Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Portrait request for devs...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

rheingold

rheingold

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
So one of the very few issues I had with POE was the lack of portraits for orlans, wild orlans and aumaua. One of the major reasons I didn't play them that much. Now I don't know much of game production so I'm not sure when they actually work on portraits, but it would be really nice if and when they have new portraits, particularly for the afore mentioned races, they would release them. Deadfire is a continuation of the first game and I'd like use the same characters. That includes the portraits. It's not a problem for most races, as I have portraits I really like, but poor orlans really got the short end of the stick. Obviously I'd like to start a few new playthroughs to get ready for Deadfire otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by rheingold, 03 May 2017 - 03:11 AM.

• Selky, Faerunner, Katarack21 and 2 others like this

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2066 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

1) Will they have "updated to the new graphics" versions of all the old portraits? Because I'm going to need to both a specific portrait, and to have that portrait get one eye all ****ed up looking.

It's *important*.

DrTomT18

DrTomT18

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Steam:dr_tom_t18
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'd like more 'older guy' portraits

• Bill Gates' Son and injurai like this

FlintlockJazz

FlintlockJazz

White Rabbit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1644 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

More Orlans full stop, more Dwarves and ones that include the PoE specific versions of dwarves (swashbuckling Vailian dwarves for instance) instead of just the stereotypical fantasy ones.

• illathid, Faerunner, Silent Winter and 2 others like this

smjjames

smjjames

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 365 posts

More Orlans full stop, more Dwarves and ones that include the PoE specific versions of dwarves (swashbuckling Vailian dwarves for instance) instead of just the stereotypical fantasy ones.

There's already plenty of human and dwarven ones, the Orlan and Aumaua portraits are the ones that need more of.

• Faerunner likes this

FlintlockJazz

FlintlockJazz

White Rabbit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1644 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

There's already plenty of human and dwarven ones, the Orlan and Aumaua portraits are the ones that need more of.

I said more orlans, and there are not plenty of dwarven ones and none of them fit the Vailian theme despite being one of the two main races from there. 

Piero

Piero

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

It would be cool some kind of portrait maker, a base for every race, and different facial features, expressions, pigmentation, clothes, godlike features, maybe some class elements, to choose from.

Edited by Piero, 04 May 2017 - 10:51 AM.

injurai

injurai

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 677 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Me, but as a beautiful woman. I'd totes be a bombshell.

Selky

Selky

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

I'd love this too, I'd rather have the portrait now (or before release) so I can use it from the start of PoE1.

• rheingold and draego like this

draego

draego

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ye it would be great if they release portraits as soon as they create them so we can make POE1 runs.

• rheingold likes this

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4386 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It would be cool some kind of portrait maker, a base for every race, and different facial features, expressions, pigmentation, clothes, godlike features, maybe some class elements, to choose from.

Or at least tintable portraits, with multiple color channels.

Wormerine

Wormerine

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Or at least tintable portraits, with multiple color channels.

Neat idea, but I can't see it happening without dropping portrait quality by quite a bit. I don't think that hand drawn shaders would translate well unless they would hand every single item. I suppose, this is where 3d models shine. It is not something I have a big problem personally though.

AW8

AW8

Shadow Assassin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I just had a thought about portraits. Now that the graphical detail of character faces has been improved, and we have several options to customize our character's face, I think it's even more important to include less defined portraits I.e. veiled faces. In the first game I used a portrait of a guy with a pulled-down hood as the discrepancies with my 3D model's face were mostly hidden.

So more Nazgûls, niqābs and ninjas in the portraits please.

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 519 posts

So one of the very few issues I had with POE was the lack of portraits for orlans, wild orlans and aumaua. One of the major reasons I didn't play them that much. Now I don't know much of game production so I'm not sure when they actually work on portraits, but it would be really nice if and when they have new portraits, particularly for the afore mentioned races, they would release them. Deadfire is a continuation of the first game and I'd like use the same characters. That includes the portraits. It's not a problem for most races, as I have portraits I really like, but poor orlans really got the short end of the stick. Obviously I'd like to start a few new playthroughs to get ready for Deadfire otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm pretty hairy. So I use my own portrait for a Wild Orlan pcs. It works.
  • Katarack21 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users