Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Planescape Torment: Special abilities and spells.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

kensu

kensu

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 85 posts

NOTE: This is in reference to the original version, not the EE one.

Currently in order to use a spell or special ability I need to do the following:

1. Click on the TNO or other party member to bring up their radial menu.

2. Click on the category on the radial menu (Mage Spellbook or Special Abilities)

3. Click on the spell or special ability I've chosen.

4. Select a target.

Up until this point it's all well and good, but once I select a target the radial menu stays open, and I have to hit esc to close it, which really feels clunky. in BG and BG2 you don't have this problem since the spells and ability appears on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.

Is there a better way to access these abilities, and I'm just not seeing it? I noticed that you can assign a hotkey to any spell or ability in the game (!) but that seems like overkill.

(BTW, does this mean that Planescape:Torment invented the radial menu that went onto be used in NWN and TOEE?)

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1402 posts
  • Steam:Ask!

Unless there's a hidden submenu somewhere I've never seen (...I'm pretty sure there isn't), yep, that's it.

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I really don't remember that escape part, cant you just right click somewhere to close it or something?

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

If you right click somewhere it'll move the wheel to where you just right clicked.

I don't have the game installed to check how you close the wheel, though.

kensu

kensu

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 85 posts

I really don't remember that escape part, cant you just right click somewhere to close it or something?

Yep, that ended up doing it. After you select a target, right-click will close the menu. Thanks!

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ah, I was wrong. Cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users