I'd like a customizable ship.

If you look in the Fig updates, the ship will be really customizeable.

I don't know if this is the unofficial suggestions thread, but here goes:

You know the gesturing portraits that you have during conversations (with companions and most NPCs) in Tyranny? That might be something cool to add in.

I'd like a customizable ship.

If you look in the Fig updates, the ship will be really customizeable.

I don't know if this is the unofficial suggestions thread, but here goes:

You know the gesturing portraits that you have during conversations (with companions and most NPCs) in Tyranny? That might be something cool to add in.

Most, if not all, interactible NPCs are planned to have unique water colour portraits displayed in conversations.

Every quest giving NPC in the game, that is hundreds of unique watercolor portraits, and those with painting portrait are going to have a watercolor version for scripted interactions.

For every gesture that they do or just a single one for each? I did say in my thread that I understood that PoE2 is MUCH larger than Tyranny is. PoE1 is already significantly larger than Tyranny.

• Like 1

A really minor one would be to properly have lionesses WITHOUT manes, because not doing it for the lionesses is just lazy.

Just a minor nitpick of mine.

Maybe they were just doing their own thing!

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2106866-five-wild-lionesses-grow-a-mane-and-start-acting-like-males/

• Like 1

The ability to rest until a specific part of the day, like dawn, noon, dusk, or midnight.

Ed.: dust => dusk

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 3

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Stamina, accuracy, deflection values should be independent of class selection and be determined by level, attributes, and talents. Multiclassing would make the PoE class values wonky in Deadfire.

The Knight weapon group needs another weapon, it's the only weapon group with 4 weapons while the others have 5.

For flavor it would be cool if any class changes were noticed by companions. Nothing major, but like a throw away line from Aloth being surprised you're using a grimoire if you weren't a wizard in PoE or Eder wondering where your mental powers went if you were a cipher.

The final battle of Fulvano's voyage should be a Kraken battle.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

In every single dialogue there should be an option that indicates that the character is emotionally ok with the situation. 

That already exists, if you have the 'show personality/reputation' option checked, it'll show you that. I assume it'll be the same for PoE2.

Edited by smjjames

I don't know if they're the same team that worked on Tyranny (probably not), but there are certainly lots of UI enhancements that can be learned from there.

I know a few people from Tyranny are working on Deadfire, most notably a couple of the lead writers. I know they're implementing a couple of UI elements from Tyranny onto Deadfire, but we'll see how much. That said I personally was not too keen on the 3D portraits, much prefer a more traditional aesthetic for them.

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

The Knight weapon group needs another weapon, it's the only weapon group with 4 weapons while the others have 5.

Weapon groups aren't a thing anymore. The current plan is for there to be weapon proficiencies for individual weapons which won't raise accuracy but will provide additional options for using them (previously mentioned examples include a savage attack modal for greatswords, a vulnerable attack modal for estocs, and a modal to wield pistols as clubs, afair; see https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/5rju7y/link_deadfire_qa_session_with_josh_sawyer_1h05m/dd867io/ for details).

One thing I'd like to see is the introduction of faction antipathy-based quest talents (similar to Faction wrath-based abilities in Tyranny) for those moments when you really and truly screw over one faction or another.

I'd also like to see reputations that aren't necessarily tied to disposition or faction/town relationships. For example, you might become infamous as a poisoner if you use lots of it in combat (especially in cities, where the corpses you leave behind are more likely to be seen/studied), a despoiler of Engwythan ruins, a pyromaniac if you use lots of fire spells/explosives, a habitual drug user (particularly since we have a subclass that is defined by its drug use), a trafficker/liberator of slaves, etc. Such reputations could probably be binary as opposed to ranked and may be niche enough to not require too much in terms of reactivity throughout the game while still adding a bit of spice to particular quests/interactions.

The game should also address potential hazards or implications of the Watcher's glimpses into others' lives a bit more. There are several instances where the narrative suggest that you're oblivious to the living world while you're experiencing more involved flashbacks of others' lives, but this always occurs during moments where you've yet to encounter or have more or less resolved any nearby threats; if the Watcher's as out of it as he/she seems during these moments, it seems like a waste not to get some tension out it at least once (maybe tie it to a Perception/Resolve check to see if you can effectively respond in the grip of a vision or something).

• Like 4

The ability to rest until a specific part of the day, like dawn, noon, dust, or midnight.

Given that they said that they're going to have lots more time-of-day contextual stuff, this would be very useful, important even. I forget what Fig update it was, but it was one of them where they said that they were giving more options for varied interactions like waiting until your target comes out for a smoke break or something, for example.

Theres already a few time-of-day contextual stuff in PoE1, the tides, one particlular ruin, Fishery workers being at work or not, and some other less notable ones.

Edited by smjjames

I don't know if they're the same team that worked on Tyranny (probably not), but there are certainly lots of UI enhancements that can be learned from there.

I know a few people from Tyranny are working on Deadfire, most notably a couple of the lead writers. I know they're implementing a couple of UI elements from Tyranny onto Deadfire, but we'll see how much. That said I personally was not too keen on the 3D portraits, much prefer a more traditional aesthetic for them.

They are working on new UI, but how much it will differ from original PoE remains to be seen. The conversations will use simpler water color portraits for all characters. 

They are working on new UI, but how much it will differ from original PoE remains to be seen. The conversations will use simpler water color portraits for all characters. 

I'm fine with that, it was just a thought that I had. It's also less work for them to do considering how many more important NPCs there will be in PoE2 compared to Tyranny.