Official E3 Thread (I forged the paperwork)

Malcador

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Man, the only thing that I was super excited about was Beyond Good and Evil 2, but it's a prequel and they made the trailer so edgy with the dirt and the cursing and ghettos and snarky criminal chavs (even if they're monkeys). Doesn't feel at all like the original to me.

• Like 1

The "first" reveal of BG&E2 was so incredible. This in comparison was not. Even the "vague" in-game shots in the background of the conference looked uninteresting, not that I'm really going off of those at all. I get the CGI has some people hyped, but I just expect the game to ultimately be a let down given the wait.

After having time to digest everything here are Keyrock's Highly Prestigious E3 Awards™:

Most Anticipated Game: Metro Exodus - I mean, it's Metro.

Best Conference: Microsoft - So. Many. Games. All of them coming to PC too.

Worst Conference: EA - No surprise here, EA wins this award almost every year.  Completely soul crushing as usual.

Biggest Pleasant Surprise: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Mario and Rabbids in a tactics game?  Seems like a really weird combination, but right up my alley.

Biggest Disappointment: Visceral's Star Wars game, or the complete lack of - Really, you got nothing for us on this game?  Is it still happening?

Most Conflicted About: Beyond Good & Evil 2 - I'm happy to see something about BG&E2, but the direction of the new game is kind of off-putting to me.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Visceral's Star Wars game.. Is it still happening?

Think they just wanted SW focus to be on Battlefront 2, since Battlefront 1 was not too well received and it will release before the Visceral game. Who knows though, their use of the SW license hasn't been too impressive.

Visceral's Star Wars game.. Is it still happening?

Think they just wanted SW focus to be on Battlefront 2, since Battlefront 1 was not too well received and it will release before the Visceral game. Who knows though, their use of the SW license hasn't been too impressive.

Speaking of which, they had that lady come out and do the speech on Battlefront 2 which was mostly "Hey guys, you know what wasn't in the first game?  A single-player campaign.  Wouldn't it be cool if we had a single-player campaign?  You asked for a single-player campaign, well we got a single-player campaign.  Yeah, that's right single-player campaign.  Single-player campaign, amirite?"  Then proceeded to show zero single-player campaign and instead showed some 20 minutes of multiplayer gameplay which looks remarkably similar to Battlefront 1 multiplayer.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

PS Vita failed, PS TV failed, PS Now doesn't have a stable user-base and will likely fail, same goes for PS VR from the looks of things. As much as I hate to admit it but Sony is walking on thin ice. It's not as if their TVs or Smartphones are doing any better and the fact that Microsoft just announced Xbox One X and it has tons of money to throw at it makes things all the more difficult for Sony.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

PS Vita failed, PS TV failed, PS Now doesn't have a stable user-base and will likely fail, same goes for PS VR from the looks of things. As much as I hate to admit it but Sony is walking on thin ice. It's not as if their TVs or Smartphones are doing any better and the fact that Microsoft just announced Xbox One X and it has tons of money to throw at it makes things all the more difficult for Sony.

At the same time, I wonder who is supposed to buy the xXx X Box One X xXx.  Who is this aimed at?  Which system is the gamer on the budget going to buy?  The one that costs $500 or the one that costs $100 less right now and likely $150 less when the xXx XXX xxx X Box One X xxx XXX xXx comes out (I'll be shocked if Sony doesn't slash the price on the PS4 Pro about a month before its competitor's launch)?  $500 is a lot for a console, $400 is generally the upper ceiling.  Every console that has launched at above $400 has either outright failed or struggled mightily until a price cut (*cough* PS3 *cough*).  Most people that are willing to spend $500 on a console probably already have a high-ish end PC, which makes the XXXXXXxxxxxxxxXXXXXxxX Box One XxxxxxxxxXXXXXXxxxxxXXXxxx kinda obsolete, since all the games they showed will be on PC also.  Sony has compelling exclusives, Microsoft does not.  I don't like exclusives, I want games on as many platforms as possible, but exclusives are what sell consoles.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well I guess that clears that up. http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-isnt-in-development/

So, two new top shelf titles not revealed this year. That means no release until late next year. Figure 2-3 years DLC work if the games don't bomb. Then at least a 3 year development cycle so were looking at what? 2024 for ES6? Later?

And it gets worse. If neither of those two new titles are FO related we won't be seeing anything new there until the 2030 range.

Skyrim is six years old and they are still finding ways to re-package and re-sell it. I guess they will keep yanking on the teat until nothing comes out.

Edit: I did get a chuckle on the people in the comment section talking about boycotting Bethesda. LOL how do you boycott a company that has nothing for sale?  :lol: 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Speaking of which, they had that lady come out and do the speech on Battlefront 2 which was mostly "Hey guys, you know what wasn't in the first game?  A single-player campaign.  Wouldn't it be cool if we had a single-player campaign?  You asked for a single-player campaign, well we got a single-player campaign.  Yeah, that's right single-player campaign.  Single-player campaign, amirite?"  Then proceeded to show zero single-player campaign and instead showed some 20 minutes of multiplayer gameplay which looks remarkably similar to Battlefront 1 multiplayer.

Par for the course with EA. They are all about marketing and metrics, actual substance comes a (very) distant second place.

