What's so funny right now?

Blarghagh

tumblr_oqz0qeBziX1tr1701o1_1280.png

That recalls a scene of Watership Down to mind, where the rabbit protagonists come across a road and, naturally, the cars that travel it.

I meant to mention this earlier but I am glad you stuck around on these forums, we don't seem to retain new members on Off Topic and there are no lady members. I raised this with the regular members as sometimes I feel new members may get the wrong impression if they don't know how some people post and communicate 

For example I support SJ in RL and someone like volo quite regularly refers to SJW as Nazis, he doesnt mean it in the way most of us would respond to that criticism. In my world a Nazi is a type of white supremacist with a flawed and reprehensible view of minorities so you don't call someone that unless  you want to offend them

Don't take volo seriously if you feel he is offending you, he is actually much brighter than he pretends to be. Anyway the majority of members are nice and no one would be intentionally malicious 

I hope you stick around because I like your sincerity, how are you finding your overall experience ?

Feels a little bit out of the blue, but... I think you have me a bit mistaken about me because I'm not a SJW nor do I care much about the SJ cause... I have my criticisms against political correctness and the 'liberal' position but just because I think they are going about it the wrong way and actually causing harm in the way they press their issues, I don't think it's right to go exactly the opposite way and condone an even worse philosophy (which is what I feel is happening quite a bit nowadays). Anyhow, I don't mind the experience, I know Volo is being tongue-in-cheek with much of his SJW Nazi claims, I'm not an absolute sourpuss all the time, just sometimes. :p

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

...is it deliberate that there are an even number of options here, and therefore no "middle" option?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

tumblr_oqz0qeBziX1tr1701o1_1280.png

That recalls a scene of Watership Down to mind, where the rabbit protagonists come across a road and, naturally, the cars that travel it.

I meant to mention this earlier but I am glad you stuck around on these forums, we don't seem to retain new members on Off Topic and there are no lady members. I raised this with the regular members as sometimes I feel new members may get the wrong impression if they don't know how some people post and communicate 

For example I support SJ in RL and someone like volo quite regularly refers to SJW as Nazis, he doesnt mean it in the way most of us would respond to that criticism. In my world a Nazi is a type of white supremacist with a flawed and reprehensible view of minorities so you don't call someone that unless  you want to offend them

Don't take volo seriously if you feel he is offending you, he is actually much brighter than he pretends to be. Anyway the majority of members are nice and no one would be intentionally malicious 

I hope you stick around because I like your sincerity, how are you finding your overall experience ?

Feels a little bit out of the blue, but... I think you have me a bit mistaken about me because I'm not a SJW nor do I care much about the SJ cause... I have my criticisms against political correctness and the 'liberal' position but just because I think they are going about it the wrong way and actually causing harm in the way they press their issues, I don't think it's right to go exactly the opposite way and condone an even worse philosophy (which is what I feel is happening quite a bit nowadays). Anyhow, I don't mind the experience, I know Volo is being tongue-in-cheek with much of his SJW Nazi claims, I'm not an absolute sourpuss all the time, just sometimes. :p

No I don't think you a SJW, I don't accept that term because I am only concerned with SJ and equality in RL :)

Internet SJ is more about divisive rhetoric and grandstanding, it lacks substance and I wont be pulled into something so pointless 

No I am happy believing and supporting SJ in RL where people take it seriously 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

deus vult ave maria? God wants greet Maria? What is this supposed to tell me, that polish people can't speak Latin?

you should rather consider if you don't have dyslexia

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Or they did tell him, and he just assumed it was fake reports from Obama's people designed to make him look crazy when he tweets about it.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

9TrZPuq.png

From some study a decade ago, I recall most people waited 9 seconds before deciding that the program/PC is hard-locked. One handy thing to do is hit num-lock, if that doesn't toggle the light then the PC is truly is hosed. Though, I suppose in practical terms it can be long before that.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've always wondered what exactly causes a program to freeze up in Windows. Like, you look at what it's doing, and it's still using CPU and RAM, so why isn't Windows receiving any updates from it? How can Windows not know what's going on so badly that it thinks the process should straight up be killed when it's actually working just fine? Clearly, a little better prioritization should be implemented so that the user doesn't prematurely kill the process...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Could also be the program being un-optimized so it thrashes hard trying to fetch data, doesn't know how to gracefully handle failures in dependent processes - say a driver crashes and it just waits for a response that will never come (ok, showing ignorance on driver interaction here :p).  But definitely something to read up on on my lunch break :)

I have to admit, Steam's been doing a thing lately where it crashes, but the process stays running and refuses to be ended. Then it'll hang on shutdown/reboot until I do a manual reboot.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I have to admit, Steam's been doing a thing lately where it crashes, but the process stays running and refuses to be ended. Then it'll hang on shutdown/reboot until I do a manual reboot.

Had that happen with killing floor 2 and Warhammer a few times. Sucks

Weird, I really remembered the movie different. In fact, I couldn't remember any of the scenes shown in the video. If someone had asked me before, I would have answered "it wasn't that bad" but now...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

0ZfMCLS.jpg

• Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Wow, I knew about Dolph Lundgren, but had no idea about the lead singer of Offspring. Crazy.

Although to be fair to Bill Nye, he's got some pretty solid engineering credentials. Much like an actor or a singer, I'm not sure if a kid's tv host really needs to have a doctorate to be effective in their field.

Think only Holland would qualify based on that list. Lundgren wasted his potential!