--------------------------------------------------------------
Class: Rogue
Race: Moon Goodlike
Background: Rautui
Stats:

MIG: 19 (Essential!!!!) (21 after armor enchant)
CON: 19 (Essential!!!!) (23 after ring)
DEX: 10
PER: 10
INT: 10
RES: 10

No need for high dex because you will hit zero recovery. No need for high Perc because Rogues have more then enough Accuracey
Skills: Survival for max healing camping bonus
Abilities/Talents:

Blinding strike
Crippling Strike
Deathblows
Dirty Fighting
Finishing Blow
Sap
Reckless Assualt
Sneak Attack
Withering Strike
Two weapon style
Deflecting assault
Viscous Fighting
Weapon Focus Knight
Veterans Recovery
Shadowing Beyond
Backstab

---------------------------------------------------------------
Items:

Weapon set 1: Edge of Reason (Draining) (Legendary, Corrosive Lash, Durganized) x2 Dual weilded

Boots: Shod in Faith (consecrated ground on crit)

Head: moon godlike aura

Armor: Vengiatta Rugia (Crush Proofed, Durgan Reinforced, Legendary) (Retaliates)

Neck: Fulvanos Amulet (+25 Healing Received)

Belt: Binding Rope (stuck)

Rings: Iron Circle (+4 con, +15% DR when below 26%Endurance) Ring of Deflection (+9)

Hands: Gauntlets of swift action (speed )

Quick slots: Sock up with Healing Potions that will be supercharged (60%) by your high Might and Items. Infuse vital essence potion will also be boosted for HEALTH and endurance :w00t: 
---------------------------------------------------------------

OK so basically the whole point of this build is that if you are doing insanely high damage with you critical hits, sneak attacks, deathblows and backstabs you basically wont die. Remember the more damage you do the more endurance you will heal. You can charge head on into any group of enemies just like a tank and you will probably last a lot longer then a tank and out damage you entire party combined. Once you hit level 11/12 ish the game becomes so easy it gets ridiculous.

No need to flank or use shadowing beyond (99% of the time) the only battle tactic I would suggest is go for the lower damage reduction/ deflection targets first and work you way up to the harder targets/ bosses. This way you can ensure a constant supply of "life force" to leech off.

You need to maximize you constitution to get max health and endurance to get the most out of this build. Max Might will supercharge your leeching (+35%)

WHY YOU ARE HITTING HARD:

- You are a rogue optimized for Sneak attacks, deathblows and critical hits
- You have reached zero recovery (by using durganized axes, gauntlets of swift action, durganized padded armour (max armour for dual weild and zero recovery))
- You are dual wielding Legendary Durganized Axes that also have Annilation properties
- You have 23 Might
- binding rope will trigger sneak attack and deathblows on everyone (plus make them stuck)

WHY YOU ARE STAYING ALIVE:

- your axes drain 20% of all damage done as endurance (you are at zero recovery you will be hitting very fast)
- Boots of Consecrated ground on crit
- Iron circle ring boost to DR
- moon godlike healing aura
- veterans recovery

ALL OF THIS SYNERGIZES WITH YOUR HIGH MIGHT AND FULVANOS AMULET TO GIVE YOU A BOOST OF 60%!!!!!!!!! TO ALL HEALING AND DRAINING RECIEVED: INCLUDING A BOOST TO THE CONSECRATED GROUND BOOTS, MOON GOD LIKE AURA, VETERANS RECOVERY

PLUS YOU WILL GET ANOTHER BOOST TO HEALING RECIEVED FROM THE CAMPING BONUS.

In short you are not going to die anytime soon. Most People would never think to roll a rogue like this (high might and con, low dex and per) but I think this is the most optimal way purely because you will do insane damage and tank with the best of them. Its builds like this why I love this game.....took me 1000 hours of gameplay to figure this out.

Edited by firkraag888
  • Like 3

How do you stop cc like Prone, Stun, etc., effects?.... won't the Lagufeth take this guy down quick?

I love the build for a party DPSer/Frontliner but not sure about solo. Which was your intention? Solo or Party? You buff him with a high level Priestt and he becomes a Steamroller. Did you boost Strength with Drugs?

Edited by Blades of Vanatar

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

How do you stop cc like Prone, Stun, etc., effects?.... won't the Lagufeth take this guy down quick?

I love the build for a party DPSer/Frontliner but not sure about solo. Which was your intention? Solo or Party? You buff him with a high level Priestt and he becomes a Steamroller. Did you boost Strength with Drugs?

