So, Cleansing Flames sounds to be kind of broken. I'm reading it's description right now. Could you clarify what does "-5 Duration of active beneficial effects for 5.0 sec" and "+100 Damage Over Time tick rate for 5.0 sec" mean, exactly? It's kind of convoluted.
There is more 'broken' stuff in the game
What the spell does is:
- affects the enemy with a single-target DoT, that deals 80 burning damage over 5s (base values)
- reduces the duration of beneficial buffs on the target by 5s. For example enemy uses Disciplined Barrage. It's duration will be 10s instead of 15s. Or if the enemy is affected by Herald aura (which iirc has 5s duration and ticks every 3s, right?) - he won't get any benefit from it at all.
- doubles the tick rate of all DoTs on the target, for it's duration.
How does it translate into doubling the tick rate? What does tick rate mean here, anyway? 150 raw damage over 18s becomes 150 raw damage over 9s? Or it becomes 300 raw damage over 18s?
Closer to the latter. When a DoT ticks on a target affected by Cleansing Flames, there will be two ticks instead of one.
Take note through that CF has base duration of 5s. So at 10 MIG / 10 INT:
- No CF + 150 raw damage over 15s DoT; results in 7 ticks of 21.42 dmg
- CF + 150 raw damage over 15s DoT; results in 9 ticks of 21.42 dmg, i.e. 192.8 dmg over 15s; unless you recast CF on that target, or it jumps back.
The true beauty of CF is through: casting 4 Shining Beacons (which all stack), and then follow with CF, which basically means that target suffers from 8 instances of Shinning Beacon at the same time. And a buffed priest deals ~250 fire damage via single Beacon alone. You can see how Alpine Dragon goes from barely injured to dead in 10s: link
Edited by MaxQuest, 11 May 2017 - 01:41 AM.