What you did today

Gorth

it didnt even look like a kitten when it came out... it was more like a lump of ground meat. its funny though how these little critters move like animatronics from the 80s

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

she made a total of 3 kittens. the last time she ate was at lunch yesterday and then with all the effort of birth she had no energy to move from her spot or even eat. then today at lunch she just came out and started demanding food meowing at the top of her lungs. as soon as she had her fill, she went and took her kittens and moved them to some place where she can keep them hidden

• Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

My sexy Mazda6 now even sexier with tints:

2LC26IR.jpg

Made even sexier with a stylish, classy, tasteful America's Team decal:

gNSp1fs.jpg

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Made even sexier with a stylish, classy, tasteful America's Team decal:

hjKApIC.jpg

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Apparently, it's considered somewhat odd when heavy stormy weather is happening, and the rain is striking down forcefully enough to bounce high...  To wrap up warm, put on waterproofs, a wide brimmed hat, gloves, and then sit out in the rain with the kindle in a ziploc baggy and read.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

my mother decided at age 62 to learn how to drive so she asked me to teach her. i gave her some practical advice so she can start the car smoothly at 1st gear and go forward at low speed but she can't help herself from slamming the brakes instead of pushing the pedal softly and just can't remember to keep the clutch pressed when she stops the car so it keeps stalling. the first lesson was earlier today in an empty parking lot and the moment i told her to take a left turn and bring the car around, she panicked and just slammed the brakes (obviously without pressing the clutch). she feels too intimidated by the task to do things calmly and i don't know if my car will survive the lessons

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

my mother decided at age 62 to learn how to drive so she asked me to teach her. i gave her some practical advice so she can start the car smoothly at 1st gear and go forward at low speed but she can't help herself from slamming the brakes instead of pushing the pedal softly and just can't remember to keep the clutch pressed when she stops the car so it keeps stalling. the first lesson was earlier today in an empty parking lot and the moment i told her to take a left turn and bring the car around, she panicked and just slammed the brakes (obviously without pressing the clutch). she feels too intimidated by the task to do things calmly and i don't know if my car will survive the lessons

I know this is something you can't control (you own the car you own) but an automatic would be so much easier for a first-timer (especially an elderly first-timer) to learn on.  If you know anyone willing to let her learn on a 'matic to start that would help tremendously (she can learn stick later...  or not).

Edit: As an aside, I would have bought a stick shift except that I live in Charlotte, and a stick shift in a major city is a terrible idea, hence why I got a 'matic.  It has sport mode and I can put it into manual too (not geared the same as a true stick shift, though), but I almost never use manual (except a couple times just to try it out) nor sport mode, because the car has plenty of get up n go for my purposes in regular 'matic mode (enough acceleration that if I pull into a road and realize that I just cut someone off that I can floor it and it accelerates quickly enough that I won't be too much of an ***hole in that scenario).

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

i miss my Toyota celica

Celicas were nice, sort of the little cousin of the Supra.  By that same token, I miss Mazda RX's.  They are making a new one, the RX-9, in 2019, though I don't know if they'll make it a production car or if it will just remain a super limited production concept car.  I kinda think Mazda will make it a production run, for a year or two, anyway.  They seem intent on keeping the Wakel rotary engine alive.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I know this is something you can't control (you own the car you own) but an automatic would be so much easier for a first-timer (especially an elderly first-timer) to learn on.  If you know anyone willing to let her learn on a 'matic to start that would help tremendously (she can learn stick later...  or not).

Edit: As an aside, I would have bought a stick shift except that I live in Charlotte, and a stick shift in a major city is a terrible idea, hence why I got a 'matic.  It has sport mode and I can put it into manual too (not geared the same as a true stick shift, though), but I almost never use manual (except a couple times just to try it out) nor sport mode, because the car has plenty of get up n go for my purposes in regular 'matic mode (enough acceleration that if I pull into a road and realize that I just cut someone off that I can floor it and it accelerates quickly enough that I won't be too much of an ***hole in that scenario).

automatics over here are one in a million. 99% of drivers drive stick and all of them look down on those driving automatics. the consensus is: automatics are for people who don't know how to drive!

the problem is not the transmission though, its my mother's "scaredy cat" attitude towards driving that makes her go into panic mode in the middle of an empty parking lot.

