Don't put good magic items right at the end of the game so you can't use them

I don't know, I really liked those Star Forge Robes at the end of the first KotOR, and I don't think that having them earlier would've improved the game any. I think *some* very late game items can be a good thing if done correctly.

• Like 1

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

I don't know, I really liked those Star Forge Robes at the end of the first KotOR, and I don't think that having them earlier would've improved the game any. I think *some* very late game items can be a good thing if done correctly.

Agreed. I think whats really the issue in PoE is when you have end game items that are the only magic varient for that weapon type that exist or the only other magic variant. Like hatchets for example there is only one to be found until you get to the last act...

It wasnt as bad as the BG series but some weapon types had way more magic versions than other types. like halberds were basically non existent and you really only had 2 of them but yet I always found myself swimming in magic greatswords like Scrooge Mcduck...

Exacerbated by some unique items being quite clearly better than others (Tidefall and Hours of St. Rumbalt compared to virtually any other two-hander, for example.)  Tidefall in particular is far better than other options at the time you get it (early to late Act II) because it's Superb enchanted and you'll be lucky to be able to Exceptional enchant anything before you wrap up Act II.

There's also the issue of not being able to enchant for things like Damaging 3, Damaging 4, Damaging 5 (or Accurate 3, 4, 5, etc.)  Beyond being more expensive, sometimes I don't really want an even spread of damage and ACC bonus, sometimes I just want a maximized ACC bonus with a bit of damage bonus or a fat damage bonus with only a bit of ACC.

Edited by PizzaSHARK