). In short - not everyone CAN play it 'on the go'.

• Ethics Gradient, ylvglo and Raist1in like this

Fade2gray

Fade2gray

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

For me, the biggest draws for the PC version are:

1. Bigger screen/better resolution (just plain nicer to look at)
  2. M/KB controls (the touch controls aren't bad, but nothing beats M/KB in most games for me)
  3. No battery problems (the app eats through my battery like few other games, and actually makes my phone uncomfortably hot to hold after a little while).

• ylvglo likes this

Raist1in

Raist1in

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 41 posts

- It is the assumption that the game will run much better in PCs, on account of resources available. That there may be less crashing, run faster, shorter loading times, better connection speed. All of these quite desirable, and even more so with people with less-than-top-of-the-line mobile devices. People familiar with the Steam platform (and gaming in general) are much more likely to have dramatically better PCs than tablets or mobile phones, after all. Certainly I'd love to transition from my old and slow device to PC for this reason. The feeling of 'getting a lesser experience/product' is a big turn-off for some.

I have to disagree.
1. Modern PCs cost much more than a modern mobile device, so chances majority of players have a Top PC and a crap-o tablet/phone are quite opposite.
2. Except for tons of bugs I personally face zero issues with ether lags or connectivity. Crashes? Never heard of, and I play every spare minute of my workday, which is a LOT... What else, Lags? Slow login? 5/7 seconds time ain't that much, my friend. And I'm not a golddigger, I own 200$ Meizu 6 China phone & 6 y.old Nexus 10. I'm terribly sorry if it's not so bright for you guys, might be my pure luck.
3. Steam itself is quite a chubby software.
4. Devs insist on the fact that the game, it's future content and it's updates should be a perfect match across all platforms. If you think that making a Purchase-to-play instead of f2p new Adventure content on a mobile platform is some kinda problematic... I don't.
5. I partly agree on your point reg. mobile data... But the thing is - you don't have to be "Constantly connected".
I know your pain. For e.g. there's no decent network cover in Moscow Underground, and I spend 2h every working day inside. I have to pause the game right before I win the scenario, and wait till I get online again to get the gold... and my other tablet is able to use wifi only, so I have to be indoors... But wait for it... wait a minute... not only you will have to be indoors when playing on a PC, you won't even have a chance to move anywhere else. So... no benefits for a PC version again, from my point of view.
6. Resolution preffs are debatable, since nowdays mobile phones have a tendancy for larger screen options, and tablets are a perfect choice already.
7. "Sitting in front of a large screen" - Yeah, right... I'd rather save my neck and a$$ by changing poses. I'd play a little right before bed time next to my sleeping wife, or play even during a bath... So, again, personally... PC version sounds like a step back. =))

p.s. ThIs should be in the other PA PC Release thread, really.

Edited by Raist1in, 14 June 2017 - 02:23 PM.

• Ethics Gradient likes this

Jigmelingpa

Jigmelingpa

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

This is great news, thank you for creating the Ambassador Program!

I am looking forward to purchasing on Steam, but I will wait for the coupon and account link instructions before I do.

Archangelrey

Archangelrey

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 166 posts

How do I connect my Steam account to my Obsidian.net Account? I did with the phone and tablet but can't find the spot the Steam ID.

Nilus2k

Nilus2k

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
Maybe I'm just not picky but you guys do know you can use Steam and GoG. Sure you can have a preferred platform but if you are getting a better deal with the other use that. On my PC I have Steam, GoG and, god help me, even Origins because of game exclusivity or because the best deal isn't always on one platform. I mean I prefer Target to Walmart but I don't vow to never step foot in a Walmart or cry foul when something is a better deal there. Again, maybe I'm just easy going with this sorta thing.
  • PinkRose likes this

mattpho

mattpho

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

I just registered an account but I am unable to find the settings to link my PFID and steam account. Any help would be appreciated.

bleedthefreak

bleedthefreak

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Will it be possible to get the 10% discount prior to launch today? 

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2096 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Not Until you get that code before that. So if somebody want to get the discount They have to wait untill the codes has been released.

DrDior

DrDior

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 105 posts

Here is my best understanding, scouring through all the post.

