What are you playing right now?

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The difficulty in this is either really swingy or I'm having trouble adapting to the controls. Still, I'm having a pretty fun time at it.

Discretion is the better part of valor as far as this game is concerned. Specially if you're dealing with archers.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I got the 2 DX:MD story DLCs in the Steam Sale (as well as praxis kits, credits, and other crap I don't care about that comes with the season pass) so I'm going to play through those.  As with my first playthrough of the main game, the goal is a pacifist ghost run.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The difficulty in this is either really swingy or I'm having trouble adapting to the controls. Still, I'm having a pretty fun time at it.

Discretion is the better part of valor as far as this game is concerned. Specially if you're dealing with archers.

Yeah, I picked that up rather quickly. I've had a couple tricky situations due to being a bit careless with the controller in the middle of fights, and then there was a forced encounter during a mission with six orcs and a caragor.

I did have archer trouble once but once I knew they were present it was easy to deal with them.

Maybe the Ishimura just broke space station/ship scares for me (and sue me, but yeah that's the game I had to think of when I started playing Prey) but the tense atmosphere is mostly not there for me.

Remember that Prey isn't trying to be a horror game, just survival. And yes, the combat got on my nerves too. It's a lot better on my second playthrough when I started properly using environmental hazards, but that took getting used to.

Maybe the Ishimura just broke space station/ship scares for me (and sue me, but yeah that's the game I had to think of when I started playing Prey) but the tense atmosphere is mostly not there for me.

Remember that Prey isn't trying to be a horror game, just survival. And yes, the combat got on my nerves too. It's a lot better on my second playthrough when I started properly using environmental hazards, but that took getting used to.

Question, how are you guys playing? I only got a few mods to help me with combat by upgrading my weapons, but then again I did pre order so I had a nice shotgun from the beginning. Even so, I still stealthed through some sections to avoid being killed. All moot once I got my alien mods.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Playing through the Neverwinter Nights 2 OC again. Almost forgot how many goddamn traps were in this game. This was what Neeshka managed to pick up from the Graveyard near Fort Locke alone:

7Fq1xct.jpg

• Like 4
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Platinumed Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, so I can finally stop playing that one. I'll miss you good buddy, until September and the sequel comes out.

Back on Dies Irae and it's still ridiculously edgy.

The bad guys are super powered nazis and I'm pretty sure the protagonist turns into a serial killer when he falls asleep. I'm also positive that they're powered by the souls of the people they kill.

But it's not all bad.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Question, how are you guys playing? I only got a few mods to help me with combat by upgrading my weapons, but then again I did pre order so I had a nice shotgun from the beginning. Even so, I still stealthed through some sections to avoid being killed. All moot once I got my alien mods.

I've avoided the alien mods so far. I tend to just kill the enemies as much as possible (using canisters, turrets and flaming pipes where possible) if only so I can hear ones that I didn't know where there coming more easily. But I've avoided dealing with the big ones so far (like the technology corrupting jerk)

Not sure whether respawns just happen or they are triggered by certain events, so far at least the Lobby seems to have been free of spontaneous respawns as has the Neuromod research area.

Oh yeah, and I think I'll avoid hacking as much as possible, some horrible minigame that is.

EDIT: found a mod that "fixes" the hacking minigame, yay \o/

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Nope not going to get Lawbreakers.

Spent the weekend playing more Overwatch competitive basically just winding up people as much as I can :biggrin:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've avoided the alien mods so far. I tend to just kill the enemies as much as possible (using canisters, turrets and flaming pipes where possible) if only so I can hear ones that I didn't know where there coming more easily. But I've avoided dealing with the big ones so far (like the technology corrupting jerk)

Not sure whether respawns just happen or they are triggered by certain events, so far at least the Lobby seems to have been free of spontaneous respawns as has the Neuromod research area.

Oh yeah, and I think I'll avoid hacking as much as possible, some horrible minigame that is.

EDIT: found a mod that "fixes" the hacking minigame, yay \o/

That's interesting, I tried to kill as many as I could since Typhon organ are used to create mods. My two cents would be too focus on skills that allow you to gather more resources (I broke down a lot of spare parts into materials, bullets too since I was using Typhon mods) since that will allow you to create more recycler charges (They are very OP) and also focus on Lab Tech and wrench damage mods since the game has more lab weapons than security weapons. The QBeam and Disruptor are your best friends.

