Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Politics 2017 part V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
580 replies to this topic

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 974 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

It is operative income from which they pay taxes to Germany if they pay taxes to Germany.  Taxes from revenue related things are paid to Czech. 

Revenue is what they get from selling cars they make, operative income is profit that they make from those sales. Difference goes to salaries, sales taxes, components/materials, etc. from which taxes are paid to Czech and which generally increase Czech's economy, as most of the cars they make are exported out from Czech, which means that those sales bring more money to Czech's economy. So that money mostly goes to Czech, although they may buy materials/components  from China or some other even cheaper country, as for example Czech trade deficit with China is only little bit less than their trade surplus with Germany. By looking numbers alone you could make simplification that it is like taking money from Germany and sending it to China.

Trump thing is because he just happens to talk about how similar situation is bad for USA, US companies produce goods, like cars, in Mexico and then bring them to be sold in US, meaning that he sees that it benefits Mexico.

Why are tax heavens than so popular if you are obligated to tax where you originaly created product which you sold much more expensive somewhre else?

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5226 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

But there were people who gasped....I heard them in the live coverage

Oh, I'm 100% sure there were people that gasped. Which was probably closely followed by clutching their chests and averting their gazes. As we have all learned, nobody has, or ever will again, suffer as the jews have suffered. Also nobody can EVER be as evil as Hitler. True story. :yes:

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 974 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

But there were people who gasped....I heard them in the live coverage

Oh, I'm 100% sure there were people that gasped. Which was probably closely followed by clutching their chests and averting their gazes. As we have all learned, nobody has, or ever will again, suffer as the jews have suffered. Also nobody can EVER be as evil as Hitler. True story. :yes:

Well Stalin already beat Hitler decades ago....

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1416 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
Also nobody can EVER be as evil as Hitler.

Pah, there are plenty of people more evil than Hitler! They just don't have the same power and resources to execute* upon it as much as he did! :p

*Hmm, not the best choice of wording, now that I think about it.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5226 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Sorry it wasn't obvious but I was being facetious. I'm generally annoyed when a group thinks they have a monopoly on suffering. Its been 72 years. Let it go.
  • redneckdevil likes this

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1416 posts

How do you figure that they...er, figure that?

On a side-note, I could swear that your avatar used to be animated. Am I crazy?

Edited by Bartimaeus, 12 April 2017 - 05:33 AM.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5226 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Because even an oblique reference is met with gasps and wailing. Obviously.

Its animated on my screen. Chompy gonna chomp.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1416 posts

By people who aren't even a part of the group in question. Not that I don't think Jews themselves wouldn't be offended, mind you - given that it's still recent history enough where brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, mothers, fathers, grandparents of still living people were mass murdered on an industrial scale, I imagine it's still a rather touchy subject...along with people who were affected by other deaths as a result of Hitler's actions (...among others') and World War II. All things heal with time, one way or another, though...but for an event of this magnitude, surely it's not much of a surprise that the hurt from it would be felt beyond even our own lifetimes...a good 2% of the world population dying is a pretty significant event, and it's not even been a hundred years since. I wonder for how long the Black Death was talked about by those who survived it...and from them, the succeeding generations in stories passed down.

Strange. I even opened up a direct link to the image itself, but it's just frozen.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 12 April 2017 - 05:47 AM.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5226 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Meh, don't mind me. I'm just shaking my fist at the sky.

Elerond

Elerond

One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2605 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It is operative income from which they pay taxes to Germany if they pay taxes to Germany.  Taxes from revenue related things are paid to Czech. 

Revenue is what they get from selling cars they make, operative income is profit that they make from those sales. Difference goes to salaries, sales taxes, components/materials, etc. from which taxes are paid to Czech and which generally increase Czech's economy, as most of the cars they make are exported out from Czech, which means that those sales bring more money to Czech's economy. So that money mostly goes to Czech, although they may buy materials/components  from China or some other even cheaper country, as for example Czech trade deficit with China is only little bit less than their trade surplus with Germany. By looking numbers alone you could make simplification that it is like taking money from Germany and sending it to China.

Trump thing is because he just happens to talk about how similar situation is bad for USA, US companies produce goods, like cars, in Mexico and then bring them to be sold in US, meaning that he sees that it benefits Mexico.