On the Pathfinder Adventures home page https://pathfinder.obsidian.net/

Once you have logged in you see your ID in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Click on it and there is a selection for "My Products". Select it.

I believe that is where you will see the Steam discount code, and a DLC code for the Ambassador program.

At this moment, no codes have been posted yet, so you don't want to buy from steam until you have your codes.

I hope this is all correct.  But not verified.  Someone please verify or correct when you figure this out.

I still do not know where to link the playfab (pfid) and steam accounts.  Which do I go to (Steam, Obsidian, elsewhere) and how do I link?

• bleedthefreak and Ethics Gradient like this

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1050 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Once you have logged in you see your ID in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I believe that is where you will see the Steam discount code, and a DLC code for the Ambassador program.

At this moment, no codes have been posted yet, so you don't want to buy from steam until you have your codes.

I hope this is all correct.  But not verified.  Someone please verify or correct when you figure this out.

I still do not know where to link the playfab (pfid) and steam accounts.  Which do I go to (Steam, Obsidian, elsewhere) and how do I link?

It doesn't appear to have been set up yet, but what you posted is pretty much how I'm expecting the process to work.

Hang tight everyone.  The PC game launches in less than an hour!

bleedthefreak

bleedthefreak

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

How does my pathfinder account know I've played the iOS version? I signed into "asmodee.net" but I don't know if I'll "qualify" to get a coupon?

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1050 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

How does my pathfinder account know I've played the iOS version? I signed into "asmodee.net" but I don't know if I'll "qualify" to get a coupon?

The pathfinder ambassador portal does not presently exist yet.

We've been given a couple clues about how it might work; like:

- Go to http://pathfinder.obsidian.net

- Create an account / log in in the top right corner

- Link your iOS or Android PFID

- Get steam coupons and codes if your account meets their criteria

But, it has yet to be implemented.  The ambassador program is a late-breaking idea that the devs only off-handedly mentioned during a twitch stream last week.  As soon as it is ready, the'll let us know how to sign up.

Edited by Ethics Gradient, 15 June 2017 - 07:00 AM.

• bleedthefreak and DrDior like this

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2096 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yep, so it will take some time to do it. A couple of days at least, most propably a couple of weeks, because a lot of stuff have to be made from Scrach. They have to include a way to check out the user, the account, how much have been used in mobile. So some data maining is needed!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 15 June 2017 - 09:09 AM.

Xaintrix

Xaintrix

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

So as someone who bought the main bundle and a few other things on mobile the current plan of attack for maximum value is:

1. Wait for ambassador infrastructure to launch.
  2. Link the accounts and get the ambassador coupon and DLC code.
  3. THEN purchase on Steam for 10% off.
  4. Enter DLC code.
  5. Play like crazy.

Sound about right?

• DrDior, Ethics Gradient and ylvglo like this

DrDior

DrDior

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 105 posts

So as someone who bought the main bundle and a few other things on mobile the current plan of attack for maximum value is:

4. Enter DLC code.
  5. Play like crazy.

Sound about right?

Yup.  And, right now my mobile crashes whenever I try to enter a game.  So I'm not playing until the ambassador reward is issued.    
Days?  Weeks?  Don't know.

SystemShaper

SystemShaper

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

4. Enter DLC code.
  5. Play like crazy.

Sound about right?

That's how I read it and expect it to go too, yeah.

Or to put it another way;

1. Don't do anything just wait for ambassador program to launch.

2. follow new instructions posted along with ambassador program launch.

3. Play like crazy.

;)

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2096 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
They have to take people out of Goblin dls, or postpone this after Goblin dls is ready, so one of them is going to take time to wait another to be ready.
But Goblin dls has been under development some time so who knows how much is needed. My ques is that Ambassador release is done first, because it is more simple than Goblin dls, but even that has to be tested Somehow after it has been coded. And database coding is easier than Pathfinder power interactions.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 15 June 2017 - 09:18 AM.

BAdler

BAdler

Lead Designer

• Developers+
  • -9930 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Hey, everyone. The Ambassador Program is not currently live. This means you are not able to link your PlayFab and Steam accounts with your Obsidian.net Account. Once I have more info regarding the website being available for the public I will post instructions on how to go about linking your accounts.

• Hannibal_PJV, DrDior, Ethics Gradient and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users