Avantyr

Question

There's a lot of bugs in the game.

1. Completing daily quests doesn't register.

I just cleared the required quest with only Lem and nothing. It's happened with the clear on Legendary as well.

2.Whenever I open chests I get 50% of items from the B deck and the rest from the first 2 decks. I only care about getting more deck 6 items and I get one every 7 chests, if I'm lucky... Am I supposed to do something to improve the odds?

3. Teleport sometimes moves characters from different zones as well.

It happened to me in the battle for the dam when I cast it with Seoni, Lini was moved as well.

4. Acquiring allies with spells or cards, even when it's from the deck doesn't trigger the close location option.

5. (The worst one) whenever I use the "move at the end of your turn" location power the game gets stuck and I can't do anything. Relaunching the game multiple times can randomly "fix" it, but it's still annoying.

6. Allies often have the ! as if they had something they can do despite not being the case.

7. The treasure book that you can reveal at the end of the turn to draw a new spell doesn't work correctly, it doesn't ask to banish another spell.

I'm probably forgetting a lot of them..

5 answers to this question

Here are a few answers I can quickly think of..

> 1. Completing daily quests doesn't register.

There may still be a couple daily quests that are bugged and don't work, or just don't display the UI progress bar when completed.  I know for sure that the "Beat x Legendary" scenarios works fine, but you may need to force-quit/restart the app to see the progress bar get updated.

> 2. Whenever I open chests I get 50% of items from the B deck and the rest from the first 2 decks. I only care about getting more deck 6 items and I get one every 7 chests, if I'm lucky... Am I supposed to do something to improve the odds?

Nope.  The odds are what they are.  Maybe a later update will rebalance the treasure table or offer other options, but as it stands, there is nothing you can do.  Though, the treasure cards are weighted more along rarity than AD.  On average, the distribution for Uncommon/Rare/Epic/Legendary should look something like 60%/20%/15%/1%, with the rest being dice and character alts.

> 4. Acquiring allies with spells or cards, even when it's from the deck doesn't trigger the close location option.

Do you have a specific example?  It may not be a bug, just the game being strict  about how it interprets rules.  Acquire specifically means "successfully pass a check to acquire" and is different than, for instance, using Charm Person to "draw a new ally" into your hand.

> 5. (The worst one) whenever I use the "move at the end of your turn" location power the game gets stuck and I can't do anything. Relaunching the game multiple times can randomly "fix" it, but it's still annoying.

Try bringing up the vault in-game, then exiting.  The Vault-Return Trick (VRT) is a common workaround for UI problems when the game loses track of an action it is in the middle of executing.

> 6. Allies often have the ! as if they had something they can do despite not being the case.

Yeah, that has been with us since the beginning.  Even if they don't have any cards or powers to offer, sometimes characters still want to help because they're team players!

Edited by Ethics Gradient

> 1. Completing daily quests doesn't register.

You are right. They seem to get registered retroactively, but it can take a while. Despite resetting the game.

> 2. Whenever I open chests I get 50% of items from the B deck and the rest from the first 2 decks.

The odds are what they are.

Even with those odds, having opened hundreds of chests I'm getting at least 1 from deck one and deck B pretty much every roll which is unrelated to the rarity odds you mentioned.

> 4. I'm talking about cards like dominate, but I guess that could be a mix up in the language.

> 4. I'm talking about cards like dominate, but I guess that could be a mix up in the language.

Not too much of a mix-up.  The game uses specific terms in specific ways, and it gets pretty difficult to sort out sometimes.  

Using Dominate as an example, "search your location deck for a boon and add it to your hand" should not activate the scenario power in Local Heroes stating: "If you acquire an ally, you may immediately attempt to close your location."   The reason being that summoning a boon from the vault or choosing one from a location deck are not the same as encountering and successfully passing the Check to Acquire shown in the top-right of a card.  In a plain-language sense, you're "acquiring" the card either way, but as far as game logic goes, acquiring happens only after a check is passed.

It is a similar sort of logic that doesn't allow you to close a location if you encounter the Goblin Raid barrier card.  Yes, you may have defeated a henchman, but it wasn't a henchmen you encountered by flipping the top card of the location deck.

As far as the treasure stats go, sorry for the rough luck.  Maybe there's something cooking on the back-end for the coming patch.  It has probably been several months since the last time anyone here tried to determine what was going on with the drop rates.  I don't remember seeing anything weighed too heavily towards B/1 cards.

In any case I'm hoping to get a reply from someone official. It doesn't make sense that I keep getting deck B and 1 items, I opened another 10 chests today and more than half were from those decks and all rolls had a deck B item.

I expect that something like the last stages beaten or the deck number to have some effect on the draws. Otherwise I don't get it.