Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DONATIONS CLOSED - Item is funded! Thank you everyone! What kind of item should it be?

BIB Black Isle Bastards

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Poll: Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be? (56 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

1. Melee Weapon (17 votes [30.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.36%

2. Ranged Weapon (1 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

3. Magical Implement (Rod, Wand, Scepter) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Armor (6 votes [10.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

5. Shield (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Ring (4 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

7. Belt OR Gloves (1 votes [1.79%] - View)

8. Amulet (4 votes [7.14%] - View)

9. Boots (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

10. Cloak (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

11. Trinket (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

12. Hat (10 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

13. Helmet (1 votes [1.79%] - View)

14. Grimoire (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

15. other (please specify in the comments) (4 votes [7.14%] - View)

Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

1. yes (43 votes [76.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.79%

2. no (13 votes [23.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1908 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Only possible for the 3rd fighter subclass: B.A. Barracus. This subclass can also wear 10 necklaces.

But you have to give up all the bonuses from your turtleneck and one thin-ass chain.

PS: I'm still pimping the name "Beta Protocol". A weapon is always a last resort for a pirate, after all. What you *want* is a bloodless surrender.

Edited by Katarack21, Yesterday, 04:29 PM.

• ShadySands likes this

Lord_Mord

Lord_Mord

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 275 posts

Reading Fluffles post on astral traveling hippies and Obsidian properties, I kinda feel that it should be something that's worn, with some properties that reflect it's nature? The definition is a bit general like lots of new age stuff, but protective seems to be it's main function.

I don't think this neccessarily means it has to be an amulet or whatever. What about a bastard sword with some kind of guarding spell? Because the property lies in the material, it does not have to be a certain kind of item.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2218 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The reason I prefer an amulet (or some other kind of secondary item slot) is so that the most people can get some use out of it. Are you going to pick a magic sword over a soulbound weapon or a talking one? Is a ranged, unarmed, or caster type going to take one at all? Maybe but probably not that often.

That said, I'd be perfectly content with whatever is decided upon

...except for maybe hat and helm because I play a lot of godlikes :p

• Katarack21, rheingold, gogocactus and 1 other like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5535 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

What about a nice broad belt with obsidian plates or something that has room for more weapons (meaning it gives you Arms Bearer). Maybe this is difficult because what happens when you pick Arms Bearer as well AND are an Island Aumaua? Weapon Slot overflow?

What about a figurine that calls forth an obsidian animat (THE Black Isle Bouncer ;) ? I mean it could be the same model as an Adra Animat, just black.

I'm still intrigued by the idea of an item that summons an obsidian weapon - it's like two items in one. I really like the Forgemaster Gloves and the fact that summoned weapons use every Weapon Focus and also priests' weapon ACC talent. 

• ShadySands and gogocactus like this

Osvir

Osvir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3576 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

What about a nice beard

Fixed it (I'm also very tired xD)

​"Wtf beard?" *re-reads* "Oh..."

​The obsidian gem/ring/amulet/insignia thing sounds cool imo.

​Also, what if the item could be a morphing item? Forge it at the Black Isle, decide whether it's going to be a Sword, Axe, Dagger, Poleaxe, etc. or etch it into a ring, or amulet, etc.

​Someone mentioned lightsaber, and I started thinking now "What if it's a ring, and it's capable of manifesting a light, an illusion of a weapon". A Lightaxe, Lightsword, Lightdagger etc. the Player would get to decide which form it takes (to accomodate most playstyles). Maybe it could even have a Per Rest ability "Summon" or "Conjure", and either it takes up the characters weapon slot when summoned/conjured, or simply floating/hovering (Dancing Blades~).

Edited by Osvir, Today, 06:14 PM.

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1908 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

What about a nice beard

Fixed it (I'm also very tired xD)

​"Wtf beard?" *re-reads* "Oh..."

​The obsidian gem/ring/amulet/insignia thing sounds cool imo.

​Also, what if the item could be a morphing item? Forge it at the Black Isle, decide whether it's going to be a Sword, Axe, Dagger, Poleaxe, etc. or etch it into a ring, or amulet, etc.

​Someone mentioned lightsaber, and I started thinking now "What if it's a ring, and it's capable of manifesting a light, an illusion of a weapon". A Lightaxe, Lightsword, Lightdagger etc. the Player would get to decide which form it takes (to accomodate most playstyles). Maybe it could even have a Per Rest ability "Summon" or "Conjure", and either it takes up the characters weapon slot when summoned/conjured, or simply floating/hovering (Dancing Blades~).

Extremely complicated, although *very* cool.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BIB, Black Isle Bastards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users