after reading countless of topics on this forum/reddit/steam I am still unsure what would be the best itemization for my frontline. I know its not necessary to have everything "optimal" to beat the game, however I love min-maxing so I would like to know from the experience members what they think is optimal.
I am using pretty much a balanced party: lvl 9 party, just about to do WM1. My main is a tanky DPS paladin with 2-hander (currently using Tidefall and Sanguine plate), then I have 1handed weapon+shield tank (using Argwes Adra + Oidhrecht, somehow trying to spec him for damage) and pure DPS barbarian (dual saber, shod-in-faith, Blaidh Golan). For my backline I have DPS/CC wizard, buffer/debuffer/dps priest and dps blunderbuss cipher).
My main concern is not the backline, but the frontline. I would like to keep 1 char as dual wielder (barbarian as it is should be best for it I assume?), then 1 char should be using 2-hander and 1handed weapon and shield. Some questions:
1) I am unsure if I should use the 2-hander with paladin and 1handed weapon+Shield with fighter or if it would be better the other way around. What would be the best talents/abilities and attributes for such builds? (currently I have those attributes: 2H paladin 18/10/12/10/15/10, 1handed weapon+shield fighter 18/10/10/9/17/12 and dual wield barbarian has 16/14/9/15/16/5).
2) Is it possible to do a solid damage with 1handed weapon+shield? If so, how? What would be the ideal setup?
3) Who would be the best to put the Sanguine plate on from my frontliners?
4) What would be the best weapons to dual wield for my barbarian? Should I stick with resolution+purgatory/bittercut, or are there some better combinations?
5) Who should use the Unlaboured blade? Would it be best to dual wield it with some other weapon with my barbarian or just use it with the shield char?