What you did today

Gorth

I have my vacation now.  :p  :aiee:

When I was driving home just an hour or so ago, along the E20 from Gothenburg I had to almost stop, my (Brand new mind you) wipers weren't enough to keep the windshield clear of water. I've never experienced such rainfall. It lasted for about 30 seconds or so, but the road was more of a canal than road after that. :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I have my vacation now.  :p  :aiee:

When I was driving home just an hour or so ago, along the E20 from Gothenburg I had to almost stop, my (Brand new mind you) wipers weren't enough to keep the windshield clear of water. I've never experienced such rainfall. It lasted for about 30 seconds or so, but the road was more of a canal than road after that. :p

In jest, I told my coworkers that I wanted it to rain during my entire vacation. Little did I know...  :ban:

• Like 1

Had to get a warranty replacement for my phone so I spent most of my free time restoring it. I have to say... Google's restore did not work at all. Last replacement I got it basically just gave me my phone back... so what went wrong Google?

my new router is here. finally no random disconnections

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Wasting time at work trolling Reddit.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had an amazing week last week, making excellent progress on my personal projects and getting a side-gig that puts me another step closer to my dream job, among other things. However recognising that fact kind of jinxed things and made the next week somewhat of a bummer. One of the nicest and most nurturing bosses I've ever had is leaving our company for greener pastures, as well as one of the old-timers in our department, which unfortunately leaves me and three other people in a department of about a dozen as the only old-timers since I started working here about two years ago. That on top of me scrambling to compile a résumé and portfolio material for an internal promotion for a position that was posted weeks ago but was only informed of just yesterday.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 4
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

So many adverts on facebook nowadays. Everything looks like an article or someone saying something about a cool thing, but it's all adverts.

Also I could swear that I've seen an advert on Skype on my phone the other day. First I was like "why did that person wrote this now?" then I noticed... some add placed right between the messages.

This crap is very annoying, not only when you see it as an advert, but also when it tries to hide itself as valuable content.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've been feeling like crap lately, but told myself that I shouldn't be a sissy and just chalked it off. Went to the doc and she told me that I have bronchitis. That explains a lot. Time to take it easy and play even more video games. Can't sleep. I think I'm getting two hours sleep. The coughing gets ten times worse when I lay down. Great way to spend your vacation.

my cast is off my hand, but the bruising is so bad it might as well not be. although it hurts less without the cast because now at least nothing's touching it, so that's good.

where's a cleric when you need one, sheesh

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

my cast is off my hand, but the bruising is so bad it might as well not be. although it hurts less without the cast because now at least nothing's touching it, so that's good.

where's a cleric when you need one, sheesh

Love the smell when you take it off.

• Like 1

yes, the ever lovely smell of fetid flesh, haha

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Y'all have some weird fetishes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think it smells gross, but I have a weak stomach...and nose.

i was thinking how this world is so unfair to anyone who is over 20-22 or so. if you are not born in a dirt poor family you live fine until then but from that point on... lets just say all straws are short - except if you are a work junkie.

every moment you spend working is a moment that has been wasted away from the things you love, but every moment out of work is a moment wasted in not providing the money you need to sustain the things you love. 

and in the end you always feel like you are missing out on everything

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I've been helping out at a local charity store the past few months, the manager is a friend of mine and was in dire need of extra volunteer help. But the other day, her boss, and her bosses boss did a visit for various reasons. Then after they left, she was all "my bosses boss was impressed by you, he was saying you're obviously sharp and put together and..." insert several minutes of compliments and "he thought you could go far. Maybe you should consider taking the the assistant manager volunteer position and maybe in time it could become a paying thing".

Maybe it's my overly cynical nature, but the guy spoke about 3 sentences to me while i was there. I know I can be charming, but that's really not enough to produce several minutes worth of overly flowing compliments about my abilities. Then push to try to get me to take on more responsibility with the addendum it's still a volunteer non-paying job but "oh would look nice on your CV."

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well that and the whole aura of BS about their pitch

• Like 1

Eh, a lateral move with a slightly upward trajectory. Why not? Dont want to deal with the extra responsibility for the same no-pay?

Abusing that's is systematic at my workplace, which isn't a small charity or anything. It's got 30k employees and is government owned, but if you take on any position with responsibility you might get more working hours, but you don't get a raise or anything.

The responsibilities, stress and general worries are slowly getting to me. I'm on the verge of becoming violent at people some days.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Eh, a lateral move with a slightly upward trajectory. Why not? Dont want to deal with the extra responsibility for the same no-pay?

Abusing that's is systematic at my workplace, which isn't a small charity or anything. It's got 30k employees and is government owned, but if you take on any position with responsibility you might get more working hours, but you don't get a raise or anything.

The responsibilities, stress and general worries are slowly getting to me. I'm on the verge of becoming violent at people some days.

Yes. A lot of charities do seem to have that in them. The gradual emotional pressure on volunteers to put more time in because "there's no one else to do it" and the "Can you just help us cover this because so and so is off sick" and then you've suddenly got them pushing you to volunteer over 30 hours a week and piling responsibilities on top.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yes. A lot of charities do seem to have that in them. The gradual emotional pressure on volunteers to put more time in because "there's no one else to do it" and the "Can you just help us cover this because so and so is off sick" and then you've suddenly got them pushing you to volunteer over 30 hours a week and piling responsibilities on top.

Yeah, also, they easily use any friendship you've developed there aswell, being buddylike and all that to get you to do even more.

The people that did my job before me lasted for about one year before they got burnt out, and my friend who used to do the same I do went back to just lifting packages instead and is now going to study to be a nurse, which he feels is much less draining. Also means that my chances of actually getting any vacation this year dropped to zero since he would be the one to take my spot for a few weeks. Yay.

both my father and me are opposed to the concept of volunteer work for any organization (be it a business or a charity or whatever else). each volunteer who naively wants to help with the cause, is doing for free what could be a payed job. if you have 10 volunteers feeding 500 homeless, why not make it 10 working and payed ex homeless feeding the other 490? maybe eventually some of the 10 will move on to some other job and you can hire some of the other 490 homeless to get them out of the slums.

the volunteer system perpetuates the problem by not allowing the number of homeless people to decrease and this is how the top brass of the charities want it, because if they gave an actual solution the charity would lose it's reason to exist and they would lose millions in tax free donations... or their money laundering machine, because let's be honest here, most rich people dump illegal profits into their own privately owned tax free venues like charities and use them as their personal tax free bank account.

-Teknoman2-

See, this is why empathy is a weakness.

See, this is why empathy is a weakness.

Be careful to not slip into apathy. Because apathy is death. ;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.