I played him in a party. You won't comeacross to many " critical points of failure" like the Lenguath situation you just described. If I was soloing I would tackle the lenguath with confusion scrolls just like any other character would. Plus you have invisibility.

Yes if you buff him with a priest you will steamroll. The only problem with this build is the game becomes a bit of a yawn fest because you kill everything and can't die(99% of the time)

This build broke the game. Try it if you don't believe me

Edited by firkraag888

He will have very high fortitude and so most disables will not be a huge problem. He can always put on Fenwalkers - the grazes should then be completely removed by the -5 sec enchantment.

Against prone/stun Blaidh Golan will help a lot.

Very nice combination of survivability without sacrificing too much offense -as I like it. :)

One tiny thing though: draining does *not* profit from healing bonuses. I made the same mistake once and stood corrected. But with all the other healing factors you have you will not even notice - also because the high direct damage leads to good draining numbers anyway.

What does work with healing bonuses though is a potion of Infuse with Vital Essence. So even if health is low (may happen a lot when you heal endurance a lot but your defenses are not great) that's not even a problem because those potions can give you back enough health so that you don't have to rest the whole time.

All in all a very nice build. It will need a few levels to develop enough survivability to get reckless but then I'm sure it's a lot of fun.

Funnily enough, I think this build would also work very well with Tidefall - but of course he would be hitting slower - if you like rogues with big swords that is. Full Attack abilities are of course nicer with two weapons.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

He will have very high fortitude and so most disables will not be a huge problem. He can always put on Fenwalkers - the grazes should then be completely removed by the -5 sec enchantment.

Against prone/stun Blaidh Golan will help a lot.

Very nice combination of survivability without sacrificing too much offense -as I like it. :)

One tiny thing though: draining does *not* profit from healing bonuses. I made the same mistake once and stood corrected. But with all the other healing factors you have you will not even notice - also because the high direct damage leads to good draining numbers anyway.

What does work with healing bonuses though is a potion with Infuse of Vital Essence. So even if health is low (may happen a lot when you heal endurance a lot but your defenses are not great) that's not even a problem because those potions can give you back enough health so that you don't have to rest the whole time.

All in all a very nice build. It will need a few levels to develop enough survivability to get reckless but then I'm sure it's a lot of fun.

Funnily enough, I think this build would also work very well with Tidefall - but of course he would be hitting slower - if you like rogues with big swords that is. Full Attack abilities are of course nicer with two weapons.

Yeah your right about needing a few levels to develop and that's why max constitution is so important. Once You get the axes from the endless paths you come alive.

Yes I never noticed the draining not getting boosted from high might and the amulet. Because the rogue hits so hard and fast you will heal quic enough anyway.

Edited by firkraag888

Godlikes can wear helmets now? **** I'm really out of date on PoE.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Feel like you might want to consider the Sanguine Plate. Lose a little bit from the lack of sneak attack bonus but you get a little more protection and will still attack quite fast thanks to Frenzy. 

But I just love that armor so maybe I'm biased :p

Sanguine Plate would result in more DR and +4 MIG and CON and therefore also +16 fortitude and more healing - it would be suiting if one likes that armor. I personally find the looks a bit over the top and too reddish, but hey: Frenzy is nice ;). Recovery would still be zero as far as I can say - but of course only as long as Frenzy works. After that you will lose dps.

Godlikes with helmets: maybe IEMod or simply an oversight during the iteration steps of development. Also happens to me from time to time. I would say Moon Godlike is even better than Maegfolc Skull because you will have the benefits of Silver Tide right from lvl 1 on while the Skull comes very late.

You can put +2 MIG onto the padded armor I guess (can't say if there's enough room left for the enchantment though).

For a rogue that gets hit a bit Elryn's Jacket (also padded armor, causes blind in an AoE ervery few hits you receive) might also be a nice alternative. If you combine it with the Binding Rope (stuck on getting a crit) you can get Deathblows all by yourself - might be handy in solo or when other party memebers are out of CC or so. Another alternative might be Jack of Wide Waters (padded) because of the +2 survival. You could then put a lot less points into survival (only tier 12 instead of 14) which you could put into lore or mechanics or stealth or whatever - also not bad if you'd go solo for example.

Edited by Boeroer

Nice build, i'll give it a shot.

