Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

6-1 Wisdom roll doing damage to me

Best Answer Longshot11 , 07 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

Played scenario 6-1 for the first time and was destroyed by one of the henchmen with what appears to be a bug.  I have been playing through with Merisel solo.  I was fighting the dwarven brother that required a Wisdom check before fighting and failed it.  The card says he would then do 1d4+? damage to me but instead it dealt me damage equal to my wisdom roll.  Afterwards, it did have him roll the d4 but since my hand was already empty I don't know if it would have dealt damage or not.  This happened twice before I lost the scenario.

Playing on an iPad 4

Not a bug.

Silas is a "Monster", therefore he deals Combat damage to you equal to the difference between your roll and his check to defeat (at least, that's what I take you mean; if indeed he dealt damage equal to your ROLL - yeah, that's a bug). THEN, because *one character did not defeat Silas* (in your case - the only character), you're dealt *another* 1d4-1 Poison damagae, *in addition* to the Combat damage from the failed check.

Bottomlline: what might be tripping you up is, even though Silas' check to defeat is "Wisdom", not "Combat" - failing that check still deals Combat damage to your character, regardless of any other powers the monster has. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

pikkusiili

pikkusiili

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:pikkusiili

Played scenario 6-1 for the first time and was destroyed by one of the henchmen with what appears to be a bug.  I have been playing through with Merisel solo.  I was fighting the dwarven brother that required a Wisdom check before fighting and failed it.  The card says he would then do 1d4+? damage to me but instead it dealt me damage equal to my wisdom roll.  Afterwards, it did have him roll the d4 but since my hand was already empty I don't know if it would have dealt damage or not.  This happened twice before I lost the scenario.

Playing on an iPad 4

Longshot11

Longshot11

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
✓  Best Answer

Playing on an iPad 4

Not a bug.

Silas is a "Monster", therefore he deals Combat damage to you equal to the difference between your roll and his check to defeat (at least, that's what I take you mean; if indeed he dealt damage equal to your ROLL - yeah, that's a bug). THEN, because *one character did not defeat Silas* (in your case - the only character), you're dealt *another* 1d4-1 Poison damagae, *in addition* to the Combat damage from the failed check.

Bottomlline: what might be tripping you up is, even though Silas' check to defeat is "Wisdom", not "Combat" - failing that check still deals Combat damage to your character, regardless of any other powers the monster has. 

• Ethics Gradient and pikkusiili like this

pikkusiili

pikkusiili

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:pikkusiili

I likely misread the card then as I thought I was doing a wisdom check before the combat check.  

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users