-Teknoman2-

I will buy an RX-9 in 4 years. It is written in stone.

It's an amazing looking car (in its current concept form):

mazda-rx-vision-concept-001-1.jpg

2017-02-15_16-48-45.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ok, that looks expensive. I will have an RX-9 if they keep it under $35k, I should say. :p

The RX-8 was pretty reasonably priced, so I hope they keep that trend. 

Edited by Hurlshot

I will buy an RX-9 in 4 years. It is written in stone.

It's an amazing looking car (in its current concept form):

mazda-rx-vision-concept-001-1.jpg

2017-02-15_16-48-45.jpg

i find the design pointlessly long. i think it would look better if the part from the door to the front bumper was 20-25% shorter, the rest is fine

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

I just blew about $80 on playing cards. I forgot I even had this weakness!

Two are pre-marked decks and ones a stripper deck. And then some decks that simply looked pretty. :(

And I might mark up one of my bicycle decks when I get home. Never done it before, but now's the time to try.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Updating resume based on more office freaking out. Did listen to some Sepultura to tune it out. Nice band, early stuff is like Slayer without the sucking. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I completed my part of a major study at work last night. I just zipped up and e-mailed all the data just now. We have a meeting at 1 PM today for discussion and then my role in it ends. Being low on the totem pole has it's advantages sometimes but it also means being left behind when things start to get interesting. But starting tomorrow I'm finally going to take that vacation I put off when Tommy got sick. It won't feel right without him though. I was going to take the pups to Cedar Key in Florida back then but now, I don't know where we're going. Maybe we'll load up the truck, drive north and see where we end up.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Two are pre-marked decks and ones a stripper deck. And then some decks that simply looked pretty. :(

And I might mark up one of my bicycle decks when I get home. Never done it before, but now's the time to try.

... You should blow those 80 bucks on helping me move back to Minneapolis

https://www.gofundme.com/olivers-going-back-to-the-midwest

The bloody truck is expensive, and any proceeds I don't use will go to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

(hopeful shilling to help make ends meet)

i miss my Toyota celica

Celicas were nice, sort of the little cousin of the Supra.  By that same token, I miss Mazda RX's.  They are making a new one, the RX-9, in 2019, though I don't know if they'll make it a production car or if it will just remain a super limited production concept car.  I kinda think Mazda will make it a production run, for a year or two, anyway.  They seem intent on keeping the Wakel rotary engine alive.

Get a GT86. They should be cheap because they'll be refreshing the design soon.

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Amusing moment today as a coworker was talking about how to pickup girls and asked me if I "got game". I thought he meant games so responded with "Yeah like 100 on Steam and near 300 on GOG. Too many!", his deadpan stare back was pretty rich.

Kind of no wonder our company is so ****ed when we do this instead of work during the day :lol:

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Beats doing what I do and complain about foreign truckdrivers and lorries all day :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

... You should blow those 80 bucks on helping me move back to Minneapolis

https://www.gofundme.com/olivers-going-back-to-the-midwest

The bloody truck is expensive, and any proceeds I don't use will go to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

(hopeful shilling to help make ends meet)

It's too late, bruv! I've already got the cards and they are magnificent. Almost makes me wish I had poker buddies to cheat.

Good luck, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

today i got my mother out for her second driving lesson. at first she didn't do too well because she just could not regulate the gas pedal and was almost always redlining the rpm with the clutch pressed and almost started doing burnouts as she tried to let go of the clutch to start moving. then i gave some thought to how i press the pedal and told her instead of pressing it, to just let the weight of the foot rest on it without putting any strength and that did the trick. then she started going around smoothly and changed gears a few times too. the advice seems to have helped with braking too since she didn't slam the brakes like usual

still, she keeps on panicking at the drop of a hat

• Like 2

-Teknoman2-

Man, I should go for my driver's license some day. I'm getting close to 30... but mandatory driving lessons here are pretty expensive, and I have a slight traffic-phobia that makes me not trust myself with a combustion-driven hunk of speed metal. >_>