Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CLASS BUILD : THE VAMPRIC LEECH

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Livegood118

Livegood118

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The value of speed gains from dexteritys return diminishes the closer you get to zero recovery.

This is not true, at least enough to make a material difference to the matter at hand, because each extra frame closer to the minimum in a full attack cycle is more valuable than the last one.

Case in point:

Swing with neutral recovery at 20 Dex

AD = 30/1.3 = 23 frames

RD = 23/1.2 * max(0, 1 - 2*0)

RD = 19 frames

Full attack cycle = 23+19+5 = 47 Frames

Swing with neutral recovery at 10 Dex

AD = 30

RD = 30/1.2 *1

RD = 25

Full attack cycle = 60 frames

Swing with 0 recovery at 10 DEX:

AD = 30

RD = 0

Full attack cycle = 35 Frames

Swing with 0 recovery at 20 DEX:

AD = 30/1.3 = 23

RD = 0

Full attack cycle = 28 Frames

While the total number of frames reduced is smaller on the 0 recovery build, you still get a 20% attack speed increase. Given that the frames reduced become exponentially more valuable the closer you are to the minimum, this is still a good investment.

Edit: Also fortitude is handy though!

Edited by Livegood118, 05 April 2017 - 07:59 AM.

• firkraag888 likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7383 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I guess that's why I love Aggrandizing Radiance + Minor Avatar so much: +10 to MIG,PER and also DEX (and all the other stats, too). ;)

If there will be a priest of Galawain in Poe2 I want to try a priest/barb...

Dr <3

Dr <3

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Atm Backstab bonus dmg is guaranted for 1 or 2 strikes coming out of invisibiity? If It works for two strikes, that means you can also double backstab with tidefall?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7383 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The last time I checked it was so, yes (2 attacks). At least out of stealth. And it only mattered that you ordered the attack when stealthed. Didn't matter if you unstealthed on the way to the target.

Edited by Boeroer, 05 April 2017 - 01:37 PM.

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 664 posts
That's funny. 'Hey guys.. I couldn't feel your first mega sneak attack with that huge sword that drains my life away let alone inflicts many other painful affections. May I have another?'
  • Boeroer likes this

firkraag888

firkraag888

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 318 posts

edited OP to include the use of healing potions and infuse vital essence as per @boerers comment.

• Boeroer likes this

firkraag888

firkraag888

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 318 posts

I guess that's why I love Aggrandizing Radiance + Minor Avatar so much: +10 to MIG,PER and also DEX (and all the other stats, too). ;)
If there will be a priest of Galawain in Poe2 I want to try a priest/barb...

I wouldn't get to exited about multiclasses in pillars 2. Judging on how obs nerfed and balanced there way through pillars 1 it wouldn't surprise me if they find a way to make multis that useless that it wouldn't be worth rollinging them. They will just nerf all the loop holes and good synergies from multiclassing as they come up with patches instead of improving the enemies AI like they did last time.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7383 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Maybe, but like last time it will take them several years to fix all the game breakers we'll find. ;)
  • Dr <3 and firkraag888 like this

Dr <3

Dr <3

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
And some combo are still around nontheless.
  • Boeroer likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7383 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Yes - but the really potent stuff got nerfed pretty quickly as soon as it was posted and got some attention. Like:

- retaliation + Carnage

- retalitation + focus

- Envenomed Strike or Knockdown + Blast or Spirit Lance

... and more

Some other things like skipping recovery with Quick Switch and/or Coil of Resourcefulness are still in. I guess because nobody is masochistic enough to really abuse this. But in a solo run it's very useful if things get tough.

Some other potential game breakers didn't really get into the game or had only a very short appearence, like Novice's Suffering + Spiritshift.

The above example is just a little foretaste of what's to come with mutliclassing. A dev team can't rule out all those nasty combos before release. Thousands of players will try to generate nice synergies and will come up with some weird albeit wonderful ideas. And I really like that. Creativity and so on.  :) It's a bit like bug hunting but... with more fun. ;)

Edited by Boeroer, 05 April 2017 - 10:32 PM.

firkraag888

firkraag888

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 318 posts

The best one I saw was that jolting touch stiletto proccing on everyone on the screen with the barbarians carnage.

I remember someone screenshotted it and put it on this forum. The whole screen lit up.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7383 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hehe yeah right. That was glorious, too. What's still in the game is Jolting Touch working with Turning Wheel + Lightning Strikes + Blood Testament. It's hilarious - albeit not as powerful as Carnage + Jolting Touch.

firkraag888

firkraag888

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 318 posts
What did you mean by skipping recovery with the coil and quick switch ?

You mean skipping reloading with firearms by pausing and then switching?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7383 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
No. That would be normal behaviour and nothing special.

But when you switch right after the attack animation and before the recovery bar appears you will skip recovery altogether.

You can equip two Great Swords for example and switch back and forth and attack without recovery.

You need Quick Switch + Coil of Resourcefulness for this trick.

If you use this with two guns or crossbows or arbalests also the reloading gets skipped often (not always). You can cycle through your guns and keep firing without recovery and reload.

However, this requires a lot of pausing, timing and switching and is very tedious because fights take forever in real time. But of course it's powerful.

I never use it because it's clearly an unintended behaviour aka bug. :)

Edited by Boeroer, 06 April 2017 - 03:51 AM.

firkraag888

firkraag888

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 318 posts
Almost worth not telling people that

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7383 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

You could use very slow weapons, switch Vulnerable Attack and Cautious Attack on, wear plate and Iron Circle and still have zero recovery. And by now we know how much this increases dps. So if one is willing to micro the hell out of every encounter then it's a very powerful strategy - for a solo run for example. 

• HorusLupercal likes this

firkraag888

firkraag888

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 318 posts
Reminds me of that Austin powers scene haha

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IGiQOCX9UbM

masterty66

masterty66

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 24 posts

So how are you avoiding running out of health and having to rest a lot with this build? You won't die a lot in fights given the heal bonus but I'd imagine the health pool will drain quickly given your low armor. 

Do infusion potions work the same way the Wizard spell does (ie, if you use them just before the fight ends, you get a health bonus)?

firkraag888

firkraag888

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 318 posts
That's why you max Con. Its effects endurance and health.

You don't really notice that are resting all that much. My late game rogue was more sturdy then my fighter and paladin.

I also noticed that the enemies AI was attacking the fighter and paladin first before the rogue for some reason

masterty66

masterty66

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 24 posts

That's why you max Con. Its effects endurance and health.

You don't really notice that are resting all that much. My late game rogue was more sturdy then my fighter and paladin.

I also noticed that the enemies AI was attacking the fighter and paladin first before the rogue for some reason

It does but with padded armor or robes you're still gonna take some big hits which will drain that pool quickly I'd think. You won't die during fights but you will still take big health damage.

But I guess pots of infuse health will take care of that a bit, or you can just give a companion or two triage which with all of the insane + heal bonuses on this build will bring your health pool to max.

And yeah ideally as with all rogue builds you still have teh enemy on your tanks first anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users