Creating a dumping ground for anyone who wants to talk about P:T, since I imagine a lot of people are replaying it now with the EE out.
Some things I noticed while playing through the original....
- It would certainly be interesting if a pack of Displacer Beasts attacked the Warrens of Thought. (Since Blink Dogs are the natural enemy of Displacer Beasts, I would assume Cranium or Moon Rats would be the natural enemy of Displacer Beasts)
- I remember reading that Curst was developed by a different team that hadn't seen any of the other area in the games. Look at the bartender, he's got the inn menu (including the four types of rooms), which I've seen nowhere else in the game! It's obvious the developers thought they were just making a Baldur's Gate level.
- Speaking about Moon Rats, why don't they show up in a video game? They could enslave Wererats too, they would take care of the rats during the time the moon is waning.
- I understand the thinking behind why TNO can't become a priest (it's possible that he became a god at one point, in any case he's lived long enough to piss off every god there is, so none will have him. I think this was mentioned in a Chris Avellone interview). But couldn't he have been a Druid? Mourns For Trees could have taught him.
- The way the Nameless One's class works is weird. It's like Dual-Classing, except you don't keep any of the abilities you gained when you're another class, and you can switch back and forth at will. That's like a Chuck Norris fact; The Nameless One can dual class back!