Where on earth is Patch 1.1.6.5 - has the game been abandoned

Not only are the forums practically dead, but we were told "To get your reward make sure to play Quest Mode at least once (even if you have a level 40) prior to the release of patch 1.1.6.5 which is coming out late February/early March." I'm not sure that I'd define March 27 as "early March". So what's going on here? (I know, OBS have never met an announced deadline in their history with this game, but this is silly). There used to be a very active community that OBS would occasionally contribute to but now? Dead. (Obviously there will be the usual predictable super-positive response from the usual OBS apologist)

C'mon OBS: you have a blog, use it - at least do us the courtesy of an official update. "Community" is a two-way street, you can't expect us all (obvious exception notwithstanding) to blindly have faith that you'll do right by the community and that we'll all rally round when you only interact with us when you want something from us (i.e. unpaid bug bash effort and self-support). To me it looks as though you've met your contractual obligation to Paizo to deliver the game up to AP6 and now you're done, which is fine, just come clean and tell us so we can stop wasting our time too.

• Like 1

Not only are the forums practically dead, but we were told "To get your reward make sure to play Quest Mode at least once (even if you have a level 40) prior to the release of patch 1.1.6.5 which is coming out late February/early March." I'm not sure that I'd define March 27 as "early March". So what's going on here? (I know, OBS have never met an announced deadline in their history with this game, but this is silly). There used to be a very active community that OBS would occasionally contribute to but now? Dead. (Obviously there will be the usual predictable super-positive response from the usual OBS apologist)

C'mon OBS: you have a blog, use it - at least do us the courtesy of an official update. "Community" is a two-way street, you can't expect us all (obvious exception notwithstanding) to blindly have faith that you'll do right by the community and that we'll all rally round when you only interact with us when you want something from us (i.e. unpaid bug bash effort and self-support). To me it looks as though you've met your contractual obligation to Paizo to deliver the game up to AP6 and now you're done, which is fine, just come clean and tell us so we can stop wasting our time too.

You mustn't have been around when we were waiting for AD4.

You mustn't have been around when we were waiting for AD4.

Oh yes I was. But even during the huge delay before AD4 the forum was very active, now it's dead.
  • Like 2

Did you not notice who created that thread?

I did! A developer posted a reply on that thread, so the forum isn't abandoned. Since you asked again, I assume you may have missed the reply.

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

I did! A developer posted a reply on that thread, so the forum isn't abandoned. Since you asked again, I assume you may have missed the reply.

Well, as the post immediately after the one to which you refer is also from me, I think that it's safe to assume that I have indeed seen it.
  • Like 1

Great! Then it sounds like you already have your answer.

Well, as the post immediately after the one to which you refer is also from me, I think that it's safe to assume that I have indeed seen it.

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

Then it means that next update is not yet ready and not ready be released... 5 Person team release updates when They Are ready, and next one is most propably big if it contains the Steam release... a lot of to do and a lot of to test. Can take many, many months to do. Though I am not sure if the next release include the Steam already or not. If it only Goblin costumes to old characters, then it can be allmost ready at this moment. Ofcourse the powers and stuff like that requires a lot of playtesting to smack down most of the bugs.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

This is the last official info:

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/8/entry-201-pathfinder-adventures-valentines-special-and-quest-mode-update/

It all depends on how those Goblins Are implemented. There can be a lot of work, if They Are completely new characters, less if They Are new skins to existing characters. Interesting to see!

The most interesting part is that "Check them out. We'll have one for each iconic character out there and some "We Be Goblins!" content will be coming soon." part in the end.

But I Expect to see them, when I see them... not before.

No, I don't know the answer to my question - if you think what has been offered is an answer then you and I don't see eye to eye on what constitutes a meaningful answer. I had the information already published I was not satisfied with the detail or the schedule and wanted more to understand where this project is going - if it's going anywhere at all.

• Like 2

I suspect the reason we haven't seen the expected update, nor been told why it's so late, is because the devs are working on something difficult that they're trying to get ready for us, but that they're not sure they can do, so they don't want to announce anything until they know one way or the other. I'm speculating wildly that they're trying to figure out a way not to lose Quest Mode.

• Like 2

all the forum loves Quest Mode,and losing it brings us to nervousism...xD yeah, hannibal, I understand what u say,I just want a bit more of On the Road news..."Ehi guys,the patch is coming,we had some problem with debugging" or "sry guys,a bit more,we are going to add some features more" things like that :)

Yeah, I understand about software releases, I used to work for one of the biggest software publishers in the world. All the issues about announcing stuff and then falling short is absolutely standard stuff. But all OBS has to do is make an announcement like "sorry for the delay, we do care about you and haven't forgotten about you, it's just that we're very  busy with ​something big and exciting​ that we can't talk about until (if) it gets done". There's an acknowledgement that they've missed a deadline, a recognition of the value that they put on the community and a teaser that'll drive speculation and hype through the roof. There is no downside to making an announcement like that. There are several downsides to not making one - especially when the community is so important for bug-bashing. Some companies know how to foster community and some don't.

• Like 2

So,

looks like we're screwed.

No announcements, no expansions.

Well, the game itself is currently pretty solid 'as is'. Pretty cool for understanding what original game is. Lack of expansions (which will definitely be available at similar somewhat not-so-reasonable price with RotR anyway) won't do much harm.

And Quest mode is still available lol.

Still, bugger these expansions. How about bugfixes?

Lini's infinite dice rolls, Retaliate wildcard power softlocks, failure to Diplomatize Orik leading to softlock...

What about polishing what we currently have?

Edited by Igeherd
  • Like 1