Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Politics 2017 Act 6

Politics 2017

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16947 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Dude, the face the middle guy is doing is not the face of someone trying to be 'sinister'. LMAO

• Valsuelm likes this

Namutree

Namutree

Compulsive Double Poster of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

On the mildly diverting, the question has to be asked... are they specifically trying to look sinister?

18558715_10155350889430746_8292523748613

The Orb will give them the power to finally defeat the free people's and the world shall fall.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3165 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Dude in the middle makes a face that reminds me more of Monty Python or something.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6914 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

On the mildly diverting, the question has to be asked... are they specifically trying to look sinister?

perhaps an early audition as skeksis for the upcoming dark crystal remake.

HA! Good Fun!

• Androoh likes this

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5239 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

- The guy on the left seems to be embarressed to share energy with the two other guys

- The guy in the middle realizes that his energy isn't shared, it's fact depleting

- Trump is happily stealing their energy, what a bunch of bakas

What's this silly thing with glowing globes and chrystals? What's next? checking the milk from the cow? reading the future from the bottom of a coffee cup?

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2182 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The guy on the left is Egypt's president Al-Sisi, he probably is embarrassed to share a globe with the other two. I'd forgive King Salman for looking a bit off, he's widely rumoured to have Alzheimer's Disease. Trump looks like prequel era Star Wars' Palpatine in a fat suit and wearing a ludicrous hair piece.

• Raithe and Chilloutman like this

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5152 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Saudi Arabia’s $20 billion wager with Blackstone is record-sized bet on U.S. infrastructure.

#winning

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 546 posts

I meant to post this last week. The Great State on Tennessee, my home state, is now offering free college for qualifying state residents. You heard that correctly. If you are a citizen of the state of Tennessee of any age, you may attend college here tuition free. The requirements are that you have resided as a permanent resident of this state for one year. That you take enough classes to qualify as a pat time student. And that you maintain a 2.0 GPA. You mat then take any degree program offered at any community college for free, courtesy of the folks who buy lottery tickets. This state is as red as it gets. Except for just two counties and one congressional seat the Democrat Party controls nothing here. One wonders why this does not get more media attention?

http://money.cnn.com...munity-college/

• Meshugger and redneckdevil like this

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts

I meant to post this last week. The Great State on Tennessee, my home state, is now offering free college for qualifying state residents. You heard that correctly. If you are a citizen of the state of Tennessee of any age, you may attend college here tuition free. The requirements are that you have resided as a permanent resident of this state for one year. That you take enough classes to qualify as a pat time student. And that you maintain a 2.0 GPA. You mat then take any degree program offered at any community college for free, courtesy of the folks who buy lottery tickets. This state is as red as it gets. Except for just two counties and one congressional seat the Democrat Party controls nothing here. One wonders why this does not get more media attention?

a red state indeed.

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2693 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Because the media is run for profit and stories about Trump holding a globe with a king will get more clicks and thus more ad revenue than free community college in Tennessee.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8429 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

I always thought the entire point of community colleges is that they are as close to free as possible. Of course, here in the super expensive Bay Area, that isn't the reality.  :(

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2693 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I always thought the entire point of community colleges is that they are as close to free as possible. Of course, here in the super expensive Bay Area, that isn't the reality.  :(

They're certainly inexpensive compared to a university, but tutition is still fairly expensive of you're making minimum wage and paying rent.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6914 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

hmm.  gd sounds a bit like trump complaining 'bout media lack o' terrorism coverage.  is maybe not sooper convincing to use a cnn link to convince lack o' coverage, eh?  

https://www.google.c...ge free&tbm=nws

btw, the original TN program got plenty o' attention 2.5 years ago on these boards and elsewhere.

http://forums.obsidi...lege/?p=1555052

regardless, as much as we support these kinda programs, the tn approach would also get more attention if the numbers o' college graduates were better.  most stories proclaim how many folks attended college, but the numbers o' actual grads has been disappointing. need to get folks degrees as 'posed to simple getting 'em a bit o' college. am knowing amentep is annoyed by the misrepresentation o' the benefits o' a college education.  he is correct, but one needs be extreme myopic to ignore the correlation 'tween long-term monetary success in the US and the possession o' a college degree.  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir, Today, 09:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users