Consumer trends prove time and again that spending a ton of effort and money on marketing weak products is a very sound business strategy, so do as I do -- don't hate EA, hate people.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

From the guys who made Life is Strange:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riQ692rbs-E

At the same time, I wonder who is supposed to buy the xXx X Box One X xXx.  Who is this aimed at?  Which system is the gamer on the budget going to buy?  The one that costs $500 or the one that costs $100 less right now and likely $150 less when the xXx XXX xxx X Box One X xxx XXX xXx comes out (I'll be shocked if Sony doesn't slash the price on the PS4 Pro about a month before its competitor's launch)?  $500 is a lot for a console, $400 is generally the upper ceiling.  Every console that has launched at above $400 has either outright failed or struggled mightily until a price cut (*cough* PS3 *cough*).  Most people that are willing to spend $500 on a console probably already have a high-ish end PC, which makes the XXXXXXxxxxxxxxXXXXXxxX Box One XxxxxxxxxXXXXXXxxxxxXXXxxx kinda obsolete, since all the games they showed will be on PC also.  Sony has compelling exclusives, Microsoft does not.  I don't like exclusives, I want games on as many platforms as possible, but exclusives are what sell consoles.

A xXx 1070 GT xXx costs about the same as an Xbox One X. Not saying that they are the same but if people are willing to spend 470 bucks ona GPU + Extras then why wouldn't they spend 500 bucks on a console that can play games, ultra hd movies and such right out of the box?!

• Like 2

A xXx 1070 GT xXx costs about the same as an Xbox One X. Not saying that they are the same but if people are willing to spend 470 bucks ona GPU + Extras then why wouldn't they spend 500 bucks on a console that can play games, ultra hd movies and such right out of the box?!

because you can A) use that card for next 6 years and B) cost you save on games is massive during that time period

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I guess it is due to the fact I never played the first that I found that really uninteresting. Chav monkey though, seems original.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Believe me when I say, the Xbox One X will sell like hot cakes. Yes, you can trade in or sell your old console for a good price these days and use that money to get a new console, just as you would with a gpu. When I traded in my Xbox One a year after I got it, I got $299 for it (from $399).

I look at how well the PS4 Pro is doing, people would be surprised at how good it's doing but should they be surprised? Not really. I mean, there are better AAA games on consoles (won't ever be on pc) and better ports on consoles. Optimization has become the new essence so with all that, the Xbox One X is pretty much an unstoppable force.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Believe me when I say, the Xbox One X will sell like hot cakes. Yes, you can trade in or sell your old console for a good price these days and use that money to get a new console, just as you would with a gpu. When I traded in my Xbox One a year after I got it, I got $299 for it (from $399).

I look at how well the PS4 Pro is doing, people would be surprised at how good it's doing but should they be surprised? Not really. I mean, there are better AAA games on consoles (won't ever be on pc) and better ports on consoles. Optimization has become the new essence so with all that, the Xbox One X is pretty much an unstoppable force.

Allow me to disagree. You compare it to PS4. PS4 Slim still outsells PS4 Pro. Because it's cheaper...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

From the very start I think most people knew there would be a 2. A that it would have a single-player campaign. EA alluded to as much when marketing the first game. They talked about wanting to have something out for the first movie. So they talked about how it was mp only and this allowed them to focus on delivering a really good mp game. Thing is, there were very few maps and they charged like ****.

Thing is about BF campaigns, all they are are in map objectives with a story narrative. So it's no wonder they didn't show much. What they really need is Galactic Conquest...

because you can A) use that card for next 6 years and

Not really, I've had GPUs that died on me after 2-3 years and even if it stays alive for a span of 6 years I doubt it will be anything more than an ancient GPU by then. Imagine any GPU from 2011, can they run a game like Sniper Elite 4 or Prey(2017) with acceptable framerates? I think not.

• Like 1

because you can A) use that card for next 6 years and

Not really, I've had GPUs that died on me after 2-3 years and even if it stays alive for a span of 6 years I doubt it will be anything more than an ancient GPU by then. Imagine any GPU from 2011, can they run a game like Sniper Elite 4 or Prey(2017) with acceptable framerates? I think not.

I used my card for 5 years without problem. You just can't expect to run everything on max details

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

After having time to digest everything here are Keyrock's Highly Prestigious E3 Awards™:

Most Anticipated Game: Metro Exodus - I mean, it's Metro.

Best Conference: Microsoft - So. Many. Games. All of them coming to PC too.

Worst Conference: EA - No surprise here, EA wins this award almost every year.  Completely soul crushing as usual.

Biggest Pleasant Surprise: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Mario and Rabbids in a tactics game?  Seems like a really weird combination, but right up my alley.

Biggest Disappointment: Visceral's Star Wars game, or the complete lack of - Really, you got nothing for us on this game?  Is it still happening?

Most Conflicted About: Beyond Good & Evil 2 - I'm happy to see something about BG&E2, but the direction of the new game is kind of off-putting to me.

Thanks for the heads up with Metro Exodus! I like Action and Horror movies. The only thing that game might get me worried I hope it is not to much survival like you have to find something etc.,  but there will be certainly guide's Online if you get stuck somewhere due to that. Yeah and it it is good if they have different difficulty levels for FPS.

Edited by Terminator