Why are tax heavens than so popular if you are obligated to tax where you originaly created product which you sold much more expensive somewhre else?

I would guess that those owners getting for example that 1.23 billion dollars profit tax free is reason to use tax heavens. Even if that isn't that big sum in comparison whole GDP of single country it is quite big sum when it is only shared by some thousands of people. And getting that profit amount bigger is reason why owners move production of goods in cheaper countries, so that they get bigger portion of that revenue to themselves (as they can sell product about same price even though production costs are lower, so company makes more profit, which mean that they pocket more money, and with getting more money they need to pay more taxes which increases attraction of tax heavens in order to cut those taxes down).

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 974 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

hah dumbasses in EU thought you could win against czechs xD

https://www.praguepo...otest-in-prague

so we decided that we accept EU gun regulations, sadly, we as well put right to bear arms into constitution. Well played guys, well played

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2154 posts
Spicer's comment was dumb and historically ignorant, but the reaction to it is way overblown, just another way to attack Trump. Clearly Spicer was referring to battlefield use of chemical weapons, and was trying to attack Assad, not defend hitler.

Clearly the person you want in a crisis: http://thehill.com/h...ed-by-bickering

Elerond

Elerond

• Members
  • 2605 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spicer's comment was dumb and historically ignorant, but the reaction to it is way overblown, just another way to attack Trump. Clearly Spicer was referring to battlefield use of chemical weapons, and was trying to attack Assad, not defend hitler.

Clearly the person you want in a crisis: http://thehill.com/h...ed-by-bickering

But Nazis actually used chemical weapons on battlefield against Soviet Union (at least in Sevastopol (where they gassed city's defenders that had hidden in tunnels under city and in Kuban where they drop gas mountain range in order to kill soldiers fortified there). But mainly all sides avoided to use them in fear of that other side also starts to use them, although Japanese used them against Chinese, probably because there was no fear that Chinese would do counter attacks in Japan. But one thing where Spicer was right was that Nazis didn't use chemical weapons against their own citizens same way as Assad, meaning that they didn't bombarded their own cities with them they just gathered citizens in concentration camps where they gassed them. But I agree that Spicer tried to attack Assad, but he really picked bad way to go with it.

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2154 posts
That's the first I heard of use in the Soviet Union. Do you have a source?

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2721 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Googlfu

https://books.google...epage&q&f=false

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2154 posts
Interesting. Doesn't seem to be a widely known incident.

Elerond

Elerond

• Members
  • 2605 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

That's the first I heard of use in the Soviet Union. Do you have a source?

Chris Bellamy, Absolute War: Soviet Russia in the Second World War (Knopf, 2008).

Israelyan, Victor. On the Battlefields of the Cold War: A Soviet Ambassador's Confession. p. 339.

Merridale, Catherine, Ivan's War, Faber & Faber: pp. 148-150.

Kuban thing is from Russian source 

• BruceVC likes this

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts

It's those Spicer comments

Okay but to be fair we should put this in perspective, it was more his normal habit of misspeaking and displaying different degrees of ignorance and lack of empathy

He will be gone in 6 months, I guarantee it

Because their is an accusation the Trump presidency is anti-Semitic but his son in law is Jared Kushner who is a close confidant of Trump and is Jewish. And his daughter converted when she married Kushner. So I find that hard to believe. Im sure there are other people within the presidency are anti-Semitic but not Trump
How is it that it will take six months to remove this guy? How is it that we are okay with even the slightest chance of antisemites sitting in the White House staff?

On the bright side, Trump might lead the whole system into collapse. :p

Edited by Ben No.3, 12 April 2017 - 11:48 AM.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6877 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Denying the holocaust during a white house press conference on the day of a Jewish holiday is certainly an interesting new low.

Don't think it was denying, just a foot in mouth moment. Holocaust centres was sort of weird though, sounds like some bureaucrat's soulless term for it

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6877 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Sorry it wasn't obvious but I was being facetious. I'm generally annoyed when a group thinks they have a monopoly on suffering. Its been 72 years. Let it go.

How are they acting as if they have a monopoly, though? It is a significant thing to them so they spend their energy on remembering it. How do you want them to "let it go", as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users