Just some points:

- not very important, but you can't have both 19 starting STR & CON at the beginning, you can choose only one. Anyway you can boost both later with ingame talents

- as other said you can't have anche helmet, so for the strenght boost your only good option is the +3 str ring or a +2 str enchanted armour

- if you play with a team is MANDATORY to have a Chanter with the leeching chant always on, plus the beloved Spirit talent for more imba healing

- vengiatta rugia does very Little for you. Low armor rating and useless retaliation. A durganized sanguine plate can be a good alternative ( str & const boost ; + 33% attack speed). Other good option can be mahea armour ( + Speed and +25% healing, freeing the neck slot) or even the super late Hunter mail ( healing over time, but is a very bugged ability, i'm not sure it actually works). In the end i will stick with the always good sanguine plate ( expecially the First half of the game) or mahea armor.

If you go for mahea you can also try the amulet borragia tear for boosting even more the healing spells, but i'm not sure about what spells will actually benefit from it.

- a weapon alternative can also bè dual purgatory, but axes will indeed do their dirty job

Edit: pseudo-ninjaed by Boeroer ;)

Edited by Dr <3

St. Borragias Tears works with every healing you do - except draining. Damn you, brick headed draining! :)

Maneha's armor is great - it just looks... well... you have to like it on your rogue. ;)

Dual Purgatory is also nice - but Edge of Reason comes superbidyperb - which can be a plus if you want to give superb stuff to all party members.

Edited this swap belt of mortal protection for the binding rope. I actually had the binding rope in my playthrough on this build but didn't originally put it on this post.

Edited got rid of maegfolc skull apologies

Guys if you want zero recovery the Max armour you can use is Durgan enhanced padded. I didn't pick that padded that has the haste spell hold because haste does nothing once you hit zero recovery. The sanguine plate frenzy spell hold will not get you faster then zero recovery anyway (so I've been told by kaylon) so you would be better of with padded. Your going to need zero recovery because I left dexterity at 10. If you put plate on you would probably have to put dex up and you needs those points elsehwere

Guys you do not want the vampiric leech wearing plate. The gains you gain in extra survivablity with the higher DR will be negated by the gains you lose to boosting health with the less draining done because you are not at zero recovery. The frenzy spell hold imo dies not make up for this and at higher levels the frenzy will not proc as often because you will have higher deflection.

Hitting fast and hard = you not getting killed.

The Padded that inflicts blind AOE indeed would be a good substation for solo. That would be very very powerful combined with binding rope. I wouldn't use that armor in a party though.

Dual purgatory would be better but comes to late in the game. Go for the axes asap and you will be better off.

And guys if you want to play around with the build feel free to do so but trust me (ive learnt this from experience playing this build) You want to keep CON as high as possible, that is the trick to this build and the reason you wont die even on POTD. The high CON synergizes unbelievably well with the dual wield draining axes doing high damage with the cits/ blows ect.......

Edited by firkraag888

Guys if you want zero recovery the Max armour you can use is Durgan enhanced padded. I didn't pick that padded that has the haste spell hold because haste does nothing once you hit zero recovery. The sanguine plate frenzy spell hold will not get you faster then zero recovery anyway (so I've been told by kaylon) so you would be better of with padded. Your going to need zero recovery because I left dexterity at 10. If you put plate on you would probably have to put dex up and you needs those points elsehwere

That's not what I said...

With normal durganized weapons, gauntlets of swift action and two weapon talent you can't have any recovery penalty - thus the best you can wear are durganized robes/monks outfits. Also the Iron Circle adds another 5% recovery penalty in your case which makes you even slower.

If you're using instead durganized weapons with speed enchantment (Strike Hard, Last Blade of the Forge, Rimecutter, Danulya) then you can wear up to durganized breastplate. If you want to reach 0% recovery while using also Vulnerable Attack, then you're limited to durganized padded...

• Like 1

It's debateable if you really need 0 recovery if you already can barely see your recovery bar. I mean it's not that something superpowerful happens when you finally hit that goal. It's not like *kaboom* if you progress from a fraction of recovery to 0. 

I think that whole 0 recovery thing is a bit overrated. Sure, if you want totally max out DPS you need 0 recovery. But every knockout costs you so much dps that it might be better to put your efford elsewhere.

Of course it's cool if you can hit without any recovery, no doubt.

