Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 684 posts
Ah, looks like Supergiant has gone the way of quirky audio. Too bad.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

https://www.youtube....h?v=9jBbq6c9EEQ

Releases tomorrow. :dancing:

Pre-purchased and ready to play. 12 more hours :D

Ah, looks like Supergiant has gone the way of quirky audio. Too bad.

I'm just glad this one isn't turn -based. The audio is fine. The game is a huge improvement over Transistor.

(Coming from someone who loves Transitor and turn-based combat).

Edited by SonicMage117, 24 July 2017 - 06:32 PM.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2962 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yakuza Kiwami new trailer

Played this in Japanese already. Honestly, everything that it does, Yakuza Zero does better. There's no reason to buy both unless you're a major fan of the series.

I have nothing against RTS I'm just complete and utter **** at it. I can't do large amounts of micromanagement in real-time to save my life. I'm a slow paced gamer to begin with, I like to take my time and think things through from multiple different angles, hence why I generally prefer turn-based (both for strategy and RPGs).

RTS against other players is a pressure cooker, but I enjoy the campaigns etc. against the computer. There's more time to relax, play with units etc. I wish there was a new RTS with an awesome campaign a la Warcraft 2 or Starcraft 1 (You know, when the writing was still good).

Isn't Kiwami remake of Yakuza 1 on PS2? I've never played PS2 titles, but enjoyed all Yakuza, I've played so far.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3689 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yakuza Kiwami new trailer

Played this in Japanese already. Honestly, everything that it does, Yakuza Zero does better. There's no reason to buy both unless you're a major fan of the series.

I have nothing against RTS I'm just complete and utter **** at it. I can't do large amounts of micromanagement in real-time to save my life. I'm a slow paced gamer to begin with, I like to take my time and think things through from multiple different angles, hence why I generally prefer turn-based (both for strategy and RPGs).

RTS against other players is a pressure cooker, but I enjoy the campaigns etc. against the computer. There's more time to relax, play with units etc. I wish there was a new RTS with an awesome campaign a la Warcraft 2 or Starcraft 1 (You know, when the writing was still good).

Isn't Kiwami remake of Yakuza 1 on PS2? I've never played PS2 titles, but enjoyed all Yakuza, I've played so far.

Yeah, it's a remake of the first game.

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

do someone here plays Dwarf Fortress?

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4840 posts
Tried it s few times, hard game to learn, especially without any graphic mods.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does anyone here play Dwarf Fortress?

I used to. I miss it as it was/still is one of the most strategic games ever produced.

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2222 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

THQNordic is showing a few games at Gamescom, and since they're one of the publishers that best fit my interests...

The first new announcement is a brand new original IP. This open world RPG is set in a unique universe and will be a post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable.

The first could even be the unknown Obisidian project, though we know so little about it it does supposedly fit 'new IP' and 'post apoc'; plus THQNordic would seem to be a good fit with Obsidian and there simply aren't that many RPG studios that could do such a project which aren't already doing stuff. OTOH the Obsidian project is probably too early to be 'fully playable' except maybe as a vertical slice.

Their second unannounced title sounds interesting as well.

• Labadal likes this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6639 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock

THQNordic is showing a few games at Gamescom, and since they're one of the publishers that best fit my interests...

The first new announcement is a brand new original IP. This open world RPG is set in a unique universe and will be a post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable.

uu9pmDP.gif

• ShadySands, Raithe and redneckdevil like this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10825 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The first could even be the unknown Obisidian project, though we know so little about it it does supposedly fit 'new IP' and 'post apoc'; plus THQNordic would seem to be a good fit with Obsidian and there simply aren't that many RPG studios that could do such a project which aren't already doing stuff. OTOH the Obsidian project is probably too early to be 'fully playable' except maybe as a vertical slice.

Their second unannounced title sounds interesting as well.

Kung-fu fable?  Maybe Obsidian is carrying on their tradition of doing BioWare's sequels.  :shifty:

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2773 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

THQNordic should just find some badass developer to make Jagged Alliance 3. Nothing else matters. :D

But i do hope that Aquanox thing turns out the be decent enough, read better than other Aquanox games, so on the level of archimedean dynasty. :D

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3221 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Jagged Alliance is burned. None of the titles after JA2 were able to take over the torch, most of them failed horribly even without the JA name. I doubt anything good will happen with it anywhere in the future...

Sannom

Sannom

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

THQNordic should just find some badass developer to make Jagged Alliance 3. Nothing else matters. :D

But i do hope that Aquanox thing turns out the be decent enough, read better than other Aquanox games, so on the level of archimedean dynasty. :D

The first Aquanox was "Starlancer, UNDER-WATER!", right? Or am I confusing it with something else?

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2773 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hmm, Starlancer was still a space sim of the old, Aquanox games went more into arcade shooter than sim territory. >_< Oh and a full on Geforce 3 TI commercial. >_<

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7302 posts

Too bad the lead writer of Aquanox deceased, I liked where the story was heading.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8474 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

Jagged Alliance is burned. None of the titles after JA2 were able to take over the torch, most of them failed horribly even without the JA name. I doubt anything good will happen with it anywhere in the future...

It's never had a decent development team, though. I wonder what will happen with Ian Currie and Turbine, since Turbine seems to be in a slow motion march to the death? He is probably the only guy who could do it, although I'd be interested to see what Firaxis could do with it as well. Xcom 2 had quite a bit of the JA feel.

The crazy thing is all those security contractors you hear about in the news sound exactly like they are coming out of the Jagged Alliance database.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3221 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The crazy thing is all those security contractors you hear about in the news sound exactly like they are coming out of the Jagged Alliance database.

Haha, yeah. I remember 20 years ago when I first played the games, I thought "man, this would be kinda cool to have in real" ... and now look where we are. It pretty much exactly happened that way. Nowadays I don't think it's that cool anymore, though.

Edited by Lexx, Today, 06:29 AM.

• Hurlshot likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Wrath of Dagon, CAIN