Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3678 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

300 hours??? Well, that's a platinum I'll never go for. I don't have time to spend that much time on one single game anymore.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8467 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

There are a lot of ways you can play the game. The more stuff you kill, the more aggressive the aliens get, ...

Wait? What? In what way do they become "more aggressive"? Aren't they always hostile anyway?

You are not in combat the majority of the time in Prey.

Well, enemies don't usually respawn in the "regular" sense, appears to be based on your actions (eg. pushing the plot forward is a surefire way to have a bunch of new enemies waiting...everywhere), so murdering everything gives some measure of peace, for a while. Some locations do seem too have enemies spawn regularly on entering though (workshop, I think?)

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that the amount of enemies that respawn was based on how much stuff you have been killing, as well as other factors.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2952 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer

300 hours??? Well, that's a platinum I'll never go for. I don't have time to spend that much time on one single game anymore.

To be honest, I think it should be doable under 200 - 250 hours, maybe even less. I have spent a lot of time doing stuff which were not needed for platinum trophy. I just like Tales of games a lot, so I enjoy trying out a lot of optional stuff, and sometimes I have some special house rules for my blind playthroughs, like always trying to play on hardest difficulty, even if it means doing some bossfights over and over, until I find a way how to beat them :-P

If you will do only stuff, which is required for Platinum, and don't bother with farming stuff for Cameo Weapons, you should be done much much faster with the Platinum, than me.

How long it took you to Platinum the first Xillia?

Edit: oh, and use for my New Game + in Tales of games only double experience. If you spent grade for 10x experience, you will save crazy amount of time compared to me. I just rather play one good game twice, than two mediocre games once :-P So I never rush :-P

Edited by Mamoulian War, 15 July 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Labadal

Labadal

• Members
  • 3678 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

To be honest, I think it should be doable under 200 - 250 hours, maybe even less. I have spent a lot of time doing stuff which were not needed for platinum trophy. I just like Tales of games a lot, so I enjoy trying out a lot of optional stuff, and sometimes I have some special house rules for my blind playthroughs, like always trying to play on hardest difficulty, even if it means doing some bossfights over and over, until I find a way how to beat them :-P

If you will do only stuff, which is required for Platinum, and don't bother with farming stuff for Cameo Weapons, you should be done much much faster with the Platinum, than me.

How long it took you to Platinum the first Xillia?

Edit: oh, and use for my New Game + in Tales of games only double experience. If you spent grade for 10x experience, you will save crazy amount of time compared to me. I just rather play one good game twice, than two mediocre games once :-P So I never rush :-P

I think it took me 85-90 hours range.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2952 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ok, I have just checked 10x experience NG+ for you. People rushing the game and skipping some skits were able to get the Platinum with 10x EXP under 100 hours O.o

Edit: Xilla 1 for me was around 135 hours, so you can save a lot of time compared to me :-D

I'll say go for ToX2 too ;-)

Edited by Mamoulian War, 15 July 2017 - 01:24 PM.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6634 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

I've started my work on the final elusive target in HITMAN.  As per usual, I am only doing reconnaissance work at first.  You can't save during an elusive target mission, but you can exit out of the mission and restart provided you didn't die nor did you complete any objectives.  For this particular mission there are 2 objectives:

1. Kill a target
  2. Retrieve an item

I have managed to locate the target.  Killing the target will be easy.  Killing the target unseen will be a bit harder, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.  I could snipe the target quite easily, but I would prefer to poison the target, as that is much too delicious a bit of poetic justice for me to pass up.  I have yet to locate the item, though, and I will want to retrieve the item before I make the kill.  Back to snooping around I go.  ;)

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
My recent pickups/pee-odors are:

Pyre
Sundered
Sonic Mania
The Escapists 2

I feel like I'm missing one... but I will be playing all of them on their release dates. That's all along throughout late July and August.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6857 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Losing pretty much every game in Overwatch competitive. Wish I could go Pharah as I'm best at that, but have to deal with some other useless fool going as her or teammates bitching about needing heals/tank but not switching. 

• SonicMage117 likes this

Katphood

Katphood

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1399 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Wolf Among Us which is pretty darn sweet.

