I could see the Rauatai having large domestic sea creatures that they can use to tow vessels. Plus they probably know more about keeping the barnacles from growing on their hulls, so they typically would have much cleaner laminar flow at sea. Maybe they grow their underwater hulls as guided coral shapes, rather than building from wood?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

So I haven't really seen anyone else mention this from the E3 content.

The Beyond. I'm really excited to see what this has in store for us. Seems to be more than just a single level sort of "wizards domain" like in Diablo 2 Act II or Micolash's Nightmare of Bloodborne.

It's hard to talk about it with so little information I suppose. I thought it was maybe the spirit world or the aether or wherever the souls reside after going through the adra and being in the wheel. 'The Wheel' might not be an actual place/dimension though.

Wasn't it mention that we will learn more about where gods reside? Perhaps the Beyond is Gods domain. You do seem to enter through a large pillar of adra, possible in a temple of one of the gods.

The Beyond is where the Gods live and 'unhoused' souls reside

Wasn't it mention that we will learn more about where gods reside? Perhaps the Beyond is Gods domain. You do seem to enter through a large pillar of adra, possible in a temple of one of the gods.

Was that explictly said by the devs?

Also, if it's the realm where the Gods live, then I'd expect there to be different areas which reflect the particular dietys portfolio of things that they represent or are aspects of. What we see in the video looks almost positively non-eucilidean, but chaos isn't really one of Waels attributes. Could be a sort of lobby or hub between the different gods domains.

And I guess 'unhoused' souls are just those who are in 'the wheel', but haven't moved onwards yet? Or souls that have reached nirvana?

Edited by smjjames

Was that explictly said by the devs?

Also, if it's the realm where the Gods live, then I'd expect there to be different areas which reflect the particular dietys portfolio of things that they represent or are aspects of. What we see in the video looks almost positively non-eucilidean, but chaos isn't really one of Waels attributes. Could be a sort of lobby or hub between the different gods domains.

And I guess 'unhoused' souls are just those who are in 'the wheel', but haven't moved onwards yet? Or souls that have reached nirvana?

There have been some dev posts and references to it in game and in abilities I believe, it's definitely in the guidebook. It may be meant to be something believed to be true that actually isn't. 'Housed' souls are ones in a body or object, so technically not all the souls in the Beyond.

New video from Update 36 on Fig yall.

Nothing new really, but still interesting. I actually would have like Adam to explain or at least acknowledge the different "inspirations" or state that are affecting party members (aware, concentrated, etc).

Inspirations are buffs.  They standardized buffs, so now each buff spell gives you an inspiration.  These inspirations have opposites that can be used as counters.

New video from Update 36 on Fig yall.

Nothing new really, but still interesting. I actually would have like Adam to explain or at least acknowledge the different "inspirations" or state that are affecting party members (aware, concentrated, etc).

Inspirations are buffs.  They standardized buffs, so now each buff spell gives you an inspiration.  These inspirations have opposites that can be used as counters.

Oh, I get the idea and all (its a good one too) but what I meant was more detail : how many, which ones, etc. I'm just hungry for more detail. :) Lucky for me, I'm starting a new contract and travelling soon, so I'll have other things on my mind than foolish video games.

• Like 1