I wouldn't skip on killing enemies since you lose on materials for Neuromods which you will need later on. BTW  Technopaths are weak against electrical attacks IIRC.

Hope that it helps

That said you're missing out on the best part of the game, those Typhon mods are sick!

village_idiot.gif

Nope not going to get Lawbreakers.

Spent the weekend playing more Overwatch competitive basically just winding up people as much as I can :biggrin:

Oh okay, cool, just curious.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Playing through the Neverwinter Nights 2 OC again. Almost forgot how many goddamn traps were in this game. This was what Neeshka managed to pick up from the Graveyard near Fort Locke alone:

7Fq1xct.jpg

Looks suspiciously like the point where I stopped playing, but the game is so generic that could be a number of places. Most likely will never finish it.

The first act can be a chore, while the Original Campaign stays relatively generic fantasy throughout (though I find the companions endearing nonetheless), the game comes into its own starting with the second act. It's also worth playing as a preface to the Mask of the Betrayer expansion campaign which is universally loved by cRPG fans.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Broken Age, courtesy of ShadySands. It's a point and click adventure game, which I'm usually not into, but it's actually pretty dope - good story, good voice acting, and good writing/dialogue. I think I'm probably about halfway through after about 8 hours of playing it. It's only $4 on Steam right now, so I kinda wish I had just bought it myself...but I didn't know for sure if I'd like it or not. As far as P&C games go, the puzzles have left me...er, puzzled, a few times, but overall, it's fairly forgiving, I think. I mean, I don't play P&C games and I haven't had too much trouble.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Reached final dungeon of Tales of Berseria. I was able to kill off all optional bosses except one, which is 45 level above me at moderate difficulty.

Played through the last quarter of game on hardest chaos difficulty, but last dungeon really has gone up in difficulty, despite having pretty pimped-up gear. 8 battles took me almost 1 hour, and got almost destroyed in the last one. I love the challenge to be honest, but this way, I would spend more than 8 hours before final fight :-P I think I will have to lower the difficulty one step lower to intense and get 2 or three more levels, and then try to change back to chaos.

The difference between Intense and Chaos in ToB is that enemies have 15 more levels compared to Intense, and that can make some battles with lot of casters pretty heavy :-D

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

How do you like Tales of Berseria? I checked the demo out yesterday just to see how it performed and it was better than expected.

Hmm my personal oppionion is, that it is the 2nd best, if Tales of game I've played.

I have played only and all releases on PS3 and PS4.

As a prequel to Tales of Zestiria, it is better in almost all of the aspects. The combat is more streamlined though, compared to all previous modern Playstation Tales of titles.

It is also pretty easy for me. Played almost 3/4 of the game on two hardest difficulties. But it might be, because I am used to Tales of games combat. I have spent almost 800 hours in playing various Tales of titles.

The story is much more darker than previous titles, but feels more consistent. I think they find much better balance between traveling, combat and cutscenes compared to Tales of Zestiria. And there are tons of minigames. Some are more fun for me some are less, but you can find almost anytime something which will catch your attention.

Tbh for me, Tales of series surpased Final Fantasy long time ago, and offer much better entertainment.

10/10 from me.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Tbh for me, Tales of series surpased Final Fantasy long time ago, and offer much better entertainment.

Not really hard at this point. Final Fantasy is probably the worst JRPG franchise I've played and has been for ages.

Edit: After saying that, I could not in good conscience have a pre-order up for Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. I think I'll see about getting Berseria instead.

Stuck on a mission in Deserts of Kharak as there's a phantom unit I can't attack blocking the mission completion. Somewhat annoying that bug has persisted this long.

Gearbox quality :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm replaying Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, now that Shadow Hearts: FtNW is done. I wasn't going to do it, but it seems that this is the year that I replay stuff, instead of tackling my backlog. (To be fair, I've done a fair bit of tackling.) I was rummaging through my PS2 cases, and the game called to me. I couldn't resist. One last time, we go to battle.

We play the game so differently.  When I play there is very little combat, none if I can help it.  My goal is always ghosting the mission, so to me the combat system is mostly irrelevant, since I don't really use it.  To me HITMAN is a puzzle game, not an action game.  Again, different strokes for different folks.

Edit: As an aside, I play Deus Ex the same way.  Get in, get the job done, get out without anyone being the wiser.

No achievement for killing 125 hostiles, well I'm not so sure about that gardener, in the militia hideout mission. I am disappoint...

That. was. hard.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.