No stronghold visitors or adventures

ericdy

Question

In the latest version of PoE there ave never come any visitors or merchants and very rarely adventures. The stronghold is fully upgraded.

Any thoughts ? or do any one else have this problem?

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

10 answers to this question

Same here.

I have almost everything built in my stronghold and I had ONE visitor, and it wasn't Azurro the Merchant.

I think that the odds are very very low, which is absurd.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I think it might be RNG related. Some times the Dice Gods just aren't kind, ya know?

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

Both visitors and adventures are tied to Prestige. Started out with almost nothing and was constantly busy by end-game in my last playthrough.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I think it might be RNG related. Some times the Dice Gods just aren't kind, ya know?

I am in middle act 3 and halfway through WM 1.. so really bad luck then... :p must pray to the dices more

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

Both visitors and adventures are tied to Prestige. Started out with almost nothing and was constantly busy by end-game in my last playthrough.

Yeah, and fully upgraded stronghold, killed Ada dragon (gives like 6+ prestige), and middle act 3. I had a lot of visitors in my play through before the latest patch. So something feels buggy

+6 helps, but won't guarantee that you get an adventure or a visitor.

More here, if you're interested.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Thanks, been looking for something that explains the roll :)

Bu I still think it's wierd (or incredible bad luck :p) that I haven't had a single visitor or merchant during the entire game. I have 56 in prestige.. 

Is the roll-rules the same for visitors and merchants?

• Like 1

I've got visitors and adventures.

I usually build Main Keep and the Barracks, hire the 8 Hirelings with highest prestige before completing any quests (besides mainquests to get the Stronghold). By this, starting prestige is 13.

My guess is that the mechanics with rolling 2w50+prestige was changed. Because even with 24 or more prestige i don't get an adventure every turn. More like every 6-8th turn.

Thanks, been looking for something that explains the roll :)

Bu I still think it's wierd (or incredible bad luck :p) that I haven't had a single visitor or merchant during the entire game. I have 56 in prestige.. 

Is the roll-rules the same for visitors and merchants?

Yeah, if you scroll down through the rest of that thread, Aarik explains that the roll governs "events" of which "visitors" and "adventures" are subtypes. So a roll happens at each stronghold turns. Based on the roll "something" happens (and "something" could be nothing).

• Like 1