• Labadal likes this

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10512 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
Dies Irae, I'm on the Kei route now. It's probably better than average for a VN, but I keep wanting to just rush through it.

Prey, I'm making slow but steady progress. I haven't gotten to the point where alien powers show up yet, I wonder how long it'll be until then.

God Eater Resurrection. Probably the game that's easiest to lose myself in. If I didn't feel obligated to finish the other two first it'd be the only one I was playing right now.

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 683 posts

My recent pickups/pee-odors are:

Pyre
Sundered
Sonic Mania
The Escapists 2

I feel like I'm missing one... but I will be playing all of them on their release dates. That's all along throughout late July and August.

Pee odor? Most cringeworthy thing I've read in a while. Incredible.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

My recent pickups/pee-odors are:PyreSunderedSonic ManiaThe Escapists 2I feel like I'm missing one... but I will be playing all of them on their release dates. That's all along throughout late July and August.

Thank you. It was just a joke but I'm glad it had the desired affect on at least one person :)

Labadal

Labadal

• Members
  • 3678 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Valkyrie Profile II is done, including the Seraphic Gate and all it has to offer. I wish one of the characters you get there had a lot of more screen time. I'm almost done with Grandia. I'm almost at the final dungeon. I'm skipping the bonus dungeon with all the best stuff. I can't be arsed to go through it.

I'm now playing Gabriel Knight: Sins Of The Fathers 20th Anniversary and I will soon start playing Suikoden III.

• Mamoulian War likes this

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 683 posts

My recent pickups/pee-odors are:PyreSunderedSonic ManiaThe Escapists 2I feel like I'm missing one... but I will be playing all of them on their release dates. That's all along throughout late July and August.

Thank you. It was just a joke but I'm glad it had the desired affect on at least one person :)

Whatever you say, troll.

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Played Fallout 4 for a few minutes tonight for the first time in a while, I have to say, I know that graphics might not be all that matters but damn... those colors pop and it's so nice to look at maxed out in 4k. While FO3/FONV have aged horribly. Last time I played it I could only max the settings in 900p lol Its worth playing now when it's so beautiful I suppose.

I beat Fallout 4 in 18 hours during free weekend on Steam and I honestly feel that it didn't do much for me. As a game, I didn't hate it, but sure was not a good Fallout. It looked decent in some places. I still can't get over the ugly, interface, though.

I can still play NV thanks to the game being fun, despite poor graphics.

If they'd skipped capitalising on the Fallout brand I'd have been far less critical of 'Fallout 4'.  As it stands, it's a fine game in its own right but it does a great disservice to the complexity of the franchise.  Such a shame they turned it into Oblivion 2.0.

Edited by WDeranged, 16 July 2017 - 06:46 PM.

• Labadal likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Whatever you say, troll.
How am I troll for you not being able to handle a simple joke? Let me guess, you're an sjw who gets offended at everything?

algroth

algroth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Whatever you say, troll.
How am I troll for you not being able to handle a simple joke? Let me guess, you're an sjw who gets offended at everything?

What do SJWs have to do with anything?

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Whatever you say, troll.
He reminded me of the group that is offended by everything, I admit the "pee-odor" may have been childish but in no means was it offensive, just meant as small joke as I was in a funny mood at the moment. As politically-incorrect as the phrase was, it was ultimately harmless.

No more joking though, can't do anything fun these days :( Another apology on my part.

algroth

algroth

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Whatever you say, troll.
He reminded me of the group that is offended by everything, I admit the "pee-odor" may have been childish but in no means was it offensive, just meant as small joke as I was in a funny mood at the moment. As politically-incorrect as the phrase was, it was ultimately harmless.

No more joking though, can't do anything fun these days :( Another apology on my part.

Eh, a bit of juvenile humour is no biggie and I do agree it's an over-reaction to call you a troll over it... But personally I'm tired of seeing terms like SJW thrown randomly, it really feels like it's becoming the present-day Godwin's Law.

Edited by algroth, 16 July 2017 - 05:28 PM.

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 683 posts
Bad joke is a bad joke, but not the reason for the troll comment. In what little I've seen, the poster enjoys forum reaction and wears it like a scribbled badge of honor. Solely my mistake for feeding the troll, however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users