Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Attributes

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2717 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
They should move away from attribute checks and more towards skill and class/ability checks.
  • Ganrich, dukeisaac, Fenixp and 1 other like this

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2086 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Well technically, if we're going lorewise, fighters, rogues etc. can cast spells. :)

From scrolls, yes. And they can use their soul-power to do strikes, but they can't cast actual spells from their own power, because they don't have the training to know how to do so.

Baltic

Baltic

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
True, but that also restricts offering magical alternatives to Might checks.

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4542 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Now I've got an image in my head like those movies where everyone stands in a circle holding a gun on one another, only with people holding magical scrolls.

"Put the scroll down!"

"You put YOUR scroll down!"

"Nobody move or I'm reading this scroll...and I'm a trained speed reader!"

"On the count of three, lets all put our scrolls down and talk this over like mature adults."

"Dangnabit Jethro, you can't dual wield scrolls, you just look stupid, you can't read either one and you're not covering anybody..."

etc.

• ShadySands, Messier-31, Regggler and 2 others like this

Fenixp

Fenixp

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1850 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

"Dangnabit Jethro, you can't dual wield scrolls, you just look stupid, you can't read either one and you're not covering anybody..."

• Amentep and FlintlockJazz like this

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4428 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

They should move away from attribute checks and more towards skill and class/ability checks.

They should use whatever makes the most sense for the circumstances.

• Katarack21 and Baltic like this

Kadayko

Kadayko

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 29 posts

The only thing about the whole might thing that was strange was that it was kinda treated like strength in the interactions, so my Wizard for whom I pumped might through the roof, so that those fireball really hurt, could also lift very heavy stuff, push down walls etc with his bare hands. 

tinysalamander

tinysalamander

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 313 posts

The only thing about the whole might thing that was strange was that it was kinda treated like strength in the interactions, so my Wizard for whom I pumped might through the roof, so that those fireball really hurt, could also lift very heavy stuff, push down walls etc with his bare hands. 

You channel all your fireball rage into fists. Also helps with not killing everyone else around you :cat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users