Largely cross posted (with some editing) from my post on the Pathfinder ACG subreddit where I was looking to see if any of the community was experiencing similar issues or whether my save file is somehow corrupted, because the sheer quantity of bugs as I move through adventure decks 4, 5 and 6 (many of which were not occurring early in the adventure) is staggering.
Note this is for the Pathfinder Digital ACG on Android. It is an up-to-date version.
Issue #10 is, by far, the most gamebreaking one, and one that I have experienced 3 times, each of them have ultimately caused me to forfeit a scenario due to the intense damage and frustration caused, and has probably put me off from playing the digital version of the game any further for the time being.
Issues have included, but not limited to:
1. Characters having 'exclamation points' to indicate they could help in a check outside of their turn, but frequently being incorrect. Seelah in particular almost ALWAYS has one, which I think is because it thinks she can use Inspired Grace on other turns. This tends to get worse as a scenario runs on, with it rarely popping up early on.
2. Medusa Mask, when used by Amiri and then Amiri moves at end of turn, 'drags' the monster away to where she moves to, rather than staying at the proper location deck. Very upsetting when a leader pops out in a new location when I thought I'd locked it on a different location deck! (Note this has been identified on these forums previously)
3. When trying to use Amiri's Barbarian Rage with an empty hand, or hands where all of my cards are already revealed for use in the check - specifically with the Frothing Rage modification that allows me to bury from my deck instead - the extra bonus and dice are added immediately without any card actually being buried. That is to say, from an empty hand I get it for 'free', no need to bury a card at all. This could be construed as a small exploit, and given that there is a progression system in the game that takes the place of microtranscations, that renders it as a possibly significant concern, and I've found it perfectly replicable on my Adventure save.
4. Certain powers not functioning when not on a players turn, apparently for no reason. Specifically, the "Shaman" ally (that allows each character at your location to randomly 'heal' a card from discard) never lets me press the 'continue' button after selecting characters if its played on any turn but the owner of the ally.
5. Sometimes heals just... don't work, at all. As in, Seelah has 6 cards in discard, I roll 4 to heal 5 (nobody else at the location to target), and... she still has 6 cards in discard. Mostly happens when I try to heal during a different character's turn and click through the die-roll animation quickly.
6. Seelah's Inspired Grace bonus being ignored if I 'roll' the dice before the animation is finished, even though the dice shows up - the value isn't counted.
7. Various oddities with buffs. For example, when I discard a dagger to improve my attack with, say, a sword, with Valeros, the bonus is applied normally... but I get a prompt to use the Close Quarters effect, though I'm not making a ranged attack. Clicking it usually gives me an extra flat +1 for... no given reason. I believe the 1d4+1 being given by what I'm discarding is having the flat +1 applied again for no apparent reason.
8. Various bugs with timing. For example, I move Amiri at end-of-turn to a temple, which causes her to discard, and then boots her to the exploration phase (allowing her to explore again if she uses a blessing/ally), and then when she ends her turn again ignoring the move herself or move-other capability. She never gets to move another, in fact. Also, weirdness has occurred where I've reset my hand, then triggered some end-of-turn effect, location-based usually, and then been forced/allowed to discard or recharge, and then it resets my hand again.
9. Questionable rules interpretation. When a location states "you may only play one card in a check, regardless of type"... the fact I have a blizzard or incendiary cloud out before the check begins prevents me from playing in anything at all? Is that intentional? That is, before my exploration phase, I play Blizzard on myself, then I explore and encounter a creature and suddenly cannot use anything in my hand whatsoever.
A lot of the above bugs have occurred when multiple effects try to resolve simultaneously. The final listed one here, though, is actively game-breaking and I've had multiple issues with, and is further making me consider whether my save file has an issue, since I find it impossible to think that it would have passed QA.
10. Muck Graul is broken beyond measure when two characters, neither with the capacity for fire damage, are on the same location as it when its encountered. In multiple different circumstances I've been in that position and the following occurs (using the character names of Valeros and Amiri for demonstration, as both have run into this exact bug).
-One character (Valeros) encounters and fights Muck Graul. Passes the combat check, but doesn't have the fire trait. As a part of Muck Graul's effect, the other character on location encounters it.
-The second character (Amiri) encounters and fights Muck Graul. Passes the combat check, but doesn't have the fire trait.
-The UI shows the Muck Graul icon below the location deck... and another Muck Graul is summoned, fighting Amiri again. Sometimes it seems to switch back to Valeros here. (Bug #10.1)
-Every time the Muck Graul is defeated, it appears to be resummoned over and over, usually against the same character. Furthermore, the location deck size is increasing as this occurs, presumably as more Muck Grauls are thrown in, as the indicator for the number of Monster cards is also increasing.
-By returning to main menu and pressing continue, or even by hard-resetting the app by closing and re-opening the game, I return to the last Muck Graul fight I was in. Defeating this Muck Graul does end the cycle... but I'm left on the character's turn whom was last fighting it, even if they didn't originally encounter it. In this scenario, I am now on Amiri's turn, not Valeros'. (Bug #10.2)
-Further explorations of that location deck will be Muck Graul. Specifically, I believe that each Muck Graul was being stacked on the top, not the bottom, of the location deck for some reason, since repeat explorations (with each bug being partially controlled by closing and re-opening the app) repeatedly will encounter Muck Graul over and over, with the location deck size only decreasing if I actually deal with a Muck Graul with fire, and only repeatedly doing that for every time the Muck Graul 'replicated' , exploration by exploration, to have a hope of clearing them from the deck. (Bug #10.3)
The infinite Muck Graul fights keep turning up, and adjusting my decks to prevent the largely gamebreaking state is infeasible unless I jump back to an earlier adventure and start downscaling/downpowering my deck through multiple largely pointless run throughs of earlier scenarios for weak fire-based weapons (of which very few exist outside of Treasure-chest only cards), or level up a new character.
Once again, I recognize for the distinct possibility that the sheer quantity of bugs may be due to a save file issue rather than a game one, in which case I'd like guidance as to how to possibly 'fix' my save (preferably without losing over 5 adventures, most of which were completed through both Normal and Heroic, and some in Legendary, and multiple levelled characters, all in progress)... and understand how that could have happened in the first place. I've owned the digital game for about 20 days, and whilst I've played it heavily, I do not understand how it could be displaying such issues after such a short time.
Edited by Yewstance, 23 May 2017 - 01:46 PM.