Another thing: in the past I always said that you might want to totally dump DEX once you get to 0 recovery because DEX will only affect your attack animation then. And it's true that the effect of DEX on recovery diminishes the lower your recovery already is. But I underestimated how big the "felt difference" is ingame when you have 0 recovery with 10 DEX compared to 18 DEX. Background: I'm just playing Aloth as an unarmed wizard/monk and he quickly reaches 0 recovery because of Alacrity. His melee damage is quite nice for a wizard - because I can use Citzal's Martial Power. high MIG works very well with Novice's Suffering. However - the difference in attack speed is really noticabale before and after Martial Power is cast. It's basically +8 DEX "only" and I already was at 0 recovery. But the sped-up animation feels so much faster that I totally have to withdraw my recommendation that high DEX with 0 recovery is not good. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Dex stuff

I discussed this in my post in the thread with Max Quest, but I think the benefits of reduced frames actually become greater the smaller your total attack time is.

For example, if we went by frames in the following examples you'd get the following damage increases:

120 frames base attack

60 frames = 2x faster

30 frames = 4x faster

15 frames = 8x faster

7.5 frames = 16x faster

Your damage output increases exponentially the smaller the total number of frames. 

So let's say your Rogue had 0 recovery and is attacking with a 1 handed weapon. At 10 Dex, this action would be 35 frames. At 20 Dex, it'd be 28 frames. That's only seven frames saved, however relative to where you were it's still a 20% increase in damage output.

Conversely, the same point investment in to might for a Rogue (assuming a 1h weapon) would give you +30% base damage and therefore 3.3 – 4.8 extra damage + lash bonuses per hit. Assuming we reach an average of 5 damage added per hit for the investment in Might, this indicates to me that in order for the investment in Might to beat the Dex investment the damage on the extra hit would have to be < 20, which seems unlikely considering its a Rogue.

So are you better of putting the points in might or Dex if you are at zero recovery?

It depends:

– Might frontloads the damage and is better vs high DR enemies and with bigger base damage attacks

– Dexterity will give you more damage over time at the expense of less immediate damage (assuming points would otherwise be invest in Might).

– Per will increase your damage a fair bit against targets that are hard to hit, but not as much against targets that you're already not going to miss/graze against.

All of this is variable depending on what buffs you're using and your party composition.

With a Rogue like the one built above I'd probably take Dex over Might or go for 16/16/16 between Might/Con/Dex.

If you put Shod in Faith on another character with higher combined int/might (Paladin, Chanter, Barbarian, Fighter) and were willing to accept a drop in Veteran's recovery duration, you could dump INT to 3 and have 18/18/18 +1 point to spare. Best of both worlds.

edit: also, out of all of the classes in the game, I'd say Rogue/non-stormcaller ranger can get away with dumping int the most

Edited by Livegood118

As we have discussed,

The value of speed gains from dexteritys return diminishes the closer you get to zero recovery.

For this build I would

Max might (to get the healing bonus as well as damage)

Max con ( this is the foundation of this build)

I would leave everything else at 10 including intelligence so you don't decrease your blinding, crippling, withering, sap durations.

This also build needs to stay stay at light armor to work, no heavier then hide dirganized

I agree that higher MIG can have more benefits than just increasing dps. Besides better healing it also helps with fortitude, which is more important than reflex - in my book at least.

The value of speed gains from dexteritys return diminishes the closer you get to zero recovery.

This is not true, at least enough to make a material difference to the matter at hand, because each extra frame closer to the minimum in a full attack cycle is more valuable than the last one.

Case in point:

Swing with neutral recovery at 20 Dex

AD = 30/1.3 = 23 frames

RD = 23/1.2 * max(0, 1 - 2*0)

RD = 19 frames

Full attack cycle = 23+19+5 = 47 Frames

Swing with neutral recovery at 10 Dex

AD = 30

RD = 30/1.2 *1

RD = 25

Full attack cycle = 60 frames

Swing with 0 recovery at 10 DEX:

AD = 30

RD = 0

Full attack cycle = 35 Frames

Swing with 0 recovery at 20 DEX:

AD = 30/1.3 = 23

RD = 0

Full attack cycle = 28 Frames

While the total number of frames reduced is smaller on the 0 recovery build, you still get a 20% attack speed increase. Given that the frames reduced become exponentially more valuable the closer you are to the minimum, this is still a good investment.

Edit: Also fortitude is handy though!

Edited by Livegood118
  • Like 1

I guess that's why I love Aggrandizing Radiance + Minor Avatar so much: +10 to MIG,PER and also DEX (and all the other stats, too). ;)

If there will be a priest of Galawain in Poe2 I want to try a priest/barb...

The last time I checked it was so, yes (2 attacks). At least out of stealth. And it only mattered that you ordered the attack when stealthed. Didn't matter if you unstealthed on the way to the target.

Edited by Boeroer