RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Just a moment, please. A German gaming magazine released a few videos about the history of some games companies on their website. In the one about Bethesda, they claimed Beth had bought the rights to make Fallout 3, 4, and 5. Can anyone confirm this? Is it true? Is there a limit? :huh:

Just a moment, please. A German gaming magazine released a few videos about the history of some games companies on their website. In the one about Bethesda, they claimed Beth had bought the rights to make Fallout 3, 4, and 5. Can anyone confirm this? Is it true? Is there a limit? :huh:

That's true, it's just not the whole story. Bethesda originally secured rights for 3 Fallout games, but when Interplay crumbled for good, they actually bought the IP from them.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks_LLC_v._Interplay_Entertainment_Corporation

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

From all the hints of Fallout 4, the next Fallout game will most likely be an MMO game with pvp and pve.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I've pretty much given up on Fallout.  Unless Obsidian gets contracted to make one again, which I doubt it will, the series is pretty much dead to me.  At least we have Wasteland 3 to look forward to.

• Like 10

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Seems so

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've pretty much given up on Fallout.  Unless Obsidian gets contracted to make one again, which I doubt it will, the series is pretty much dead to me.  At least we have Wasteland 3 to look forward to.

What, don't you like new wacky zany Fallout with less ultra violence and controversial subject matter. There's funny robots !

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Trading cards have been added to Steam versions of Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate II, and Icewind Dale. It's pretty important since this includes wallpapers, badge access, emoticons and more. Worth a mention :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

He was the chief writer on the first Mass Effect, and for a while after, but at some point he left Bioware. I guess they rehired him.

Not certain, especially since things may change, but I think he's contracted only for Anthem.

He was the lead writer for ME2 and left to write a book series. After he completed the trilogy he returned, full time, to BioWare.

Jeff Vogel writes about Pillars of Eternity, and makes a lot of good points: http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2017/06/games-have-too-many-words-case-study.html (through Gamebanshee).

My problem with PoE was mainly with its combat system, but I didn't much like the writing of the game, either. Flavor text is nice, but when you're trying to get your first bearings on a new setting in a new game system that you've never played with before, PoE's flavor text feels like it's on steroids. There's so much new information about such a variety of things...and you just don't have the foreknowledge in order to understand what any of it means to start with. BG1's approach seems deft and masterful by comparison: when choosing male vs. female, the game tells you that both options are equal; when you're choosing your race, it gives a little profile of each different race-type without getting too much into specifics; when you choose your class, arguably the most important thing, it gives you a basic idea how the class plays, etc. Finally, after character creation, it plays a little textscreen cutscene that outlines the premise of the game (i.e. a description of Candlekeep, your character, and your foster father, and what you're supposed to do to start with). It's pretty simple and to the point, and you learn about the rest of the game world through the things you do, and can you learn more lore about the game through reading books if you really want to, but it's obviously super optional. When I first started PoE, I already felt really lost - lore-wise, gameplay and mechanics-wise - by the first time I heard "Glanfathan" from the first character that talks to you in-game. With the heaping of special abilities, playing PoE is like if you were playing a sorcerer the first time you played BG - how the heck are you supposed to make wise decisions regarding your spell choices - which you can't ever take back after choosing them! - when you have no idea how the game works or how spells really work or what's useful and what isn't?

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Press release from IO Interactive: 

tl;dr version: IO Interactive is now a completely independent studio and the retain they rights to the Hitman IP.

We’re very excited to share this message from the Io-Interactive CEO, Hakan Abrak:

In its 19 years of history, Io-Interactive has brought you original and exciting entertainment; from Mini Ninjas and Freedom Fighters to gaming’s most notorious criminals Kane & Lynch and of course our beloved Agent 47. With our latest game, we have not only transformed Hitman, but also moved our entire studio into the AAA digital era. Our live product has disrupted the video game business and has received recognition and praise from press, community and our fans.

There are many tales of hope, dreams, hardship and joy within these walls. We have never strived for the expected or predictable. Instead, we are always in pursuit for what feels original and real. Our passion and determination has never been greater and so that is why we have decided it is not the time to stop as we have many more exciting and original tales to tell.

Therefore I am proud to announce today that IOI is now officially an independent studio. We have successfully concluded our negotiations with Square Enix and have agreed to a management buyout. Crucially, we will keep all of the rights to the Hitman IP. 

This is a watershed moment for IOI. As of today, we have complete control over the direction for our studio and the Hitman IP – we’re about to forge our own future and it’s incredibly exciting. We are now open to opportunities with future collaborators and partners to help strengthen us as a studio and ensure that we can produce the best games possible for our community.

I would like to say a big and sincere thank you to all of our players, community, friends in the media and everyone else connected to the studio for the messages of support that we have received in the last few weeks. I would also like to thank Square Enix; it has been a great family to be a part of and we are proud of what we have achieved together in the last eight years. IOI started as an independent studio and we will now return to those roots with an extremely passionate and talented team.

We are counting on the continued support of all our players; simply by having fun with everything we’ve released so far for HITMAN – and we want to encourage more of you to try our game. We have more details to come on our plans for that next week.

Thank you.

Hakan,
Io-Independent

:biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Madden is adding story mode so this is the most excited I've ever been for a game that I always buy every year anyway

https://youtu.be/cBZwjP6MpZo

I'm hoping they do this for their hockey games someday as well.

Madden is adding story mode so this is the most excited I've ever been for a game that I always buy every year anyway

That's the coolest looking feature I've seen added to Madden in over a decade.

But will it be realistic? its the real question, unless I can get in barfights and beat my wife I don't think this will really give me the NFL experience.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That's the coolest looking feature I've seen added to Madden in over a decade.

But will it be realistic? its the real question, unless I can get in barfights and beat my wife I don't think this will really give me the NFL experience.

Class action suit dlc for when your player's brain turns to cream cheese from repeated concussions?