What are you playing right now?

Old thread here.

Right now I'm browsing for a new game to play - thinking about trying Prey (looks very Half-Life, System/Bioshock inspired) - or maybe some more Stellaris.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Still enjoying the heck out of the Morrowind expansion for Elder Scrolls Online. This is the best expansion I have played for an MMO since LotRO released Mines of Moria. It has really changed the feel of the game.

• Like 1

Right now I'm browsing for a new game to play - thinking about trying Prey (looks very Half-Life, System/Bioshock inspired) - or maybe some more Stellaris.

If you do not mind Steam, ShadySands might still have a Stellaris key!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Oh I already own it and all the expansions - 'some more' as in returning to it.

I usually give Paradox titles a few months/years to mature after launch.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

cmon, lets just do multiplayer Stellaris already

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Still enjoying the heck out of the Morrowind expansion for Elder Scrolls Online. This is the best expansion I have played for an MMO since LotRO released Mines of Moria. It has really changed the feel of the game.

I haven't been able to play much since my daughter found the adventure Time pack for Minecraft so now been playing that mostly.

Got to play SR 3 for a lil bit but thank God I didn't turn on subtitles bc my kids were sneaking by my shoulders to watch. Only done first mission and got to empty bank account, but really enjoying it so far what little I got to play.

I remember my daughter wanted to drive the car in SR2 when she was little and I was playing it. I let her drive, she hit a wall, and the character went flying through the windshield. She yelled "Why wasn't I wearing a seatbelt!?! What button do I push to put on my seatbelt?!?"

I think she learned a life lesson that day.  :p

• Like 11

Finally got SWAT 4 so may play that some. Did notice I have Star Ruler 2 installed so should also knock that off

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I remember my daughter wanted to drive the car in SR2 when she was little and I was playing it. I let her drive, she hit a wall, and the character went flying through the windshield. She yelled "Why wasn't I wearing a seatbelt!?! What button do I push to put on my seatbelt?!?"

I think she learned a life lesson that day. :p

Lmao

Terminator, would you be as kind as to move the constant hardware remarks somewhere else, please? I mean, of others won't mind. Thank you.

I for one am playing Watch_Dogs 2 right now. The ATM string of missions was fantastic - the whole game is really good fun.

I think she learned a life lesson that day.   :p

Now that story is great. Edited by Fenixp

Geez, I already told Terminator to take it to Skeeter's Junkyard. Nobody cares here. :)

Well yeah, I don't mind -a- post, but Terminator somehow manages to regularly create over a half a screen long posts about GPU comparisons, which ... Is getting a bit irritating. It's fine tho, ignore functionality exists for a reason, I just kinda prefer not to use it. And that's the last post I make on that (to ensure that it actually is :-P) Edited by Fenixp

Post moved - and let's stay on topic of 'what we're playing' and not 'what hardware we might want to buy'

Ok playing Pillars of Eternity on Hard difficulty, but also started it with Nightmare difficulty. However I will first finish the campaign with Hard and Nightmare I might do much later and play some other games after finishing it on Hard.

Edited by Terminator

Finished an Everspace run on hard. Took some doing but hey, well, it isn't called hard for no reason. Almost messed up the run when the sector 5 jumpgate ended up being inside a minefield covered by a frigate. What a rush. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Trying to re-play Prey.  I find it difficult to do a second play through when the quests/stories don't really diverge all that much.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

ESO really did a good Vivec City. As a es lore lover, I'm liking how they did Vivec. I just gotta imagine this dude killing his friend and cutting the feet off and all that other crazy betrayal stuff to gain his Divinity.

Edited by redneckdevil

Trying to re-play Prey. I find it difficult to do a second play through when the quests/stories don't really diverge all that much.

A really good one hit quiter?

I dunno, I was kind of left wanting to come back to it(I probably will if they release some DLC) simply to try out different character builds and resolutions. The mechanics felt very deep and up until the end I was still discovering ways to use them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So since Far Cry 5 has my attention I decided to get the earlier Far Cry games (at least 1, 2, 3, and 4, although I realize each of them is distinct and not necessarily indicative of how Far Cry 5 may turn out). I started playing some Far Cry 3 today, which has been entertaining.

I'm not able to play much as I am also trying to pack up everything I have to move next week.

• Like 1

So since Far Cry 5 has my attention I decided to get the earlier Far Cry games (at least 1, 2, 3, and 4, although I realize each of them is distinct and not necessarily indicative of how Far Cry 5 may turn out). I started playing some Far Cry 3 today, which has been entertaining.

I'm not able to play much as I am also trying to pack up everything I have to move next week.

Far Cry Blood Dragon is pretty great if your a fan of 80's nostalgia film references like Terminator, Escape From New York, Robocop, etc.

I am happy you skipped Primal because that's really the only "bad" one, in my opinion.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I started playing Stellaris.  Right now I'm just doing a throwaway game with a premade race and default settings as a sort of tutorial to try to get past Paradox's famously steep learning curve.  Once I feel I have a grasp of the game mechanics and concepts I'll make my own custom race and do a real playthrough.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Far Cry Blood Dragon is pretty great if your a fan of 80's nostalgia film references like Terminator, Escape From New York, Robocop, etc.

I am happy you skipped Primal because that's really the only "bad" one, in my opinion.

I got Blood Dragon for free last year because Ubisoft was giving free games away. It's installed on my system but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the recommendation, 'cause I do like those things.

And yeah, I've heard very little good about Primal.

I liked primal, it was different enough that it breathed some life into what is now a reanimated corpse called Ubisoft. Just the fact that you had to do more stealth than shooting was enough to make it better than FarCry 4. Plus it is thankfully devoid of all SJW propaganda that seems to permeate Ubisoft games lately.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I liked primal, it was different enough that it breathed some life into what is now a reanimated corpse called Ubisoft. Just the fact that you had to do more stealth than shooting was enough to make it better than FarCry 4. Plus it is thankfully devoid of all SJW propaganda that seems to permeate Ubisoft games lately.

SJW propaganda in Ubisoft games? Awesome - I need to play more of them.

To be fair, I suspect it's actually propaganda in the same way that killing a spider is murder.

Edited by Belle Sorciere
  • Like 1