Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
755 replies to this topic

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8604 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Actually most people probably didn't even notice the pee odor comment until Blodhelm quoted it and called it cringe worthy, so who is actually responsible for the trolling here? My vote is for Rosbjerg, since he made the thread and is bald.

• Majek, Mamoulian War, Lexx and 2 others like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Bad joke is a bad joke, but not the reason for the troll comment. In what little I've seen, the poster enjoys forum reaction and wears it like a scribbled badge of honor. Solely my mistake for feeding the troll, however.

Sounds like you're trying to troll me.

You keep commenting on something that either nobody else cared about or everyone else just ignored.

Here...

I'll apologize: I'm sorry and now with that maybe you can move on with your life but maybe you'll continue to try to make a fight where there is none. Otherwise you can continue to troll if you want to that's cool too.
  • Oner likes this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3344 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Actually most people probably didn't even notice the pee odor comment until Blodhelm quoted it and called it cringe worthy, so who is actually responsible for the trolling here? My vote is for Rosbjerg, since he made the thread and is bald.

We all know bald people are evil. They are double evil if they got a beard.

• Hurlshot likes this

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4927 posts
Let's chill with the troll comments people - and keep it on topic!

And obviously bald people are the paragon of good, have you never played Hitman?.. Oh wait, Max Payne - hmmm..

Also playing a bald evil guy with a beard in Skyrim.
  • SonicMage117 likes this

algroth

algroth

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Let's chill with the troll comments people - and keep it on topic!

And obviously bald people are the paragon of good, have you never played Hitman?.. Oh wait, Max Payne - hmmm..

Also playing a bald evil guy with a beard in Skyrim.

I think it's the beard that gives it away. 1_0_by_babblingfaces-dbdhcc6.png

• Majek and marelooke like this

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
#BeardedPeopleDoneNothingWrong
  • Majek, TrueNeutral, Labadal and 2 others like this

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6996 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
Kane is Bald. Peace through alopecia.
  • TrueNeutral and marelooke like this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8890 posts

giphy.gif

• Hurlshot, Lexx, marelooke and 1 other like this

algroth

algroth

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

#BeardedPeopleDoneNothingWrong

Not all, but people with split extended goatees have a lot to answer for. :p

Edited by algroth, 17 July 2017 - 08:31 AM.

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2384 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

Losing pretty much every game in Overwatch competitive. Wish I could go Pharah as I'm best at that, but have to deal with some other useless fool going as her or teammates bitching about needing heals/tank but not switching.

+1

Actually I also keep losing because queueing with my fiance dumps me in matches a bit too high rank for me. If she gets any better I won't even be able to queue with her anymore. She's much better than me. Won't even let me win in 1v1s, the shrew. </3
  • Katphood and melkathi like this

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

edit: off topic

Edited by Belle Sorciere, 17 July 2017 - 01:32 PM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Transistor again...

There's something about Supergiant's games... they're super short rpg's that are only like 8 hours of content but yet have as much depth as a 200 hour rpg. I find what helps with this is little tricks the developer successfully pulls off that other developers do not try or maybe everyone else is afraid to?

Transistor still has one of my favorite ost's. Welcome home Red... welcome home.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10858 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I come in here to read about new games recently released, and all I learn about is SonicMage may have some sort of yeast infection.

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1885 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Completed Life is Strange after getting it on Playstation Plus last month.  The little things are what makes this game shine.  All the tiny details scattered around the world that brings quite a surprising amount of life to the characters.

My biggest complaint is the dialogue...it's tortuously bad at times.  It sounds odd but I can totally tell that this game is made by a bunch of French hipster dudes trying to think like American college girls.  If I hear the word 'hella' again I think I might gnaw off my own fingers.

Still, it was worth playing for the interesting mechanics and competent world building.

• Lexx likes this

Katphood

Katphood

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1598 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Shadow of the Beast(PS4)

+Great art and visuals

+Fun gameplay

+Entertaining Story

+Fun and rewarding unlockables

-Music is too epic for my taste(but thankfully, you can unlock the original music and choose that over the new soundtrack)

Edited by Katphood, 18 July 2017 - 05:26 AM.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10596 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer

Completed Life is Strange after getting it on Playstation Plus last month.  The little things are what makes this game shine.  All the tiny details scattered around the world that brings quite a surprising amount of life to the characters.

My biggest complaint is the dialogue...it's tortuously bad at times.  It sounds odd but I can totally tell that this game is made by a bunch of French hipster dudes trying to think like American college girls.  If I hear the word 'hella' again I think I might gnaw off my own fingers.

Still, it was worth playing for the interesting mechanics and competent world building.

It feels like everyone in the world loved it but me. I thought the animations were even worse than Telltale games and that bugged from the first episode. Everyone seemed so robotic. And as a fan of time travel stories, the ending was a complete letdown. Edit: To be fair, I have to give it credit for keeping me optimistic until that point.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Even though I'm a 30 year old male (as of typing this), I agree that Life Is Strange had terrible animations, art style and the voice acting was either great or super terrible.

I think why it became so popular is because it does one thing right, I'm not sure if I can explain this well enough for I'll try...

Life Is Strange seems to deal with controversial issues that alot of people - especially young girls - experience today. Whether that would be being a victim of parental neglect, abuse, sexual assault, suicide, drug abuse, disability, death etc. Life Is Strange covers these issues no holds barred and yet still does it elegantly.

I did appreciate that at the end of the game it had a message that said "If you felt anything after playing Life Is Strange, if you were a victim of any like situations, please click the link and join one of the support groups" or something similar to that affect.

I know there are other games that deal with these types of issues but none of them to this extent or realism that I've seen - closest thing would be Oxenfree I'd say. The characters in Life Is Strange are surprisingly deep and relatable but maybe it depends on what generation you are from. Kate Marsh reminded me instantly of an ex-gf I had so that gave some feeling of familiarity and pity.

But my wife couldn't play the game because it was too emotional for her. Which is sad because I thought it was made for her. Understandable though. Idk, I really loved the characters, Max felt genuine and Chloe was hard for me not to care for by end of game.

Edited by SonicMage117, 18 July 2017 - 06:59 AM.

• Tale likes this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3344 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I liked it a lot because it kind of reminded me of my youth in some weird kind of way. Well, at least the school part and stuff. It just gave these feelings. That emo-hipster stuff and the soundtrack music was great. I didn't really liked the final episode, though. Somehow everything was falling apart at that point.

Didn't mind the animations and such at all. It just wasn't an important factor for me. If I hadn't read about the criticism, I probably would have barely noticed it.

Edited by Lexx, 18 July 2017 - 07:09 AM.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2820 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Tried out Destiny 2 beta. It's ok, but i wish there were other PVP modes to play instead of Control and that Plant charges/protect stations mode. That way i would have spent more time in it. Now i'll just play it if anyone invites me back in. Still buying the retail of course, that'll have the content i want.

SadExchange

SadExchange

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 809 posts

Tried out Destiny 2 beta. It's ok, but i wish there were other PVP modes to play instead of Control and that Plant charges/protect stations mode. That way i would have spent more time in it. Now i'll just play it if anyone invites me back in. Still buying the retail of course, that'll have the content i want.

Did you enjoy the first game? I'm still well on the fence about this one and solo play content.
  • ShadySands likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users